• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Definitely a lot of confidence in 4. And it was deserved: coming off of B'day and Single Ladies. Reminds me of Sony's transition from the PS2 to PS3.
Hmm, that's not quite what I had in mind
40 minutes left

Co6Qtdu.gif

Bye @ this straight-up looking like her best MV since TFM

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm perched. Let's hope the intro for how she fell to Earth is as beautifully camp-tastic as the intro to Born This Way.

I'm expecting the men in suits to drag her down from the heavens and clip her wings

3phemeral

I'm expecting the men in suits to drag her down from the heavens and clip her wings

I wouldn't be surprised with how she's been going on about the behind-the-scenes stuff lately.

Where can I watch this premier again? Vevo? Last premier I couldn't even get the site to load.

NVM: Found the link.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Two minute video on nbc then she'll upload it to Vevo

cory64

I liked the actual GUY part of it. ARTPOP/Venus just make it seem messier than it needed to be.

VENUS deserved much, much, better.

Holy shit

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK HOUSEWIVES

EDIT: Okay, so this video is pretty much flawless except for the Housewives and Minecraft inclusions. Too many messy inclusions but I love the whole "executives left me out to die, let's get them back" storyline. Also she looked amazing in some of those shots.

Great send off to PART 1. Bring on PART 2.

Nemesis_

I liked the actual GUY part of it. ARTPOP/Venus just make it seem messier than it needed to be.

VENUS deserved much, much, better.

Yeah I don't really understand why she did it this way. It makes me wonder if this is truly a send-off of sorts for the first album and now she's paved the way for Act II *.*

I don't mind the ARTPOP part though. That seemed fine IMO, the imagery was interesting and the rearrangement of the song was fine. I think she could easily chop the Venus part or reincorporate parts of it and it would still flow fine.

Trigger

That was shit. Her opening with more interesting tracks like Venus and ARTPOP in the background just made me wish she gave them proper videos. If the video was some kind of parody then it didn't translate well at all.

image.php

!!!!!!!!!!!! i know where this is from now, slay

i'm in the middle of it now

Yaaasss sis. It's a pretty short game, but very solid. Kyoko >>>> other girls

3phemeral

If I didn't know they were the Housewives, I probably would have been like "okay, that's a little odd, but whatever." I wouldn't have recognized them anyway, but now that I know about it, I'm left wondering, "what the heck was the point?" Immediate takeaway from this is that BTW, Telephone, YAI, and Bad Romance remain my favorite MVs of hers. I don't know where this ranks. I'll have to watch it again.

The intro showed promise, but then it it just felt like the other songs were rushed into it - and the story - as more like "hey, these other songs are on ARTPOP too!"

On first watch, prretty much went:

1) Promising concept -> 2) rush to next song/sequence X 2 -> 3) Hey, I can still be hot and look youthful X 3 -> 4) conclusion to story -> 5) end credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom