• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xHiryu

I've been listening to Hold My Liquor on repeat today basically. I tried to start listening to Yeezus at work yesterday, but that album is not great to have on in the background when you're concentrated on something else. That album is weird. I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me (I thought the same about 808s at first as well, now I love it). For now I like Hold My Liquor, Bound 2 and Blood On The Leaves.

I've also been listening to MF DOOM (mostly Mm.. Food and a little bit of Madvillany) and he's just fun to listen to. Also, still making my way through OutKast's discography. There's too much good music.

BITCH IM BACK OUT MY COMA

Yeezus is solid imo just hella experimental. MF DOOM has some of the sneakiest punchlines lol especially on meat grinder

this about meets my expectations, so nice

The track with Mac Miller is sick actually

Glass Rebel

those Irish posts
full

I've been listening to Hold My Liquor on repeat today basically. I tried to start listening to Yeezus at work yesterday, but that album is not great to have on in the background when you're concentrated on something else. That album is weird. I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me (I thought the same about 808s at first as well, now I love it). For now I like Hold My Liquor, Bound 2 and Blood On The Leaves.

I've also been listening to MF DOOM (mostly Mm.. Food and a little bit of Madvillany) and he's just fun to listen to. Also, still making my way through OutKast's discography. There's too much good music.
Yeezus is the GOAT record. Seriously, it's my favorite (tied for favorite) Kanye album because of just how...different and angry and well-produced it is. It's a flawed masterpiece in my opinion, and I love that album to death. Will legitimately fight anyone who dislikes the album.

Yeezus is the GOAT record. Seriously, it's my favorite (tied for favorite) Kanye album because of just how...different and angry and well-produced it is. It's a flawed masterpiece in my opinion, and I love that album to death. Will legitimately fight anyone who dislikes the album.

Tell us some cool stories where you fought somebody.

lxrVDoq.gif

OG Kush

Finally Cole putting some aggression back into his work. Tired of this hippyness atm in hip hop, evryone being best friends and all holding hands singing kumbaya type of shit.

Jizz on your face, jizz on your face, jizz on your face
I’ll jizz in your place, I’ll jizz on your bitch, I’ll jizz on your date
Fuck is you saying? Fuck is you saying? Fuck is you saying?
FZZ and La Flame, is you not entertained?

What I agree with him

Not sure what he meant by revisionist. I thought he was maybe discussing the fact that Kanye's reputation as a great musician has been consistently changing over his career. I mean, I remember before MBDTF came out, he was considered pretty much done and probably would of faded away if it weren't for that album.

PlayDat

i'm thankfully out of the loop on the hate - is it the high-density CAC fanbase, are they jumping off Em's shit on that "i don't like hip hop, but.." type shit? cause i just love El-P & Mike and fuck with their music heavy.

I've never seen anyone outright hate on them. They've gotten a lot more popular and now they have some fans who are really into them (myself included) and a bunch of people who think they're just sort of okay. I wouldn't be surprised if a larger than usual percentage of their fanbase is white people who don't fuck with rap like that though. According to the RYM user base (which heavily skews white and male), RTJ1 is the #1 album of 2013. In retrospect that year was a little weak compared to its predecessor and successor, but off the top of my head I'd put Yeezus and Old above the first RTJ.

I know Des is a big fan of the two Billy Woods albums that year. I've been meaning to listen to that guy's music for a while. It seems like stuff that rewards conscious listening. Unfortunately, I haven't had many opportunities to listen with minimal distractions in while.

lVPugKe.png

I'd rank that as his best as well.
All my bitches come in pairs like balls in my nutsack
Nope. Nice vibe, but nope.
How about this though?
Last night my bitches came in twos, and they both suck like they came to lose

IrishNinja

Syphon pushing something towards a recycle bin should be a flag in itself that the project might be interesting

thinking back on it...kanye has a pretty trash discog

i mean, you really wanna pin all that on graduation & such, or were you just trynna JC things up with this post

I wouldn't be surprised if a larger than usual percentage of their fanbase is white people who don't fuck with rap like that though.

oh yeah, i'd not at all be surprised there. i can venture this guess on association alone - multiple marvel comics variant covers, video game awards, character skins in gears of war? the only way to appeal to more CACs is maybe do a PBS special with Ken Burns or pack your album with Arby's coupons

How about this though?
Last night my bitches came in twos, and they both suck like they came to lose
But, see that's clever, that's a double entendre on the word suck.

Comparing two girls to your nutsack is more of an observation. It's like saying a pair of anything. Like "I was walking in the park yesterday / watched a couple of them birds fly away / couple, wait that means two, right? / Just like the balls in my jeans, sitting tight."

The line "All my bitches come in pairs like balls in my nutsack" isn't clever, it's just relying on the fact Yachty can both count and observe the amount of things in his environment.

More Life 12/10.

Drake - Talk is Cheap (feat. Aaliyah).

Syphon pushing something towards a recycle bin should be a flag in itself that the project might be interesting

i mean, you really wanna pin all that on graduation & such, or were you just trynna JC things up with this post

oh yeah, i'd not at all be surprised there. i can venture this guess on association alone - multiple marvel comics variant covers, video game awards, character skins in gears of war? the only way to appeal to more CACs is maybe do a PBS special with Ken Burns or pack your album with Arby's coupons
You keep saying this.
Are we on thecoli?

oh, he summoned her off that tattoo huh
kinda wish the tacky practice of "featuring" long-dead artists would get called out more often, it's bad enough when he samples people like X who wouldn't fuck with him anyway
iirc this is from that Aaliyah posthumous album Drake wanted to release a couple years ago where the two would duet over 40's production. Aaliyah's estate canned it, mercifully, but in light of Drake's vulturing coming to light, I'm thankful they did.

LMFAO.

Ken Burns documentaries are pretty damn good, though.

IrishNinja

iirc this is from that Aaliyah posthumous album Drake wanted to release a couple years ago where the two would duet over 40's production. Aaliyah's estate canned it, mercifully, but in light of Drake's vulturing coming to light, I'm thankful they did.

god, that thing was a mess - the minute you had timbo, missy & basically all her friends saying they were left out & shitting on it, you knew it was gonna be a disaster. so glad it didn't pan out

You keep saying this.
Are we on thecoli?

ld.png

knock gafhop for biting the coli in 2016 brehs

But, see that's clever, that's a double entendre on the word suck.

Comparing two girls to your nutsack is more of an observation. It's like saying a pair of anything. Like "I was walking in the park yesterday / watched a couple of them birds fly away / couple, wait that means two, right? / Just like the balls in my jeans, sitting tight."

The line "All my bitches come in pairs like balls in my nutsack" isn't clever, it's just relying on the fact Yachty can both count and observe the amount of things in his environment.

More Life 12/10.

Drake - Talk is Cheap (feat. Aaliyah).
the link don't work for the drake track.

god, that thing was a mess - the minute you had timbo, missy & basically all her friends saying they were left out & shitting on it, you knew it was gonna be a disaster. so glad it didn't pan out

ld.png

knock gafhop for biting the coli in 2016 brehs
It's less the biting and more the chosen content.

tlop- trash
yeezuz - trash except for black skinhead
mbdtf - mediocre if really think about it
808s - cudi trash
gradutation - pop rap trash
lr-outside of cnt tell me nuthin it's trash
cd- aight.

like nas said that like a hot album per 10 year avg

But, music isn't objective. Fuck, the only thing you can say objectively about music is that it is a series of musical notes that make a set of audible vibrations. That's it.

I had a friend who once tried to argue that musical skill is objective. Basically, if one musician is more proficient than the other, than he has more musical skills than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom