• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDat

Tiff The Gift - It Gets Greater Later

Princess Nokia's 1992 was such a nice little project. Still vibing to it. Green Line is another standout from it.

I've listened to it 3 times now. It's growing on me, but I'm not loving it the way I did Metallic Butterfly. I like that she's trying out lots of different sounds. MB, Honeysuckle, and 1992 show pretty good range especially for someone so early in their career.

Nastradamus is bad but has some good tracks like Come Get Me, which was one of the early salvos in the Nas/Jay cold war before things got blatant. Life We Choose and Project Window are great tracks too.
illmatic and lost tapes are his best imo granted i havent listened to any of his other albums

huh? It Was Written, Stillmatic, Life Is Good. God's Son isn't bad.

Definitely never heard anything that on the nose before with that Nas album. Definitely understand now what people say when they accuse Nas of being Smart Dumb.

Tomorrow's the most important day of the month.
Nastradamus is bad but has some good tracks like Come Get Me, which was one of the early salvos in the Nas/Jay cold war before things got blatant. Life We Choose and Project Window are great tracks too.

Untitled too.

I used to buy the idea of Jay Electronica helping Nas write the intro to Untitled, but after going through his discography again I can see a lot of threads leading up to that song, paricualtly the "I'm a civil rights person doing something" type lines, even though a lot of it feels more abstract than I'm used to from Nas aside from tracks like Take It In Blood.
It's the birthday of Tyra Banks!
Wrong black person.

Going to the show tn

more fuckery than this page
about that.....
CyyrDmBUoAAGtbk.jpg:large
He's been kicked off the tour.

Currently ranting on Twitter.

FZZ

Banned
I've never stanned Drake in my life

I can feel sorry for Ye while still thinking he made a dumb fucking comment at his show that exemplified pure ignorance and hate

Still don't see him the same way which is a shame. His music will always be dope tho

IrishNinja

came to post all this - i don't remember anyone in the day considering It Was Written this huge step down, shit was nice. Stillmatic is one of his greats, and some of my favorite tracks come from God's Son

Tomorrow's the most important day of the month.

Untitled too.

it's weird, i have a hard time remembering tracks i liked on Untitled, even though i know i enjoyed it more than Streets Disciple

Library Son across the belly, i prove you lost already

What's wrong? Seems fine to me.

ashanti & ja rule shit expire faster than wal-mart milk the cashier put back after leaving it by the register for a full day

Hitta93

Banned
Yeezus is just hella experimental.
Facts.

Yeezus is the GOAT record. Seriously, it's my favorite (tied for favorite) Kanye album because of just how...different and angry and well-produced it is. It's a flawed masterpiece in my opinion, and I love that album to death. Will legitimately fight anyone who dislikes the album.
Congratulations...

Tell us some cool stories where you fought somebody.
Lol.
Exactly. Nice try, Kanye.
tlop- trash
yeezuz - trash except for black skinhead
mbdtf - mediocre if really think about it
808s - cudi trash
gradutation - pop rap trash
lr-outside of cnt tell me nuthin it's trash
cd- aight.

like nas said that like a hot album per 10 year avg
This place really is a cesspool.

Status