• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally listened to the last JMT albums I haven't haerd yet. The Psycho-Social is esoteric but quickly grew on me. Violence Begets Violence though.....man what a boring album.

And they've been sounding the same for nearly 20 years.

Eh, kind of. I think their first two albums are pretty unique compared to Visions of Ghandi after, which pretty much set their formula forever. I like their sound which is why I own most of their stuff, but yeah, most people are better off with just one of their albums.

On another note, what are some Hip Hop albums you consider to be the "hardest" you've ever heard. I'm really in the mood for hard as hell Hardcore Hip Hop. Not so much Death Grips Noise-influenced Hip Hop, but close enough.

It's alright. Untitled 6 and 3 are better, IMO.
the live version of 03 on colbert is way better, not a fan of the version on uu. 6 is good too, but the first verse on untitled 05 is incredible.
I got 100 on my dash, got 200 in my trunk
Name in the grab bags, put my Bible in the trunk
Taaka vodka on the top of my binocular I'm drunk
How can I can make them popular, pop em' when I want
See I'm livin' with anxiety, duckin' the sobriety
Fuckin' up the system I ain't fuckin' with society
Justice ain't free, therefore justice ain't me
So I justify his name on obituary
Why you wanna see a good man with a broken heart?
Once upon a time I used to go to church and talk to God
Now I'm thinkin' to myself, hollow tips is all I got
Now I'm drinkin' by myself, at the intersection, parked
Watch you when you walk inside your house
You threw your briefcase all on the couch
I plan on creeping through your fuckin' door and blowin' out
Every piece of your brain until your son jumped in your arms
Cut on the engine, then sped off in the rain
I'm gone

On another note, I'm still sort of miffed why you can't find the album on Youtube to listen to.

the live version of 03 on colbert is way better, not a fan of the version on uu. 6 is good too, but the first verse on untitled 05 is incredible.

It's definitely a great song, but the music itself is not bad but nothing too exciting for me. It's not a bad song though, so there's that.

I do like the live version of 8 a lot more than the studio. Kendrick is really good live, which is something that should never be overlooked. That's one reason why the single version of i is complete garbage compared to the album/live version.

FZZ

Banned
Starboy Tracklist:
Cxf-O9VVQAElM4y-e1479423927675.jpg

Kendrick and Future about to bless us again

All I know gonna be some R&B ass simp bitch nigga shit I just know it

smh

ARK322

Neo Member
Picking the best Kendrick verse is pretty much impossible, but I'll go with verse 2 of Ronald Reagan Era on the basis of it being the first moment I realized just how good he is.

Glass Rebel

New Weeknd is 1.5/4 so far. I kinda fucks with Star Boy and Party Monster but both Fals Alarm and I Feel It Coming are straight up basura.

god damn this is smooth. didn't expect anything less with Gibbs/Fraud but whew good to hear them both again.

Weeknd impressions: False Alarm is trash (that video tho), I Feel It Coming has a great 70s MJ throwback sound to it but it's boring, Starboy is ehh, Party Monster is better but not that hot.

Frank and Weeknd letting me down 2016. They were the chosen ones too....(well Endless was great tho)

edit: ah i guess the album leaked. I'll check it out when its up on streaming.

Yeah, I know you are all sick about hearing about the new thread, but I gotta go to bed and I will post the next thread tomorrow next afternoon at the earliest. If this thread goes to 400 before then, hang on and I'll post it in the early afternoon.

Catvoca

Banned
Raptor ‏@RaptorJesuss
Kanye said as a black man and as a celebrity he felt persecuted for supporting Trump, feels vindicated.

Raptor ‏@RaptorJesuss
Kanye had a good run without ranting, at the end of Ultralight Beam, started ranting, saying black people need to "get over racism"

Not like this Kanye smh

Koozek

Raptor ‏@RaptorJesuss
Kanye said as a black man and as a celebrity he felt persecuted for supporting Trump, feels vindicated.

Raptor ‏@RaptorJesuss
Kanye had a good run without ranting, at the end of Ultralight Beam, started ranting, saying black people need to "get over racism"

Not like this Kanye smh
L
O
L

He really is lost. Can't take his delusional ass serious anymore. Not that I have in the last few years anyway. Go make the world a better place by making $1000 hype beast sneakers. He will never ever release something of substance anymore. Yeezy season over.

Ninja Dom

I've listened to two 21 Savage albums now. The first one with Metro Boomin and the new one that came out last week.

Dude is still a C tier rapper, but he keeps on making enjoyable tracks. It's odd.

Koozek

I've listened to two 21 Savage albums now. The first one with Metro Boomin and the new one that came out last week.

Dude is still a C tier rapper, but he keeps on making enjoyable tracks. It's odd.
I suspect he will "click" for me in a few months like Future did at some point months after you guys hyped DS2 up for so long. I liked his recent features on BITTSM and Sneakin'. Listened to his tape with Metro a few months ago and felt the same way as when I first heard DS2, too monotonous and samey, but I'll listen to that tape again today.

Servbot24

Banned
I click on the hip hop thread and talk is about the fucking Weeknd. FFS.

Raptor ‏@RaptorJesuss

Raptor ‏@RaptorJesuss

Not like this Kanye smh

ok

i've stuck with kanye through the years, through all the fashion bullshit

this is too much

Koozek

I click on the hip hop thread and talk is about the fucking Weeknd. FFS.

ok

i've stuck with kanye through the years, through all the fashion bullshit

this is too much
Yeah, this is the breaking point for me too, as corny as that sounds. I've been already losing any faith in him in the last 2 years or so. I was even defending him after his infamous series of incoherent interviews before, lol. He clearly has mental issues and is becoming completely delusional and disconnected from the world. Not even expecting any exceptionally special music from him anymore, but let's wait and see how the next album turns out.

FZZ

Banned
I'm done brehs

I'm no longer the Ye stan I once was

First Nintendo let me down, now Ye

:L

at least trab been staying out all this bullshit

FZZ

Banned
Nah fuck that I miss the I won't elect and support a misogynistic, bigoted, xenophobic demagogue Kanye

One that had an actual footing in reality and could understand that supporting any facet of Trump isn't going to "reveal racists" and instead inspire them and increase hate and violence towards minorities

His fucking wife voted Hillary

Piece of fucking shit

Fuck Ye

For all the stupid shit he's done this past year alone (Bill Cosby innoncent?)

you know what Ye, now I know why Jay doesn't let his kid play with yours. Fucking loon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom