• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
So disappointed in that video.

Venus was an extreme boner killer.

She didn't do justice to the castle.

It was almost more incoherent than Applause with all those jumbled scenes, the only parts that made sense were the beginning and end. Absolutely dire editing.

I'm not sure if I have any hope left for Gaga. She has no idea how to make a coherent body of work. This video perfectly sums up the ARTPOP era in a whole.

cory64

So disappointed in that video.

Venus was an extreme boner killer.

She didn't do justice to the castle.

It was almost more incoherent than Applause with all those jumbled scenes, the only parts that made sense were the beginning and end. Absolutely dire editing.

I'm not sure if I have any hope left for Gaga. She has no idea how to make a coherent body of work. This video perfectly sums up the ARTPOP era in a whole.

I agree 100%

ic7rF6EYKaxqg.gif

royalan

I'm watching the video now.

I'm at the halfway mark.

I just wanted to pause and post this:

Gaga needs to never direct another music video again.

There are so many quick cutaways that it's literally giving me a headache.

That's it.

Back to the vid.

Nemesis_

I don't understand why she's directing again, I can't find the link right now but she herself acknowledged that she was not the best director and then she goes and does this :|

This would've been a good video for Akerlund or even Lawrence to work on but she insisted.

That's probably my only real complaint about her that's stuck since BTW. And it showed when Inez and Vidnoodh directed Applause. The editing and direction was just a step above Judas, EOG and Y&I

3phemeral

I think gaga is so desperately trying to say "I did all of this. It all comes from me" without realizing that sometimes, she needs to collaborate and learn from veteran professionals who can make sense of it because that's what they're good at. There's nothing wrong with going "Here's my idea, not can you translate this into something that works?"

Honestly, after her expressing her displeasure with being upset over not having enough time to properly do DWUW, this effort comes off as no better. Except maybe a hell of a lot of shine and polish. But hey, if she's happy with it and it's her vision, I suppose that's what counts. I'm just not feeling it, unfortunately.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The biggest crime is getting such a busted MJ lookalike

royalan

Overall: that was a mess.

A really expensive mess.

Just as I told you all it would be.

The Good

+ Gaga looked flawless in every shot once we got to G.U.Y. High fashion with a touch of whimsy, just like her debut era. It's easy to forget, but Gaga can look really flawless when she bathes in something other than someone else's gastrointestinal fluids.

+ The choreo, from what I could make out of it, was some of her best in years.

The Ratchet

- Gaga, stop directing. Stop producing. Just stop. You're horrible. There was no cohesion to anything. The shots were a jumbled mess. The cutaways were so quick and random that it was headache inducing. You hear that, Gaga? You made a video that's literally painful to watch.

- Why shoot at such a grand castle if you're not going to utilize it? I was expecting opulence. I was expecting wide, sweeping shots of that beautiful space. Instead everything was so tight she might as well have been on a studio lot.

- Did Bravo fund this video? That has to be it.

Sorry, Gaga. The video is a fail. It won't do shit for the song. It'll do even less for the album. The only speckle of interest this video generates is thanks to the obscene budget she had to film it. Gaga, nobody gives a fuck about your artistic perspective and/or social commentary and, really, nobody ever did. People liked you because you were fierce as fuck and had catchy songs, and now you can't even do that right. You receive 0 points. Please return to the workroom, collect your wigs, give Laganja her hat back, and GTFO.

cory64

NBC owns Bravo, so that could be true.

Let me just stan Beyoncé full time now.

I dont think I have ever felt as dissapointed in Gaga as I do now.

OperationBeyoncé

Not too much, you wouldn't want people to think you're acting cute just because you know something about Part II that we don't.

I was hoping the G.U.Y. video would be amazing. :( There were some things that were good, but the whole thing was a poorly edited mess. The Housewives were AWFUL and couldn't lip synch well for the life of them. Andy up in the clouds was sooooo cheesy it was horrible. The choreography... ugh... ever since she ditched Laurieann Gibson, I haven't liked her dance moves at all. The pluses were the ARTPOP fallen angel scene. It was brilliant and gave me goosebumps. Plus, Gaga looked amazing. Other than that, I didn't like the video. I think it's time for me to officially throw in the towel. I gave up on her during vomit-gate, but I wanted to give her another chance, but she blew it for me with this one. I guess Kesha Rose will have to replace her.

Partition

Banned
NBC owns Bravo, so that could be true.

Not too much, you wouldn't want people to think you're acting cute just because you know something about Part II that we don't.

I don't know anything about Part II. I received word that the iTunes deal very well could be her, and that is all I know.

My best guess is that it will be released in June or July, whatever that ARTPOP App date was counting down to.

B-Dex

The housewives rocking out like WGWGs while looking like Bridesmaids.

LEGO

Minecraft

The indoor pool scenes.

The choreo.

This bitch.

I loved it.

This Titanic-sized stan evacuation.
And, it's warranted! Gaga had MONTHS to plan this video, since last year, and this is all she can come up with? Creative Rebellion? Ha, more like Creatively Bankrupt. Azealia Banks bailed out on ARTPOP before anyone else did, and now I'm seeing that she was right to do so. It's getting obvious to me that Gaga needs a good team around her to be amazing. I'm pressed. I'm such a big stan of Gaga, and I want her to slay me endlessly like she used to, but I can't take this shit anymore. I feel nothing after watching the G.U.Y. video. I had so much hype earlier today and yesterday, but that has been smashed by a big wrecking ball of a mess. I don't want to even watch that long, poorly edited video again, and I don't even want to listen to ARTPOP anymore. I'm done. I'm getting off of this Gaga train, because it's just going to be the same mess over and over again. Call me when she makes nice with Laurieann Gibson and RedOne, or she actually seems like she gives a damn, or drops DJWS, or does something other than what she has been doing lately. Until then, I'm no longer a stan.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It was a mess but it wasn't irredeemably awful. Gaga needs to stop directing though...she has zero aptitude for it.

The imagery at the beginning was a bit heavy handed (self-serving too but eh). Tho bless the video for reiterating that ARTPOP is the best song on the alberm.

There was a bit too much going on and some of it was ridiculously stupid (the Minecraft stuff was beyond irrelevant; the cloning stuff was baffling), but there was a core of a solid video in there.

I did think that the images were weirdly disconnected from the music though. The mix felt weird.

that kid that gets thrown into the fire by that perra-looking child

d.

klddjdkljgdjdfjlajflasjkdljasldjlajdljall

d

And, it's warranted! Gaga had MONTHS to plan this video, since last year, and this is all she can come up with? Creative Rebellion? Ha, more like Creatively Bankrupt. Azealia Banks bailed out on ARTPOP before anyone else did, and now I'm seeing that she was right to do so. It's getting obvious to me that Gaga needs a good team around her to be amazing. I'm pressed. I'm such a big stan of Gaga, and I want her to slay me endlessly like she used to, but I can't take this shit anymore. I feel nothing after watching the G.U.Y. video. I had so much hype earlier today and yesterday, but that has been smashed by a big wrecking ball of a mess. I don't want to even watch that long, poorly edited video again, and I don't even want to listen to ARTPOP anymore. I'm done. I'm getting off of this Gaga train, because it's just going to be the same mess over and over again. Call me when she makes nice with Laurieann Gibson and RedOne, or she actually seems like she gives a damn, or drops DJWS, or does something other than what she has been doing lately. Until then, I'm no longer a stan.

Niece, I feel you. And I largely agree with all of your points.

I feel bad for you young gays. Back in the day, you could count on Madonna to slay. Like... there was never a doubt. I can't imagine being a young gay without a flawless queen to look up to. Tell me what it's like.

iROcOZu4boHsM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom