• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

I don't know if I didn't pay enough attention, but I listened to both Frank albums while driving and most of it just went with the wind lmao. Will have to re-listen, but seems like it has a lot of filler.

Same. Guess the only project I'll ever enjoy as a whole is nostalgia. Oh well.

Courage

I don't know if I didn't pay enough attention, but I listened to both Frank albums while driving and most of it just went with the wind lmao. Will have to re-listen, but seems like it has a lot of filler or I'm just not in the mood for this.

It's a slow burner, as there isn't anything catchy on this. Definitely requires a listen with headphones to appreciate the minimal production and lyrics (which are wayyy better than CO's).

Detox

Hopefully that Ka shit doesn't fuck up his job. Seems like he has a good thing going a good job and making the music he wants to with no bullshit.

Tokubetsu

We revel in the present like the future don’t exist

kuXjD9w.gif

Was watching that Top Five rappers round-table for the movie Top Five and it's pretty funny how Rosario Dawson clapped extra hard when someone mentioned Nas beating Jay Z in their battle considering that they dated for three years (her and Jay, not Nas obviously) ,I'm assuming that's why she did that.
Also I never get tired of Chris Rock stanning MBDTF.

T Dollarz

Was watching that Top Five rappers round-table for the movie Top Five and it's pretty funny how Rosario Dawson clapped extra hard when someone mentioned Nas beating Jay Z in their battle considering that they dated for three years,I'm assuming that's why she did that.
Also I never get tired of Chris Rock stanning MBDTF.

I was at the Daredevil panel at Wizard World Chicago today. She was definitely my favorite cast member, she had so much charisma and energy. Love her.

So I got Nothing Was the Same...

I'm still not the biggest Drake fan on the planet, but the fact that I bought a Drake album says a lot of how much I'm willing to explore rap. Not too long ago the only rap group I really liked was ATCQ.

We shall see if I like this better than IFRTITL. Sort of meh on that one.

Vorheez

How come Kodak was better at 14 than he is now
There's some truth to this, and like dat is my song of the generation/best single of 2016. That video was dope and I think I might appreciate the style more, I dunno, I'd need to hear more obviously

Ivan 3414

Miguel won.

They aren't in the same league; no one will ever anticipate a Miguel album like they do with Frank

I thought it had been known he was a firefighter.

his cred has always been sketchy at best.

I don't get it; what's sketchy about being a firefighter

That's a very different job from being with the police, I don't understand what the the big deal is. Mind you I don't know anything about this rapper; I just heard a song from him for the first time yesterday

Koozek

I think there is a weird dichotomy when it comes to rap, at least for me. I've felt more inclined to really check out what is more mainstream in rap, rather than sticking to underground stuff that sounds stale and old and cops early 90s Jazz and Boom Bap.

Which is good. Always be open for new shit. Some of my best friends from our Dusty Rap Head times in our youth refuse to listen to anything new besides maybe Kendrick. I mean, I still listen to a lot of 90's classics regularly too and in the last 2 years or so I've been in a heavy Boom Bap phase again when I'm making beats, but man, it would've been boring as hell if I didn't discover all this fresh music and opened up to Future, Thugga etc., especially since I'm in GAF-Hop. Between 2009-2012 I didn't listen to Rap at all, btw, besides Ye and Drake and only found back through GKMC and Hudson Mohawke/Lunice/Rustie/LuckyMe mixes, which had a lot of Trap-infused joints that sounded totally new and fresh to me. Revitalized my love.

HiiiLife

Real talk tho....after a few listens I think CO > blonde. Can't find the patience to come back to songs other than Pink White, both solos and nights.

My ears are broken I think.

Real talk tho....after a few listens I think CO > blonde. Can't find the patience to come back to songs other than Pink White, both solos and nights.

My ears are broken I think.

it's a lot less conventional than Channel Orange. slower burn, man this is definitely a chill ass album tho I'm loving most of it. he really should have given us a pyramids style beat switch tho on one of the tracks. as a whole i'll definitely come back to the album but the only single track i can listen to would be Nikes tbh.

Anyways does anybody think that JEFFREY song with wyclef might be some next-level thugga melody? Man this guy was always good at using his weird ass voice for some good melodies but the hook on this is one of his greatest works imo. so beautiful. :tears

HiiiLife

Fuck insomnia.
Been up since yesterday and got work in 3 hrs. Knowing me I'm gonna take a nap after work and repeat the cycle.

it's a lot less conventional than Channel Orange. slower burn, man this is definitely a chill ass album tho I'm loving most of it. he really should have given us a pyramids style beat switch tho on one of the tracks. as a whole i'll definitely come back to the album but the only single track i can listen to would be Nikes tbh.

Anyways does anybody think that JEFFREY song with wyclef might be some next-level thugga melody? Man this guy was always good at using his weird ass voice for some good melodies but the hook on this is one of his greatest works imo. so beautiful. :tears

Only heard good things about that latest Thugger track but I'm abstaining until the project releases, which I thought was gonna happen by now. Or was that Travis

Used to crush me.
Who knows if what worked for me will help, but -

Work out like crazy, don't check your phone in bed.

^This has worked wonders for me as well. Last 20 minutes before you go to sleep, get rid of anything bright, that shit tells your body its not time to go to sleep yet

HiiiLife

Yep putting your phone in night mode while browsing in bed isn't doing you any favors either. I'm gonna try to push it till 9 tonight. Hope I can make it.

Napping is the GOAT/WOAT I swear

Which is good. Always be open for new shit. Some of my best friends from our Dusty Rap Head times in our youth refuse to listen to anything new besides maybe Kendrick. I mean, I still listen to a lot of 90's classics regularly too and in the last 2 years or so I've been in a heavy Boom Bap phase again when I'm making beats, but man, it would've been boring as hell if I didn't discover all this fresh music and opened up to Future, Thugga etc., especially since I'm in GAF-Hop. Between 2009-2012 I didn't listen to Rap at all, btw, besides Ye and Drake and only found back through GKMC and Hudson Mohawke/Lunice/Rustie/LuckyMe mixes, which had a lot of Trap-infused joints that sounded totally new and fresh to me. Revitalized my love.

Word.

Yep putting your phone in night mode while browsing in bed isn't doing you any favors either. I'm gonna try to push it till 9 tonight. Hope I can make it.

Napping is the GOAT/WOAT I swear

I will probably go till seven. Or swap that class with another.

Koozek

Real talk

Never got Miguel and never will. Dude sucks.

Worst out of this rnb resurgence.

Just rememberd that I really liked Kaleidoscope when it dropped, but I haven't really followed him after that.

https://play.spotify.com/album/4Rvzx3X6hcDb7nty1IzVP4

Dude's on another level.

PlXu9uM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom