• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RHA T20's with my HTC 10 is perfect, I can't see myself every going back to cheaper non-IEM staples earbuds, I had to a month or two ago and it was hell (no more expensive than this either, no interest in being an audiophile), Shure's are good too, might go back to them next time I get a new pair.

Edit: Though I'll probably stay with the RHA's because of the bass.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
New headphones coming in Thursday too shout outs to torre and Blackthorn

ended up going with the Superlux though because of price
Nice! I've had my two pairs for around five years, still going strong. They use a standard, detachable 3.5mm cable too, so no custom cable shenanigans.

HiResDes

Plan on getting the HD-681, heard it was more bass heavy than the standard 681.

Great pair of cans for the price.
there's the 681 Evo which is newer and a bit more balanced, and then the older 681 and 681B (which might be a bit bassier) all of them have HD as a part of the model. If just want something super bassy there are definitely better models to go with even at this cheap range.

went with these

I wanted the best value because I don't have a lot of disposable income rn, when I get a job after graduation I'll try and invest in a high end pair
Those are decent but both this model and the 681 suffer from some very troublesome treble peaks so if you're sensitive to sibilance beware.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mac Miller ft. Ty Dolla $ign - Cinderella video/short film.

Travi$ Scott - Goosebumps live on Ellen with Mike Dean. whitepeopledancing.gif

odd future on jimmy fallon was the only tv performance that actually amazed me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHc3rsAZG9Y

there was a whole industry shift after this
No, there wasn't.

too bad because More Life is better than Damn
FZZ should have taken the correct stance.

TLOP > DAMN.
All facts, all by a good margin, all day.

FZZ

Banned
there's the 681 Evo which is newer and a bit more balanced, and then the older 681 and 681B (which might be a bit bassier, all of them have HD as a part of the model. If just want something super bassy they're are definitely better models to go with even at this cheap range.

Those are decent but both this model and the 681 suffer from some very troublesome treble peaks so if you're sensitive to sibilance beware.

What are your personal recommendations?

For an affordable pair?

And a high end one?

Nibel

Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne - No Frauds video. The shots at Remy hit a bit harder upon relistening, but it's kind of wack otherwise.

Still loving that beat

Goddamn @ Nicki in this vid

antonio0or5p.gif

FZZ

Banned
Just depends on what you want out of the sound signature and what genres you're going to be listening to really

Hip Hop mainly with electronic (trance, electro house, house, trap, dubstep) on the side

Put a lot of value on lows and mids

dont care about highs too much, as long as they're serviceable and there's no high pitched out of place sounds I'm good.

If I'm getting into specifics the only time I care about highs are on tracks where vocals become a part of the melody and play a big role in the production, like Thugger's tracks. For lows bass is obviously an important factor, but hearing all ambiet sounds in the background as well are a big factor for me as well.

HiResDes

Des,

How do you afford or listen to all these headphones. It's quite staggering the amount of pairs you have knowledge on.
I know you're being sarcastic lol, but I've been very fickle with headphones buying and selling pairs just out of sheer curiosity over the years I never have had more than three pair of full sized ones at a time though I have quite a bit more lower cost IEMs I've managed not to break many of them over the years even ones with supposed build quality issues.

Oh yeah and I'm irresponsible and terrible with money
Hip Hop mainly with electronic (trance, electro house, house, trap, dubstep) on the side

Put a lot of value on lows and mids

dont care about highs too much, as long as they're serviceable and there's no high pitched out of place sounds I'm good.

If I'm getting into specifics the only time I care about highs are on tracks where vocals become a part of the melody and play a big role in the production, like Thugger's tracks. For lows bass is obviously an important factor, but hearing all ambiet sounds in the background as well are a big factor for me as well.

I have similar tastes

On a strict budget I'd opt for the JVC HA-S500

If you can spare a bit more than I'd look into the Creative Aurvana Live

Higher end something like the EMU Teaks or Blue Lola, Audio Technica MSR7, and ADL H118 would be perfect in order of closest to that signature. If you're willing to go with an open headphone the Sennheiser HD6XX are a supposed ridiculous value and if they sound anything like the HD650 they're a steal at their price.

Edit: Forgot about the Sennheiser Momentum 2 those are great too

Helmholtz

Des, any full size headphone recommendations for $100-$300 CAD? For hip hop. I own HD598 and brainwavz HM5 but I find the bass pretty lacking for hip hop. I have a FiiO e10k too.
I've been considering M50s tbh, because I'm thinking they're better suited for hip hop and I could wear them outside too since they're closed.

Bacon

My headphones I have at home were based on Des' suggestion. I've had them for 2 years now and absolutely love them. They're the JVC HAS680B's with replacement earpads. Cheap and high quality

Helmholtz

Song kind of reminds me of a mellow Worth It.

Man Slime Season 3 is one of my favorite albums of all time (fuck calling albums mix tapes.)
Yeah definitely get some worth it vibes. Between this track and Safe I'm really looking forward to this next project, whatever it is. This fucking guy keeps evolving every time it's crazy. Melodic thugger is best thugger.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yah is quickly becoming one of my favorites on Damn

radars is buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzinggggggggggg

9Tm5MTn.gif

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Des, are there any earphones you'd recommend from this selection?

I like to buy from John Lewis because their replacement policy is super generous, and I destroy earphones constantly.

Hip-hop friendly bass and a wide soundstage are my priorities.

I'm also glad that people here are understanding that Hip-Hop production is intricate, and as a result headphones that just give you booming bass is not sufficient.

HiResDes

Des, any full size headphone recommendations for $100-$300 CAD? For hip hop. I own HD598 and brainwavz HM5 but I find the bass pretty lacking for hip hop. I have a FiiO e10k too.
I've been considering M50s tbh, because I'm thinking they're better suited for hip hop and I could wear them outside too since they're closed.
I'm not a fan of the original M50s but supposedly the M50x have improved on the signature never tried them.

I'd suggest the V-Moda M100 maybe they definitely have bass. ADL H118 are nice too but not as visceral with the thump, sporting more of a nice warmness to them.

HiResDes

Des, are there any earphones you'd recommend from this selection?

I like to buy from John Lewis because their replacement policy is super generous, and I destroy earphones constantly.

Hip-hop friendly bass and a wide soundstage are my priorities.
Sennheiser momentum 2.0 the wired version, oh you wanted earphones? Haven't tried the earphone version but love the sound signature of the over ear maybe check em out

FZZ

Banned
Can't listen to the Thugga track in class rn, I am gonna enjoy it if I loved everything from Jeffery?

Production is very solid and he integrates his singing/crooning well into the beat

only a couple of memorable lines though

I feel like the middle of the song is weaker than the beginning and ending

still a good track regardless

i use bang and olufsen h8 headphones because i am a jackass

didn't like the playboi carti album. it's empty nothingness. magnolia was a disappointment. the movie is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom