• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(GAF WINS! GAF WINS!) THE REMATCH: GAF's MAGNFICENT SE7EN vs Leguna's "Dream Team"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy shit were those games long, but it was worth it

DREAM TEAM = SHIT

I don't think it's worth my time playing with these guys anymore. 70 fucking minutes on coagulation at 1-0 score, us winning and they wouldn't forfeit at all. They wanted to end the game when the score was 1-1. BULL SHIT. We got our shit together and cap'd that flag twice in the next 20 minutes or so.

2nd map, 1 flag ctf on Zanzibar. RAPED. We scored our two rounds, and we defended the flag for our first defensive round, giving us the automatic win. Although I gotta hand it to them, they almost scored on us on the first defensive round. The flag was like 5-10 meters away from their goal, and me and Fifty I think or Rameriz, I forgot who, successfully defended the flag from the Dream Team. Sudden death timer goes down...5..4..3..2..1. Hahahha. Final score: 2-1

Next map, team slayer on foundation. I don't remember much from this except we raped them, something like 100-80.

Holy shit was the first map long though. THat was fucking unnecessary. You guys should have just quit after 60 minutes of it and let us have the win, but NOO. You guys truly had to get your asses kicked. Well you got what you wanted!

The "Dream Team" could have won if they actually got their shit together on coagulation. Sorry but you're not suppose to have all 7 team members defend the flag. Unless you want to play a 2 hour game...

Willco

Hollywood Square
<Fifty> He made fun of Ramirez' accent
<Azih> POST IT ON GAF FOR PUBLIC HUMILIATION.
<Fifty> Yo Tak, the Raps won?
<Willco> Fifty... No more PLUG IN YOUR MIC COCKFAG?
<Fifty> He said "We're getting owned" a few times in game 1
<IJoel> is there a vid of this?
<Fifty> and he was explaining the differences between halo 1 and 2 to his team

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That's it.

We won three straight games. I consider myself the worst player out of this tourney, but scored the last win in the CTF game and got killed less (and got more kills than Leguna!) than most of the players in the last game.

Leguna was complaining about lag problems the entire game, and he's pissed off now. I'm about to head over to his house and assess the damage. :lol

I think he shouldn't be banned, but rather should be permanetly stuck with a tag that says "I talked shit about Halo 2 and got my ASS KICKED." or something to that effect.

But Leguna, calling the people on the opposite team names when you lose is not cool.

About the Dream Team:

They did better this time because they had Mohammad and Jon in their group. IMO if it was a 4-on-4 game of Alleyn, Mo, Vito, and Jon, you'd have MUCH closer games because those four are the guys that are actually good at Halo and PWN the rest of when we play locally. Mann and Leguna's constant arguing was probably a large factor in them losing, but hey, it's not our fault they aren't using team work. ;)

TIME TO BE CHILDISH:

GLOAT TIME!

WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON WE OWN LEGUNAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
And this means Leguna's gets banned for two weeks, right? Cause I didn't play all those fucking games for nothing... :p

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Leguna is banned for two weeks, keeps his new handle, and gains a new avatar and image tag.

Willco

Hollywood Square
<Wario64> and get this, they blame the first game on LAG
<Willco> I was thinking their game plan was to tire you guys out.
<Wario64> despite the game going on for 90 minutes
<Fifty> they didn't forfeit because they wanted to hang on to any chance of winning

hahahaha

GhaleonEB

IJoel said:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAFFERS!

gruntgafcheer.gif

Shamelessly stolen from a previous reply in this same thread.

That is the funniest photoshop ever. wow

:lol

Shouldn't ban him, I want to see him post just to see his excuses so we can all laugh at him and have an even bigger leguna-owning thread. :lol It's awesome when he posts cause he gets owned cause he makes such a damn fool of himself.

Willco

Hollywood Square
TO OUR FINE, PRESITIGOUS CLAN MATES, I WILL NOW INDUCT YOU INTO THE MYTHICAL GAMING-AGE™ HALL OF FAME...

To Wario64:

Watch.jpg

For your back-to-back tours of duty and dominating effort in the virtual battlefield, I award you this awesome watch, as so you'll always know what time it is during an elongated Capture the Flag match. (Beep! Your microwavable burritos are done!)

To LyteEdge:

g7907.jpg

&

kleenex.gif

For your detailed analysis of the enemy and high-risk covert work against the so-called "Dream Team", I bestow upon you a Class F, Security Lvl. 14 Spy Kit. Even though your skill level may not have always been the best, it mattered when it counted and it was always better than our enemy's. As a side item, please take this care package of Kleenex to your dear friend and our defeated enemy, Leguna.

To Ramirez:

lazyboy.jpg

For your consecutive tours of duty and valiant record in the service, I award you your very own La-Z-Boy Chair, so your back doesn't cramp up from all the senseless raping of your opponents. (Cupholder included!)

To NutterButter:

10eyeblackdetail.jpg

Your memorable service to our clan has not gone without notice and you shall be equally as awarded, with your very own boot with a steel-inforced toe, so your toes won't hurt so much after you done kickin' the other team's ass.

To Fifty:

garnett_200_020210.jpg

Don't think your service has gone unnoticed. You've climbed the ranks quickly as one of our clan's most dependable service men and your dominating effort today proved this. As so, I've gotten you what you've always wanted, a basketball player with talent. You can thank the Raptors for me. (Enjoy!)

To Cubsfan:

comp-condoms.jpg

Your noble and commendable action today came a time when we needed you the most, and as a reserve you helped our troops prepare for battle. But what to give the man who has everything, according to his very own dating tips? Condoms! ... The only thing you could use the most, as you're probably the only man on the forum who needs them.

manngc

Well, that first game was our best chance to win. And regrettfully we lost... :(

A LOT had to do with some really shitty lag on one of the xboxs. I ran to the other room to see, and I see Victorjc running behind a blue guy with a shotgun and shoots him twice...then the blue guy disappears and reappears 10 yards away to the right. Sucked.

And the second game should have been a damn draw...we tried to eliviate the lag by putting all 4 people on the same xbox for the 2nd game, but that didn't work too well. And we all had super cluttered screens then...blindness occurred. :(

Third game wasn't too good. No really difference with the first.

Mann

Willco

Hollywood Square
To Matlock:

mirror%20k.jpg

I completely forgot about Matlock's contribution to our event. His account was also on the line and if it wasn't for his support, who knows if our clan would've come through. So here's a mirror because I know it's hard to make all of us look good. :p

manngc

Regardless of what you think the bars were saying throughout the games...what I observed in the other room is irrefutable. Weather it was throughout the game or not is not in question, it happened and I'm sure it greatly affected 2 people's performance.

And on the second game we had 4 people on an x-box...therefore, it was hard as shit to see anything when the firing started (Why can't you eliminate the text that shows up is beyond me!).

Also, we had a grand two of 2 connections for the 6 people. Not quite the 6 connections for 6 people that that other team had...

Now I'm not saying that we are even on the same level as the MAG 6, but it should have been closer (and as it was it was pretty damn close!).

Wario,
We only had 6 people defending....not 7. ;)

Also, how can leguna even log in now? What name is he supposed to use? Can someone PM with that info. I'd be appreciated. And when is it going to be changed back. Hopefully soon.

manngc

"How can leguna log in?" was the question. As in what screen name and password. They have obivously changed a lot so that info is needed. Please PM when available.

Ramirez

As far as Im concerned it wasn't close at all.You guys play in an extremely lame way...the CTF game consisted of all of your guys except one staying back at the base while one idiot tries to fly in and singlehandedly steal the flag.Or better yet just hide in the bottom of the base or better yet just stay right where the flag is supposed to be :lol

1 Flag was close I guess,but that mode takes the least skill of all of them,IMO...

And the Slayer match took the cake,you take 12 people and stick them on Foundation,wtf?I said Headlong,but apparently Leguna was crying to much or something.So what do you all do there?One person mans the turret while the rest of the team sits behind the turret and watches :lol

We would consistently run into groups of y'all and pwn at least 1 or 2 of you guys before you could take out a single person with 3-4 of you all around :p

Dream Team,bah!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Actually I think one of us suggested Foundation, so that's why it was switched

Ramirez said:
So what do you all do there?One person mans the turret while the rest of the team sits behind the turret and watches :lol

:lol

I gotta admit, that turret kinda fucked us up, and even gave them the lead. I remember hearing someone on the dream team saying something like, "Wow we're in the lead!" :lol

Wtf did you guys try to cram 6 people through 2 pipes? :lol

I think you did it on purpose just so you guys could have an excuse! You can't blame the lag on anybody but yourselves.

Willco

Hollywood Square
manngc said:
"How can leguna log in?" was the question. As in what screen name and password. They have obivously changed a lot so that info is needed. Please PM when available.

He is banned. He can't log in. He can login in fourteen days under I Suck at Halo and whatever his password is.

NEXT ISSUE...

Halo 2 Interforum Challenge -- Who Shall We Battle Next? #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, guys.

We're victorious from back-to-back thrashings of Leguna's "Dream Team". Historic as those matches were, or pathetic as Wario might say, I think we have a good roster of six to eight people that could challenge anybody. Taking a recommendation of Hitokage, I say we spread out and officially challenge other forums/companies, but not in an obnoxious Leguna-type way.

My recommendation? Penny-Arcade, care of Gabe. Some on #ga said Something-Awful, but I think the goons would not only kick our asses given the gigantic pool of players they can pick from, but find out where we live in real-life and rape us in the middle of the night.

Tell me what forums/people you'd like to challenge and I'll e-mail them, in the kind and professional manner only I can (or have my lawyers do it ala m0rphix vs Jeremy Conrad). And of course, I'll post them here before I send them.

So, who shall we challenge next? I'd also like input from our senior clan members and forum members (I don't think it needs to be necessarily clan exclusive if we issue a forum-wide challenge).

shakezula

This topic is hilarious.. now the Dream Team is finally kicked to the curb I hope more teams can be found to challenge GA's finest..

With the interforum challenges how about the loser has to close down their forums for a week. :lol (just kidding..)

Heh, did the Dream Team even win ONE GAME out of the combined OH LORD IT'S ON featuring Mike Works and Mike Works Guest, the impromptu VEHICLE FLAG DRIVING and tonight's WEDNESDAY NIGHT LAGFEST matches??

Ramirez

Heh, did the Dream Team even win ONE GAME out of the combined OH LORD IT'S ON featuring Mike Works and Mike Works Guest, the impromptu VEHICLE FLAG DRIVING and tonight's WEDNESDAY NIGHT LAGFEST matches??

Why hell no :lol

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alright guys, should I PRESS SEND?

Dear Gabe aka Mike Krahulik,

I am e-mailing you on the behalf of the Gaming-Age™ Forum, a little corner of the Internet inhabited by decent common folk working hard to earn a living and enjoy the pasttime of videogames. I'm not sure if you've heard of it, but we've heard of you and we read your comic strips constantly. Civilized discussions follow.

Recently, we accepted a challenge from an obnoxious outsider who posts under the alias Leguna and a sanctioned match ensued. Our best six against his so-called "Dream Team". The forum clan thrashed his team completely. Destroyed them without mercy. There was much defacation and/or humiliation. If you have some spare time and are in dire need of some instant humor, I suggest you view the gigantic thread on both the initial challenge and the equally hilarious rematch:

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=24507
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=24509

Our bellies full of pride after a delicious feast of victory, we've decided to move past our little forum and stretch our land legs. Quite simply, we desire a new challenge. A truly challenging challenge. My suggestion? To formally request a sanctioned match against our Internet brethren, and as one of our most recognizable icons (and I'm pretty sure you play videogames as well), you'd represent one of our most daunting matches yet!

So it is with great pleasure, that as an official representative of the Gaming-Age™ Halo 2 clan, that I formally invite you to a sanctioned match pitting your best six Halo 2 contestants against our best six at a time of your earliest possible convenience. In a best three of four format, which will alternate gameplay modes, maps and settings depending on an outline of conditions that is to be drawn up by both parties following an official confirmation, the contest will simply put our best against your best (whether it be forum cronies, friends and/or family).

To the victor goes an overwhelming pride that they beat the best that the fellow opponent had to offer and to the loser goes neverending shame that only seppuku can erase.

Eagerly awaiting your response,
Will Federman, Gaming-Age's Don King.

NichM

Banned
Two things:

1) I don't think "defacation" is a word, or at least not one that means what you're trying to say. :)

2) More seriously, you can't have a "best three of four" -- it's possible for both teams to win two games. Propose a best three of five instead.

Best of luck vs. PA if it happens!

Willco

Hollywood Square
NichM said:
Two things:

1) I don't think "defacation" is a word, or at least not one that means what you're trying to say. :)

2) More seriously, you can't have a "best three of four" -- it's possible for both teams to win two games. Propose a best three of five instead.

Best of luck vs. PA if it happens!

I meant defecation. Sorry, it's 1:28 AM and I'm typo prone.

Good call on item two. Changed. Alright, I'm sending it, even if I have to fight Gabe myself.

Sai

quadriplegicjon said:
where are the latency bars? ive never noticed them before.
Those bars to the right of the character's GamerTag when you press "Back" in the middle of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom