• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came to post this, really fantastic!

qoyL1Xe.jpg

Also loved the Julio G & Eric Bobo interlude, damn that Julio can spin and scratch!

Haha nice one!

I hope they will come to my hometown again like they did years ago because i will go without any doubt.

Man i was surprised when they performed Checkmate, that's how hiphop in general for me started. Thanks to the PC game Kingpin Life of Crime and Cypress Hill that was heavily featured on/in it. Awesome stuff.

Loved that they did Tequila Sunrise too and Rock Superstar instead of Rap Superstar, so we could hear Sen Dog's dope verse!

Nyx

Haha nice one!

I hope they will come to my hometown again like they did years ago because i will go without any doubt.

Man i was surprised when they performed Checkmate, that's how hiphop in general for me started. Thanks to the PC game Kingpin Life of Crime and Cypress Hill that was heavily featured on/in it. Awesome stuff.

Loved that they did Tequila Sunrise too and Rock Superstar instead of Rap Superstar, so we could hear Sen Dog's dope verse!

Always cool when you have memories of your life just by hearing a song!

Personally I was glad that they did my fav Hand on the Pump, expected it ofc but still!
Loved the interaction with the crowd as well, never screamed ''LA LA LA LAAAAAA'' so loud before. :D

Also laughed when they lit a joint on stage and you could see all the small orange lights in the crowd of people doing the same.

T Dollarz

Ridin' Dirty has been climbing the GOAT ladder for me as of late, that album is so fucking good. It's probably just under ATLiens and Aquemini as far as southern albums are concerned. Prime Pimp-C and prime Bun B just play off each other so perfectly.

I need to give Super Tight another shot. When I first copped both albums Ridin' Dirty just clicked with me so much that I haven't even gone back to Super Tight.

As far as ranking those albums you listed, I'd go:

Ridin' Dirty > The Diary > SouthernPlaya > Soul Food (I need to give this one more play too, think I only gave it one listen)

HiResDes

You know I'm surprised no one is really talking about The Odd Tape, I know it's an instrumental joint, but it's quite dope. I also liked Hello Personal Film Festival more than the general consensus, and was really impressed by Kilo Kish's latest effort.

Also Problem's Hotels 2 > > Still Brazy

You know I'm surprised no one is really talking about The Odd Tape, I know it's an instrumental joint, but it's quite dope. I also liked Hello Personal Film Festival more than the general consensus, and was really impressed by Kilo Kish's latest effort.

Also Problem's Hotels 2 > > Still Brazy

Problem? Really? Hmmm....might have to check it out then because i definitely dig Still Brazy. Especially the production but also YG as a rapper....he has definitely improved over his previous material. Can't care much for most of the features though.

The one Problem song i know is Say that then, in GTA 5. I thought that was quite decent.

HiResDes

I really didn't hear many impressions of the following albums was just wondering what ya'll thought of the latest by:

Bankroll Mafia
Meyhem Lauren
Elucid
Dälek
Father

Also I just made this list for another forum, the rating style is probably a giveway, but thought it might be useful...It's very loose and will change on the daily:

Solid 9 Territory
Azizi Gibson - A New Life (Rap, Pop Rap)
Elucid - Save Yourself (Hip-Hop, Political Hip-Hop)
Kweku Collins - Nat Love (Pop Rap, Hip-Hop, Neo-Soul)

Solid 8 Territory
Kanye - TLOP (You Know)
Payroll Giovanni & Cardo - Big Bossin Vol. 1 (Downtempo West Coast Gangsta Rap)
Key - Before I Scream (Southern Rap, Trap, Pop Rap)
Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered. (You Know)
Lushlife - Ritualize (Modal Jazz Hip-Hop)
Open Mic Eagle & Paul White - Hello Personal Film Festival (Hip-Hop, Pop)
Joey Purp - iiiDrops (Hip-Hop)
Dowrong & Eric Dingus - Stack or Starve (Cloud Rap)
Bankroll Mafia - Bankroll Mafia (Southern Rap, Trap)
Young Thug - Slime Season 3 (Trap, Southern Rap, Pop)
Post Malone - August 26 (Pop Rap)
Pollari - Sonya (Pop Rap)
Retch - Lean & Neck (Trap Rap)
Lil Uzi Vert - Lil Uzi Vert Vs. The World (Pop Rap, Southern Rap)
Dälek - Asphalt For Eden (You Know)
The Purist & WestSide Gunn - Roses Are Red... So Is Blood (East Coast Mafioso Rap)

Strong 7 Territory
Elzhi - Lead Poison (Hip-Hop)
Westside Gunn - Flygod (East Coast Mafioso Rap)
Hannibal King - Don't Die (Hip-Hop)
Problem - Hotels 2 (West Coast Gangsta Rap)
Kilo Kish - Reflections in Real Time (Pop Rap)
Father - I'm a Piece of Shit (Pop Rap, Trap)
Trouble - Skoobzilla (Southern Rap, Trap)
Meyhem Lauren - Piatto D'Oro (East Coast Mafioso Rap)
Lil Yachty- Lil Boat (Pop Rap)
Retro Jace - Jace Tape (Southern Rap)
Future - Purple Reign (Trap Rap)
J-Zone - Fish-n-Grits (Old School Hip-Hop)
Fat Nick - When the Lean Runs Out (Trap Rap)
Belly - Another Day in Paradise (Rap, Pop Rap)
Greenova South - Kome Ryde With Us (Southern Cloud Rap)

Since I like what Derrick does with ranking classic albums, I want to try one. Rank these albums.

Before I start,I want to commend you on your impeccable taste as these are five classics. I'll start with 5 on down.
5. When the Smoke Clears: dope ass album that came out when I was still living in Memphis. It's not as good as Mistah don't play, but it goes hard.
4. The Diary: I love this album. Untouchable is better in my opinion, but I could be swayed though. Face storytelling is top notch in this.
3. Southernplayalistic: what a great debut. It too raw at times but the production was beastly.
2. Soul Food: This is the best project anyone from Atlanta ever put out! Period!
1. Riding Dirty: better than illmatic! And I love Nas

Before I start,I want to commend you on your impeccable taste as these are five classics. I'll start with 5 on down.
5. When the Smoke Clears: dope ass album that came out when I was still living in Memphis. It's not as good as Mistah don't play, but it goes hard.
4. The Diary: I love this album. Untouchable is better in my opinion, but I could be swayed though. Face storytelling is top notch in this.
3. Southernplayalistic: what a great debut. It too raw at times but the production was beastly.
2. Soul Food: This is the best project anyone from Atlanta ever put out! Period!
1. Riding Dirty: better than illmatic! And I love Nas

Thanks, appreciate it. Love your enthusiasm, and yes all five albums are great. Soul Food is definitely quite possibly the best Southern Hip Hop album ever.

Dereck

TorcH
Lord Have Mercy
THat Part (feat. Kanye West)
Groovy Tony / Eddie Kane (feat. Jadakiss)
Kno Ya Wrong (feat. Lance Skiiiwalker)
Ride Out (feat. Vince Staples)
WHateva You Want (feat. Candice Pillay)
By Any Means
Dope Dealer (feat. E-40)
JoHn Muir
Big Body (feat. THa Dogg Pound)
Neva CHange (feat. SZA)
Str8 Ballin
Black THoughts
Blank Face (feat. Anderson .Paak)
Overtime (feat. Miguel & Justine Skye)
Tookie Knows II (feat. Traffic & TF)

No, and I've been listening to Gucci man slurring since I was in middle school. This breh is just past the down syndrome flow

Sounds more like an African chant from the motherland. I'm white but it made me feel at peace, like my spirit was elevated by this young black man with something to say (even though I don't know exactly what it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom