• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3k

The title track itself is definitely a weak track, but you can make an argument for it being a top 3 Nas album.

i enjoyed the cd as well... that song got skipped every single time though

i think an objective look at nas' worst songs would be quite funny

random thought: i liked enough of nazareth savage to think of it well but i probably skipped half of both cds with the quickness

This new Childish Gambino album is awful.
Nope.

It's not awful, it just takes some time to grow on you.

My first listen, I was in the same lane, basically wondering why it was so mediocre. Going through it again, it's a lot better than I was giving it credit for before, and I'm glad he didn't make an album of just "Redbone" type songs. It's pretty good, though "California" is certainly....unique.

All three RTJ singles are really good. I can't stand their ascent to mainstream culture but I do like their music. Definitely feels like an easy album to listen to, though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
California's a great track. Shit's tropical as hell, puts me in a good mood
99569-ec605f77fc74f94494109f1af37d06f8.jpg

Detox

I love distant relatives, JR Gong's production is godlike throughout. It's so close to being a classic but the weak link is Nas. If Nas brought his usual A game the album would be goat tier. No standout verses, Nas just isn't his usual poetic self. There are some songs where Damian outshines him.

Damian's hiphop beats are incredibly refreshing and I hope Nas works with him in the future.

So in addition to that album with Ferrari Sheppard, Mos Def is releasing two more albums, Negus In Natural Person and As Promised (with Mannie Fresh).

patrice.png
patrice.png
patrice.png
patrice.png
patrice.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
So I just realized unless he has a surprise in store for the next few weeks, this will be the first time Flying Lotus has gone past 2 years without dropping an album.

I wanna say that I really gotta hand it to Ab-Soul for fucking up a pretty good TDE year (uu, Blank Face, Sun's Tirade) but I haven't listened to that Lance Skiiwalker album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom