• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF VOTES: The 1000-track game music battle of all eternity. (actual voting itt)

Cosmozone

Death_Born said:
Yeah, Ragnarok Online has some INSANELY good music.

In fact, this remix album is so friggin' good, you have to download all the songs.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. That Can't Go Home Again Baby song was interesting, it began somewhat ok, but got constantly better towards the end.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Cosmozone said:
Oh, really? I thought it was better than most rounds, in a general sense. Not as much crap as usual and most music at least has some personality and ideas in it. So in fact, I decided to do a full vote of 20 for the first time, although the top spots haven't amazed me as much as some of the previous sets.

Couple of surprises this time around, some greater as Ragnarök Online, that was only known to me by annoying TV ads so far, some smaller like Ranger X for some decent older stuff. Sakura Wars has touched a soft spot, I like this kind of music. :) Otherwise I probably wouldn't have voted it so high. Already knew about the cool Segata video, but that's not from a game? Whatever, it's cool. After playing Pokemon Colosseum I had some vague hopes for the other games in the series, but almost all of it was boring. Same for Resident Evil, but I somewhat knew that. I played RE4 and REmake, neither had anything worthwhile.

Here's my vote:
1. Ragnarok Online - Can't go Home Again Baby
2. Professor Layton - Layton's Theme
3. R-Type (Amiga) - Intro
4. Segata Sanshiro Shinkenyugi - Sega Saturn, Shiro!
5. Roommania #203 - My Mashu
6. Sakura Wars - Geki! Teikokukagekidan (Opening Theme)
7. Ridge Racer Type 4 - One More Win
8. Ratchet and Clank 3 - Courtney Gears Video
9. Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire - Sootopolis City
10. Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear - Theme
11. Ranger-X - Stage 3
12. Ranger-X - Stage 6
13. Sakura Wars 2 - The DreamContinues
14. Ridge Racer Type 4 - PearlBlueSoul
15. Ridge Racer Type 4 - Your vibe
16. Psychonauts - Agent Cruller's Sacred Hall
17. SaGa Frontier 2 - Mißgestalt
18. Resident Evil 3 - Free From Fear
19. Road Rash - Pacific Coast
20. San Francisco RUSH 2049 - Bassy
The long version of "Sega Saturn, Shiro!" and the accompanying music video is specifically from a video game (Segata Sanshiro Shinkenyugi). I happen to own it. I figured it was a borderline nomination, but I left it in anyway.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Alright, I got a question.

I actually nominated Tetris - Type 1, but I had actually forgotten that it was a version of the Russian Folk song "Korobeiniki".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korobeiniki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E3IWzDxPQU&feature=related

Should it be removed or kept? It's remembered primarily as a game song and the pace is pretty different from the original, but then again it still didn't originate with Tetris...

I'd suggest Type B ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNyQgGSXzQ ) to replace it, but then again I don't know if that is also a mix of a Russian folk song...

Sixfortyfive

It's a distinct enough remix to count.

It also reminds me that I might have done a lackluster job at making the Pump It Up selections diverse; there are several remixes of classical songs in that set, too.

Cosmozone

I think I've only posted my list but didn't really vote for it yet. I've done it now. I hope I was not mistaken, so when there is a double vote that looks like mine, ignore the second one.

ZealousD

Get your last minute votes in people!

Also remember to vote for Pacific Coast, otherwise you're getting the spoon again!

Sixfortyfive

I'll go ahead and throw my obligatory last call for votes out there now. It'll be about 4-5 hours before I take this set down.

I've only received 24 votes for the current round so far, myself included. It's gotten to the point where such small scores separate most of the entries on the list that a single first place vote could boost the current 24th place track into the top 10. The only positive thing that I can think of regarding low turnout is that the people who are bothering to stick with it now have a lot more influence on the results than they did in the early rounds. While I plan to keep the contest going at its current pace, and I appreciate the few dozen people who are participating week after week, turnout is still a little bothersome and I'm not sure what to do about it.

At any rate, I'll probably be laying down some ground rules for late nominations soon. I plan to keep this going through all 20 initial sets and probably 2 late nomination sets, but I'm thinking I might give the thread a rest before voting starts on the finalists.

ZealousD

Maybe you could keep 2 sets open at a time but still do a new set every Monday and Friday? That'd give people twice as much time to vote on sets and rounds would still be going up and down at roughly the same pace.

That way, people who might have more time during certain days of the week could vote for both sets at once.

Either way, 24 people voting is a pretty small number, there were 41 votes last round, so I think this round is probably a bit of an anamoly, probably because there aren't any real popular game series in this set (well, save for Resident Evil and Pokemon, which aren't known for their music).

Sixfortyfive

Round 15 is up! Since the number of regular participants has dropped quite a bit, I'm going to leave each set up for a full week and let people vote on 2 rounds at a time. Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to catch up on stuff they missed.

Well, the vote is in.

1. Pokemon Red & Blue - Gym Battle
2. Ragnarok Online - Can't go Home Again Baby
3. Ridge Racer Type 4 - One More Win
4. Professor Layton - Layton's Theme
5. Pokemon Gold & Silver - Violet City
6. Ratchet and Clank 3 - Courtney Gears Video
7. Ridge Racer Type 4 - Pearl Blue Soul
8. Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire - Sootopolis City
9. Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire - Verdanturf Town
10. Ridge Racer Type 4 - Your vibe
11. SaGa Frontier 2 - Mißgestalt
12. Psychonauts - Agent Cruller's Sacred Hall
13. Rez - Fear (Area 5)
14. Pokemon Red & Blue - Vermilion City
15. Pokemon Red & Blue - Team Rocket HQ
16. Pokemon Gold & Silver - Ecruteak City/Cianwood City
17. Roommania #203 - My Mashu

ZealousD

1. Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue ~ Those Who Remain
2. Shadow of the Colossus - The Opened Way
3. Seiken Densetsu 3 - Sacrifice Part 3
4. Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant - Getsurenka
5. Pump It Up Exceed - Pump Me Amadeus
6. Pump It Up 6th (Perfect Collection) - Beethoven Virus
7. Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant - Astaroth
8. Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant - Deep in Coma ~ Battle in Japan
9. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 - Brahman
10. Secret of Mana - Fear of the Heavens
11. Sam and Max: Season One - Just You And Me (And Ted E. Bear)
12. Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power ~ Battle with the Colossus
13. Seiken Densetsu 3 - Nuclear Fusion
14. Segagaga - The Justice Ray Part 3
15. Simpsons (Arcade) - Springfield
16. Shadow of the Ninja - Stage 2
17. Shadow of the Ninja - Boss
18. Secret of Mana - Meridian Dance

The Shadow Hearts stuff is probably the biggest surprise for me this round. Never played the games and I probably won't ever will (I don't like turn-based RPGs) but those are some very original and well composed tracks. Sacrifice Part 3 is one fucking epic 16-bit tune. It will be a shame if Fear of the Heavens beats it, but I expect GAF to do just that.

Cosmozone

ZealousD said:
I bump this thread because nobody else will!
Wrong. :)

This set wasn't really all that good. Strangely ranking the songs was pretty easy to me, so my vote is large. I feel I heard that Lazy Detective Agency song earlier, but I don't know when that was. Anyway, it's the surprise of this set for me. Sam and Max lacks the originality of that song, but it's so professionally arranged, I must pay some respect (and boy, that's nice cover art). Except that horrible song with vocals, though. As for SotC, the nominations were not ideal. :( Of all tracks, my favorite (opening) was missing. :( The ending song is just a lengthened and borified version of it. But yes, this game alone upgrades the set by quite a stretch.

Here's the list:
1. Shadow of the Colossus - The Opened Way
2. Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power ~ Battle with the Colossus
3. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - The Lazy Detective Agency
4. Sam and Max: Season One - Hugh's Inner Sanctum
5. Sam and Max: Season One - Bosco's
6. Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue ~ Those Who Remain
7. Shenmue - Memories of Distant Days
8. Shadow of the Ninja - Boss
9. Pump It Up Exceed 2 - Canon D
10. Shadow of the Ninja - Stage 2
11. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 - Brahman
12. Shadow of the Beast (Turbo CD) - Plains 2
13. Shinobi 3 - Whirlwind
14. Pump It Up 4th (Season Evolution) - First Love
15. Shadow of the Beast - Intro
16. Secret of Mana - Fear of the Heavens
17. Segagaga - Segagaga March
18. Pump It Up 4th (Season Evolution) - Mr. Larpus

Peeking into the next set, I saw something similar happened to Silent Hill. I really should have paid more attention during the nomination round. I'm hereby suggesting replacing the a little monotonous song "Betrayal" with "Alone in the Town" for SH2. And only two nominations for SH3, argh. It's Silent Hill, dammit! >:-( The game series that musically kicks everything else so much in the ass it's not even funny anymore. I suggest getting at least the iconic title song "You're not here" and dropping something else (not from SH) instead. Not sure about the rules for such things, but I'd at least try.

Sixfortyfive

Escape From the City is only going on the voting list over my dead body. Terrible, awful, etc.

Live and Learn I'll probably add, but I think Open Your Heart is by far the superior Crush 40 theme.

Sixfortyfive said:
Escape From the City is only going on the voting list over my dead body. Terrible, awful, etc.

Live and Learn I'll probably add, but I think Open Your Heart is by far the superior Crush 40 theme.

*clenches fist*

All right, I'll play your game. At least replace Cosmic Wall with METAL HARBOR because it's way better.

Sixfortyfive

Death_Born said:
METAL HARBOR because it's way better.
Also disagreed, but at least this one is not offensive to the ears. I'll thumb over the nominations thread again and if none of the existing tracks on the list had broad support, I'll make a replacement or two.

I'm already bracing myself for disappointment in the Sonic set, as I expect everyone to gloss over the 8-bit tracks without giving them a fair shake.

ZealousD

I'll agree that Cosmic Wall should be replaced. I'd swap it with Pumpkin Hill! But seriously though, Live and Learn. I prefer it to Open Your Heart myself.

Also, I'd swap Sonic 3's Miniboss track with Ice Cap Zone Act 2 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQtbWifobQ ). The miniboss theme is actually one of my least favorite tracks in the game.

I'd also take out Sonic and Knuckles's Lava Reef Zone and swap it either with Sky Sanctuary ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNXBpzDp1K8 ) or Death Egg Zone ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsS-UDyNKf0 ).

And take out Versus Result out of Sonic 2. That's such a throwaway track. Here's what I'd like to have put in its place, in order of preference.
1. Sky Chase Zone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCHk_gSwKo
2. Emerald Hill Zone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaBxXCH9b8
3. Metropolis Zone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuJfhEeCe8

Heck I prefer those three to Mystic Cave Zone as well, but I'd sure as hell take Versus Result out first.

Sixfortyfive

ZealousD said:
I'll agree that Cosmic Wall should be replaced. I'd swap it with Pumpkin Hill! But seriously though, Live and Learn. I prefer it to Open Your Heart myself.
I'll probably do this.

Also, I'd swap Sonic 3's Miniboss track with Ice Cap Zone Act 2 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQtbWifobQ ). The miniboss theme is actually one of my least favorite tracks in the game.
The miniboss theme is one of my favorites. And not only did Ice Cap fail to receive a single nomination in the previous thread, but it was unanimous among Sonic fans in the thread that Ice Cap is overrated as hell and less deserving than most other STH3 songs.

I'd also take out Sonic and Knuckles's Lava Reef Zone and swap it either with Sky Sanctuary ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNXBpzDp1K8 ) or Death Egg Zone ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsS-UDyNKf0 ).
Sky Sanctuary is pretty good. Let's go with that.

And take out Versus Result out of Sonic 2. That's such a throwaway track.
suicide1.jpg

No.

Fuck no.

Maybe.

Heck I prefer those three to Mystic Cave Zone as well
*stab*

ZealousD

Just to be clear, I like Mystic Cave Zone, so it's not a big deal if it stays.

But you're crazy on Versus Result dude. Like, me and Monty on the Run crazy. I honestly can't understand why you feel like that's one of the most deserving tracks on there.

If you like it, that's fine. But, do you really feel like Versus Result would get higher marks in a vote than Emerald Hill Zone, or any other track in my short list there for that matter?

Sixfortyfive

ZealousD said:
But you're crazy on Versus Result dude. Like, me and Monty on the Run crazy.
Well, yes, that would be why I'm swearing and posting image macros.

I'll get around to making some changes over the weekend.

Sixfortyfive

Actually, make that half an hour from now.

I'm also going to start accepting late nominations tonight. Rules will be added to the OP.

Sixfortyfive

~ ROUND 14 RESULTS ~

10) Ranger-X - Stage 3 (91)

8) Pokemon Gold & Silver - Ecruteak City/Cianwood City (94)

8) Resident Evil 4 - Staff Roll (94)

7) Roommania #203 - My Mashu (95)

5) Resident Evil 4 - The Mercenaries ~ Wesker (107)

5) Sakura Wars - Geki! Teikokukagekidan (Opening Theme) (107)

4) Rez - Fear (Area 5) (137)

3) Pokemon Red & Blue - Vermilion City (155)

2) Pokemon Red & Blue - Gym Battle (216)

1) Professor Layton - Layton's Theme (254)

Complete results for round 14 can be found here.

- Once again, all 50 songs received at least one vote.
- I think this top 10 is very well-rounded, all things considered. Some old stuff, some new. Some popular, some really obscure. No one game or series dominates it. I also didn't expect Layton to run away with the #1 spot.

Round 15 is still up and Round 16 has also been posted. Streets of Rage better have a strong showing, or it's your ass, GAF.

LATE NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN! Check the OP for the rules. Also, from this point on, I'm only going to make adjustments to the existing track list (swapping out one song from one game for another song from that same game like we've been doing often as of late) if the game in question already has 3 songs nominated. If you want to make a suggestion for a game that has only 1 or 2 songs nominated so far, do so via the late nomination round, not the remaining sets.

ZealousD

Just sent in my late nominations. I've been compiling the list since I suggested it, so I hope my choices are representative of some of the most noteworthy tracks that were left out, I was even careful to avoid songs in game series that have already had quite a list of nominations, like Zelda and Metroid.

GAF decided to shaft Rob Hubbard yet again with Road Rash, but I'm curious to know who's the person who chose it as their top pick, as it wasn't me!

Just took a listen to Versus Result. It sounds like reggae, mixed with a nice saccharine melody. I wouldn't consider it to be a throwaway song, and it kind of grows on you..but I don't think it's the best of the bunch either.

Haha, the Pumpkin Hill music! I have no objections to replacing Cosmic Wall with that, because to this day I remember that awesome rap. Don't think it has much of a chance of winning though. I still think you need to put Escape from the City up for voting, no matter what you may think about its cheesiness.:lol

ZealousD

Death_Born said:
Haha, the Pumpkin Hill music! I have no objections to replacing Cosmic Wall with that, because to this day I remember that awesome rap. Don't think it has much of a chance of winning though.

GAH! I was kidding! Cosmic Wall should be replaced by Live and Learn and nothing else.

ZealousD said:
GAH! I was kidding! Cosmic Wall should be replaced by Live and Learn and nothing else.

I thought he was already replacing Green Jungle with Live and Learn. I wouldn't have voted for Pumpkin Hill anyway, so whatever. Also, someone back me up with Escape from the City. Come on people!

Don't forget to vote for Bombardment in Set 16. It rocks.

ZealousD

Death_Born said:
I thought he was already replacing Green Jungle with Live and Learn. I wouldn't have voted for Pumpkin Hill anyway, so whatever. Also, someone back me up with Escape from the City. Come on people!

Escape from the City is not a terrible track. It's not better than White Jungle, Live and Learn, Supporting Me, or even Cosmic Wall.

Also, I really like White Jungle, so I hope it isn't replaced over Cosmic Wall. =(

ZealousD said:
Escape from the City is not a terrible track. It's not better than White Jungle, Live and Learn, Supporting Me, or even Cosmic Wall.

Also, I really like White Jungle, so I hope it isn't replaced over Cosmic Wall. =(

Not better than White Jungle? What?!?! Well, as long as Live and Learn is put in, we'll let sixfortyfive decide which one to drop. Personally, I like Cosmic Wall better than White Jungle's unintelligible lyrics and dull jungle beat.

Cosmozone

Ok results although there's a lot of crap in them. Glad Layton made it even to the top. No chance for my other top picks.

I wanted to remark that the link to the "I Want Love" song is an arrangement version (called studio mix) that's only on the SH3 soundtrack. The arrangement version is far superior than the original and the best track on the whole soundtrack if not the best SH song overall so I'd feel bad let it go but strictly by the rules, it's not valid to vote for.

Edit: Not Tomorrow 1 is also not the original. I don't have any idea where it's from, though.

Edit 2: The originals:
Silent Hill - Not Tomorrow 1
Silent Hill 3 - I Want Love

ZealousD

1. Silent Hill 3 - Breeze In Monochrome Light
2. Silent Hill - Main theme
3. Silent Hill: Origins - Blow Back
4. Silent Hill 2 - Alone in the Town
5. Streets of Rage 2 - S.O.R. Super Mix (Stage 8)
6. StarCraft - Terran 2
7. StarCraft - Terran 3
8. Streets of Rage - Fighting in the Street (Round 1)
9. Silent Hill 2 - Theme of Laura
10. Skullmonkeys - Bonus Room
11. Streets of Rage 2 - Go Straight (Stage 1)
12. StarCraft - Protoss 2
13. Starfox - Corneria
14. Starfox Assault - Star Fox Theme
15. Soul Edge - The Egde Of Soul (Openning Theme)
16. Space Channel 5 Part 2 - The Power of Love

You might guess from my results that I'm some sort of Silent Hill fanboy. Except, I'm totally not. I haven't played a single game in that series. As a matter of fact, Starcraft is my favorite game of all time, and I ranked those tracks below the Silent Hill stuff. Fucking excellent stuff.

The Streets of Rage stuff is good, but some of the tracks that people splooge over use some of the harshest notes that the Genesis sound chip had to offer. Well composed generally, but some of the sound samples scratch my ear drum a bit too hard.

ZealousD

Bump up the volume! Bump up the volume! Bump up the volume!

Post! Post!

ZealousD

I guess I'll go ahead and post what my late noms were too.

Myst III Main Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFIurMfuIPc

Duke Nukem 3d - Grabbag (Main Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-7118ocSFg

Tales of Legendia - The Birds Chirp, I Sing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckgyhCo7Lw

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - The Tower of Dawn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900nsR8w2II

Tales of Symphonia - Fighting of the Spirit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxtPCpPUCdw

Sonic Rush - Right There, Ride On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6cYs0YaQW4

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Chun Li's Stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jntmfVXmww

Mirror's Edge - Still Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERyxFfMqDk

Contra - Stage 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqFhczSljwM

Red Steel - Katana Giri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lauVlJ7ZEzQ

Cosmozone

Another vote with 20 entries. Silent Hill seemed to go somewhat downhill after 3. :-/ Haven't played any of them, though, only a little SH4. I hindsight I had also had better picks for SH1, Fear of the Dark for example. On the other hand, SH2 and SH3 suffer greatly from the 3 tracks per game rule. I'm pretty unsatisfied with the SH3 nominations so that'll be something to care for in the late nomination round. There's at least one empty slot after all, and one of the others has a problem. And just to let you know, Theme of Laura takes my overall top spot, only closely followed by Silent Hill's own I want Love Studio Mix, which is unfortunately not directly in the game. Pretty nice story egarding the later Silent Hills, too: I was buying both at the same time, having vague hopes that they could continue this awesome experience I had with the original Silent Hill. Somehow I had thought that people were somewhat disappointed with SH2, only to be greeted by that awesome music video in both games. :) Well, the games themselves couldn't hold up in the end, but the soundtracks ended up being all-time favourites of mine.

For the other games there was some hype for Streets of Rage in this thread, but overall there wasn't too much exciting material in the whole batch. The only one I found pretty nice was the S.O.R. Super Mix. However, another game, Space Station Silicon Valley, came up with something I liked better. Interestingly, that was also one of the tunes that start out ok, but got better later on. In general, the set (not counting Silent Hill) was one of the better ones. Nice variety.

1. Silent Hill 2 - Theme of Laura
2. Silent Hill 2 - Alone in the Town
3. Silent Hill 2 - Promise
4. Silent Hill - She
5. Silent Hill 3 - Breeze In Monochrome Light
6. Silent Hill - Main theme
7. Silent Hill 3 - I Want Love
8. Space Station Silicon Valley - Rat-o-Matic
9. Streets of Rage 2 - S.O.R. SuperMix (Stage 8)
10. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel
11. Soul Edge - The Egde Of Soul (Opening Theme)
12. Soukaigi - Fire Wire
13. Skies of Arcadia - Ramirez's Theme
14. Silent Hill 4 - Traversing the Portals of Reality
15. Streets of Rage 2 - Go Straight(Stage 1)
16. Space Channel 5 Part 2 - The Power of Love
17. Silent Hill - Not Tomorrow 1
18. Silhouette Mirage - Middle Eastern Zeal
19. Silhouette Mirage - Guardian Angel
20. Soldier Blade - Operation 1 (first song in the video)

Drakken

I've been busy lately, but I managed to get my votes for round 15 in in time:

1. Sam and Max: Season One - Bosco's
2. Sam and Max: Season One - Hugh's Inner Sanctum
3. Shadowgate - Main Theme
4. Segagaga - The Justice Ray Part 3
5. Shadow of the Colossus - The Opened Way
6. Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power ~ Battle with the Colossus
7. Shenmue - Shenhua Ling
8. Shenmue - Shenmue Main Theme
9. Sam and Max: Season One - Just You And Me (And Ted E. Bear)
10. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 - Brahman
11. Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue ~ Those Who Remain
12. Shenmue - Memories of Distant Days
13. Shadow of the Beast (Turbo CD) - Plains 2
14. Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant - Astaroth
15. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - The Lazy Detective Agency

I actually have the Sam & Max Season One soundtrack, so it's no surprise that two of the songs are tops on my list. I love Bosco's, it sounds like it should be a Sims shopping track. Shadowgate's music is classic. Not the best version of The Justice Ray, but it's still good. SotC has some very inspired music, of course, though I would have preferred the intro to the epilogue.

Hopefully I can find some time to think of 10 nominations to send in. How many do you have, sixfortyfive?

Sixfortyfive

I'm making adjustments to the Sonic tracklist right now. I'll probably post the next set in around 4 hours.

Sixfortyfive

I did some quick ctrl+F's on this thread and the nomination thread to get a better idea of what is wanted and have made the following changes to the Sonic tracklist in bold. Does this look alright?

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) - Green Hill Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) - Marble Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) - Star Light Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (GG) - Bridge Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (GG) - Labyrinth Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (GG) - Scrap Brain Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - Emerald Hill Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - Chemical Plant Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - Mystic Cave Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) - Green Hills Zone (You Can Do Anything)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) - Scrambled Egg Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) - Bad Ending
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (JPN) - Stardust Speedway Zone (Present)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (JPN) - Metallic Madness Zone (Present)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (USA) - Sonic Boom (Time Attack menu version)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Hydrocity Zone Act 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Ice Cap Zone Act 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Miniboss
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Final Boss

Sonic & Knuckles - Flying Battery Zone Act 1
Sonic & Knuckles - Sandopolis Zone Act 2
Sonic & Knuckles - Sky Sanctuary Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble - Sunset Park Zone Act 3
Knuckles Chaotix - Door Into Summer
Knuckles Chaotix - Evening Star
Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) - Rusty Ruin Zone Act 2
Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) - Panic Puppet Zone Act 1
Sonic R - Can You Feel the Sunshine (Instrumental)
Sonic R - Livin' in the City (Instrumental)
Sonic R - Work It Out (Instrumental)
Sonic Adventure - Open Your Heart (Main Theme)
Sonic Adventure - My Sweet Passion (Amy Rose)
Sonic Adventure - Speed Highway ~At Dawn~
Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn (Main Theme)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Metal Harbor

Sonic Adventure 2 - Supporting Me (vs Biolizard)
Sonic Rush - Ethno Circus
Sonic and the Secret Rings - High and Broken

Sonic 3 still has one too many tracks and I'll probably ditch one of the boss themes. The miniboss theme is my personal favorite but I have a feeling that wouldn't be a popular decision.

ZealousD

That looks pretty good with me. I'm not a fan of dropping White Jungle in favor of Metal Harbor but if that's what the people want then I'll live with it.

And yeah, I would favor dropping the miniboss theme before dropping the final boss theme. When in doubt, go with what the masses want I say. As much as I pimped Monty on the Run and Pacific Coast, this list should be about what GAF chooses, and individual biases should be as limited as possible.

Sixfortyfive

Actually, it looks like I'll be posting the next set in about 40 minutes. Get in your votes for round 15 while you still can.

Sixfortyfive

~ ROUND 15 RESULTS ~

10) Seiken Densetsu 3 - Nuclear Fusion (135)

9) Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant - Astaroth (144)

8) Shenmue - Shenmue Main Theme (157)

7) Shenmue - Shenhua Ling (162)

6) Shenmue - Memories of Distant Days (181)

5) Secret of Mana - Meridian Dance (214)

4) Secret of Mana - Fear of the Heavens (262)

3) Shadow of the Colossus - The Opened Way (309)

2) Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power ~ Battle with the Colossus (310)

1) Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue ~ Those Who Remain (318)

Complete results for round 15 can be found here.

- It's been a long time since I've seen a top 10 dominated by 2 or 3 games and grouped together like so. The top 3 were particularly close.
- Although Pump It Up didn't fare that well (I didn't expect it to), it scored notably better than Konami's Bemani brand did in round 2. My taste in rhythm games is vindicated.

Round 16 is still up and Round 17 has also been posted. Late nominations will remain open until the last round of voting.

I already know what 20 songs I'm voting for on round 17, but I haven't ordered them yet:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) - Green Hill Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) - Marble Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (GG) - Labyrinth Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog (GG) - Scrap Brain Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - Mystic Cave Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) - Green Hills Zone (You Can Do Anything)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) - Scrambled Egg Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) - Bad Ending
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (JPN) - Stardust Speedway Zone (Present)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (JPN) - Metallic Madness Zone (Present)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (USA) - Sonic Boom (Time Attack menu version)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Final Boss
Sonic & Knuckles - Sandopolis Zone Act 2
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble - Sunset Park Zone Act 3
Knuckles Chaotix - Door Into Summer
Sonic R - Can You Feel the Sunshine (Instrumental)
Sonic R - Livin' in the City (Instrumental)
Sonic Adventure - Open Your Heart (Main Theme)
Sonic Adventure - Speed Highway ~At Dawn~
Super Monkey Ball - Ruins (Expert Stages 41-50)

I liked some of the Suikoden and Star Soldier stuff, but not enough to knock off any of these.

ZealousD

What the hell GAF? You decided to pick a SD3 track and you chose Nuclear Fusion over Sacrifice Part 3?

You guys must have seen the beatmania and then immediately became biased against it. That's the only explanation I can come up with!

Top Bottom