• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol im not serious, you like what you like

i still struggle going back to tpab

yeah outside of the messages he was giving in the album and a few really great tracks i'm still not as high on tpab as a lot of other people were.

this might be the same thing for me. like a lot of these tracks start off so promising and just devolve into wasted potential. take a look at white ferrari for instance. opens and closes so amazingly but the middle is just generic to me.

yeah outside of the messages he was giving in the album and a few really great tracks i'm still not as high on tpab as a lot of other people were.

this might be the same thing for me. like a lot of these tracks start off so promising and just devolve into wasted potential. take a look at white ferrari for instance. opens and closes so amazingly but the middle is just generic to me.
Accepting that you are a basic bitch is the first step friend.

2 days until Jeffery and birds in the trap

feedme.png

kinda sick of donglover but I will watch this

Reckoner

been busy this week - what's ya'lls take on these Frank joints, worth the wait? pretty hyped for a weekend listen

good looks, hitting this up now!

I'm just now starting to enjoy the album after multiple listens. It's very slow, not many or really no hooks - can be unpredictable throughout tho. This is an album for the patient.

IrishNinja

^ after Ka, i am down for another slow burn of an album

also damn, that Nobody Speak video shit is one of the best ive seen in a minute

IrishNinja

i can fuck with some of theirs, but i mostly dig Substantial & Pase Rock on some cuts. there's lots of other dudes who make me long for an instrumental though

Koozek

Yooo, just learned that it's Yung Lean singing on the second hook of Self Control on Blonde.

Also just checking out Endless and it's actually a bit more interesting production-wise so far.

PBY

Banned
Yooo, just learned that it's Yung Lean singing on the second hook of Self Control on Blonde.

Also just checking out Endless and it's actually a bit more interesting production-wise so far.
I think he's actually on the first

That said, yung fucking lean is on the frank album if that isn't some inspiration shit

Dereck

I saw someone earlier talking about how when they revisited TBAP, they found it difficult to enjoy because of the serious subject matter and "concepty" vibe of the tracks. I get it.

While I do like Kendrick's albums I wish he would loosen up more, and what I mean by that is basically release a Black Hippy album where he's more free to spit "38 till it free yo chest then pee pee on the PO's desk" verses instead of rapping about impoverished neighborhoods, introspective topics and institutionalized racism etc.

I'm referring to him just rapping for "sport".

It's the difference between Whoa and Chum. Where Chum has nice storytelling but I rarely find myself revisiting it.

I saw someone earlier talking about how when they revisited TBAP, they found it difficult to enjoy because of the serious subject matter and "concepty" vibe of the tracks. I get it.

While I do like Kendrick's albums I wish he would loosen up more, and what I mean by that is basically release a Black Hippy album where he's more free to spit "38 till it free yo chest then pee pee on the PO's desk" verses instead of rapping about impoverished neighborhoods, introspective topics and institutionalized racism etc.

It's the difference between Whoa and Chum. Where Chum has nice storytelling but I rarely find myself revisiting it.

Rigamortis, breh.

riotous

Banned
I wish I was a fan of Kendrick's voice changes; seems to be what people like about some of his raps and it has never not turned me off to a song.

Really like his regular voice.

also damn, that Nobody Speak video shit is one of the best ive seen in a minute

Wasn't expecting that. The dude rapping Mike's verse killed me on the "Fuck outta here....YEAH."

People would kill him for doing that unless he had like 15 "LEVITATE LEVITATE LEVITATE LEVITATE" tier hooks.

you got 100 trillion other rappers that do that, let kendrick do his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom