• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Thread of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrylic7

Does anyone here have extensive knowledge of color calibration on monitors?

Just purchased Dells so called "award winning U2415" monitor and next to my HP Pavilion 25xw (which has perfect whites and blacks) this thing is giving me a slight tint of red or yellow just like my old cintiq 21ux.
This very annoying. When editing photos or drawing I can clearly see the difference with multiple windows open. The real reason I purchased this was for the swivlel function and its so called (perfect colors).

Any recommendations on how to fix this? Iv fooled around with the monitors settings and NVIDIA control panel attempting to eyeball and mimic my HP monitor. But the whites and blacks are always noticeably worse than my HP 25xw.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Does anyone here have extensive knowledge of color calibration on monitors?

Just purchased Dells so called "award winning U2415" monitor and next to my HP Pavilion 25xw (which has perfect whites and blacks) this thing is giving me a slight tint of red or yellow just like my old cintiq 21ux.
This very annoying. When editing photos or drawing I can clearly see the difference with multiple windows open. The real reason I purchased this was for the swivlel function and its so called (perfect colors).

Any recommendations on how to fix this? Iv fooled around with the monitors settings and NVIDIA control panel attempting to eyeball and mimic my HP monitor. But the whites and blacks are always noticeably worse than my HP 25xw.
yes i do as do others.

did you calibrate either monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom