• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

O5rcMVh.gif

Good looks

HiResDes

GOOD LOOKS

didn't really organize my listening habits this year, got kinda out of seeking new music and resorted to old favs for the majority of the year... with that being said here's some that i liked off the top of my head. i'm certain i'm missing some of my favs. also left out stuff that gets mentioned a lot (solange, frank o, tribe, etc)

steven julien - fallen
ambala - volume 1
benedek - coolin
katie gately - color
dk - island of dreams
psychic mirrors - nature of evil
julianna barwick - will
ital tek - hollowed
kero kero bonito
john roberts - plum
tinashe - nightride
nba youngboy - 38 baby
hoops - hoops ep
payroll giovanni - big bossin
kevin gates - islah
everything from nef
oh and the stardew valley soundtrack lol

I forgot to ask if you checked out the other stuff from the label since you liked Island of Dreams? Namely Kaazi's Zen Travel, Body-San's Shining the Money Ball, and Pleasure Model's Kendo Dynamics

Fjordson

GOOD LOOKS

I forgot to ask if you checked out the other stuff from the label since you liked Island of Dreams? Namely Kaazi's Zen Travel, Body-San's Shining the Money Ball, and Pleasure Model's Kendo Dynamics
Shining the Money Ball was great. I'll have to check out those others.

Bacon

Yeah Andrew listen to House of Balloons asap. That record is just... damn. I probably listen to it at least once a week still. And its one of the best records to throw on when you have a lady coming over.

Koozek

Drake's Identity Crisis
He is more popular now than ever, but Drake is losing his own identity on the way up.

Drake bought 21 Savage a Ferrari for his 24th birthday. That's one hell of a flex, being able to hand a Ferrari to someone you just met. I think the last gift I got one of my friends was a bottle of whiskey that we ended up splitting.

For Drake, giving away a car probably requires little effort. He hits OB O'Brien on the walkie, "Yo, buy 21 a Ferrari," and that's it. But it still seems like an excessive gesture. It took years for Tyga to get Kylie Jenner a car, and he didn't even spend money on it. If someone buys you a Ferrari, you kind of owe that person. You have to be nice to that person. You can't really blow off or diss someone that just bought you a Ferrari. You should probably give that person at least three features.

All it took was one act of kindness for Drake to put himself in an excellent position with one of the hottest young rappers out. If you think that's too much praise for 21 Savage, listen to the kids. Metro Boomin performed at ComplexCon, and as he ran through his hits, nothing set the crowd off more than when 21 came on. The crowd went wild. Drake has always had his ear to the streets, and he knows exactly when to paddle out.

[...]

Since "Tuesday," Drake has hopped on wave after wave, few being of his own creation. He's had a love affair with grime and he's dabbled in dancehall. He released a collaborative effort with Future right as Future completed a legendary run of releases. Gucci Mane's release from prison was one of the biggest moments of the year, and Drake was one of the first people at Guwop's house. The two dropped "Back On Road," and plans of a project together were revealed. When the "Gucci Home" hype died down, talk of 6ers disappeared. Kodak Black is one of the few to escape Drake's net after a co-sign: after "Skrt" was played on OVO Sound Radio, Drake posted a video of himself dancing to the song. Kodak's response was blunt: "If you’re trying to show me that you fuck with me, call me. Throw me on your album so I can get me some royalties.” Zaytoven has gone on to say, “When you work with Drake you don’t really work with Drake. You send him the song, he rap on it then y’all done worked together."

Now Drake is in the studio with Kanye West one day and Taylor Swift the next. An artist's ability to change their sound is vital for longevity in the game, but when Drake released Views in 2016, it felt like he got his signals crossed: it was the most predictable Drake album yet, an amalgamation of pop hits and twice-filtered dancehall that was missing features from any of Drake's alleged champions, most notably Popcaan and Skepta. The creative energy was seemingly spent perusing the forums, looking for the next local hit to mount in his trophy room. The latest: British rapper Dave's "Wanna Know."

[...]

QQiIGUX.png
Z2pCjd0.png

I'm at the Nicolas Jaar show and his house music is this weird radio station where this kid is playing rap acappellas over ambient music and it really really works. It's a radio show under the name "Ambient Hardcore" and I can't find shit about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fetty Wap ft. Monty - Shit I Like (Prod. by AceBankz).

Childish Gambino - Redbone

Holy fuck he might actually make a good album.
Both straight crack TBH.

What did you think of Nightride? Don't think I saw you post about it
Haven't posted because I'm kind of on the fence between it's okay and I genuinely like it. It's a nice, light listen through, but I seem to keep coming back to C'est La Vie and Ride of Your Life over anything else (which are both fantastic). Bunch of other good songs on there too, but they vary IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom