• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MVP Tournament VII: Advent Children

do be do be dooooooooooooooo

you know the drill fellas -

Name: GAF VII
PW: ALEXD

-------

Past Champs!!!!

1. DMczaf - Seattle Mariners (defeated FMT (Dodgers) in the championship game 6-4)
2. Ramirez - Cleveland Indians (defeated Fifty (Bluejays) in the championship game 2-1)
3. Matrix - Houston Astros (defeated DMczaf (Marines) in the championship game 5-3)
4. Ramirez - Cleveland Indians (defeated CK (yankees) in the championship game 4-0)
5. Ramirez - Cleveland Indians (defeated Matrix (Astros) in the championship game)
6. FMT Vs. Ramirez - TBD

VALIS

I've signed up. PistolPete9999, using the Mets. My first time on XBL in a lonnnng time, so I'll get re-acquainted with it this afternoon.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll sign up later tonight.

Ramirez

I won't have my Xbox til tomorrow,so I might have to sit this one out if the deadline is anytime soon =\

But we'll get our other game in soon.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Signed up...

4/8

Ughhh event begins in 7 hours.

VALIS

FMT, what time is good for you? I'm free almost all day except between 11p-midnight (EDT) so you pick the time.

Matrix

Say what?

Btw anyone know who I'm playing? I'm too lazy to check right now :p

gg dude, sorry about my mic my cat chewed it up a couple days ago. i need to buy a new one tonight (need to renew my xbl anyways)

damn we both left a lot of guys on base... only you managed to actually get a couple home :(

p.s. you play CK matrix

VALIS

Yep, great game. A well played pitchers duel. I was getting nervous in the top of the 9th. (2-0 final, if anyone was curious.)

VALIS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the play that hurt the most was that blooper i didn't think you would catch and you ended up getting a DP on me

Heh. Right after that play I was thinking, "He may not have his mic on, but I can almost hear him screaming right now." :lol Same thing happened to me yesterday. Took a chance on the other guy not catching a blooper, got burned.

Matrix

thx fmt.

Ck,when do you want to face Roy-O?

Matrix

CK,you around to play now? My aim isnt working :\

Matrix

My EA messenger thankfully has been working *knocks on wood* I'm going on.

Matrix

Knocked out on a Jeter 311 ft crawford box hr :( GG ck.

He shutdown my sad as hell O,2-0.First time I never used bags except for a pinch hit,damn he was missed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
For once I had some good base running, but it was all about Carl Pavano! 2-3, run scored, CG 3 hit shutout!

Still though, my typical offense in this game, 10 hits and only 2 runs. I can never bring my dudes around. I had first and second with no outs in the first inning, Roy O. gets a timely double play and a strikeout to end the inning. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I was away the past few nights, my bad. Does anyone know who I would have played? We can play outside the tournament.

Ramirez

FMT sent me a PM admitting defeat and forfeiting! *shock and awe* :lol

But seriously,I got my Xbox back,so we can play Friday :)

VALIS

Sorry Wellington, we keep missing each other. Are you on tonight? If not just let me know when, I have a lot of free time since I'm not working currently.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn that freakin lag causing Jeets to get into a rundown and the fat pitch that ended up being a homer.

Though :lol @ me accidently pushing the argue call button at the end of the game.

GG.

VALIS

Yep, good game dude. Is your mic broken, too, or am I not doing something right with the voice chat?

Another 2-0 shutout for Pedro. And the rookie is one win away from the GAF trophy! :D

VALIS

I thought you were going to break it open that one inning. I think you got three consecutive hits to load the bases with 2 outs, then I got someone (Giambi? Matsui?) to ground out to 2nd.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
VALIS said:
I thought you were going to break it open that one inning. I think you got three consecutive hits to load the bases with 2 outs, then I got someone (Giambi? Matsui?) to ground out to 2nd.

Sigh, Tony WoWACK. Our lag was horrendous though, I hope you aren't also based in NY. :lol

Top Bottom