• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

KarmaCow

Egoraptor needs to learn him some damn Theory of Relatively. The fuck is he talking about time is not a spacial dimension. Time is Space! That's why it's called spacetime!

He didn't say that time isn't a 4th dimension, just that it's not a spatial dimension, and he's right. We don't describe an object 'size' with time, though an object's apparent size can be altered due to relativistic effects.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm late catching up with these episodes, but oh my god.

Oh my god.

I love Game Grumps because even though the episodes themselves might turn out meh, something great can almost always come out of it.

chiablo

So was all of this content recorded in one evening and it's just trickling onto their Youtube channel, or are they actively playing these games every night?

Cade

Not sure if this has been posted, but it got a chuckle out of me.

Why I love Game Grumps

And some .gifs of the above!
gamegrumpgifbnds6.gif

egogif7dcdl.gif

jongif0rf0y.gif
(my favorite!)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
For some reason I'm finding this more enjoyable when they're doing a game I'm actually familiar with.

Myriadis

Just watching the secret of mana video, I just got confused. There was a game for the SNES that played like SoM and started with a young boy and a dog visiting a professor who finished his time machine or something. I thought that one was secret of Mana. Or am I completely mixing up the games now? Haven't played such stuff for ages.

Edit: Now I know, Secret of Evermore.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just watching the secret of mana video, I just got confused. There was a game for the SNES that played like SoM and started with a young boy and a dog visiting a professor who finished his time machine or something. I thought that one was secret of Mana. Or am I completely mixing up the games now? Haven't played such stuff for ages.

That's Secret of Evermore, it was based on the same engine and developed by Square USA.

Edit: Didn't notice your edit :(

Myriadis

That's Secret of Evermore, it was based on the same engine and developed by Square USA.

Edit: Didn't notice your edit :(

Yeah, I just suddenly remembered it after trying to remember it for the last 15 minutes. I remember being kinda disappointed by it. To me, SoE felt so stale compared to games like Secret of Mana.

chiablo

soe-art1.jpg

Secret of Evermore is to Secret of Mana, as Chrono Trigger is to Chrono Cross.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Not sure I can watch their RPG eps (Pokemon or Mana) because JonTron's attention span is fucking horrifying. He seems to be really bad at games. I mean obviously theres an element of distraction due to "entertaining" but good lord.

mdtauk

Not sure I can watch their RPG eps (Pokemon or Mana) because JonTron's attention span is fucking horrifying. He seems to be really bad at games. I mean obviously theres an element of distraction due to "entertaining" but good lord.

The honest truth is these are less "Let's Play" and more "Let's Chat"

XeroSauce

Aww yea May fanart.

Also I don't see the Secret of Mana series going as well because Jon is like Brad from Giantbomb, he can't play and talk at the same time.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Having watched the occasional JonTron game review, he is kinda that type of reviewer who just isn't that good at games and throws the blame the games way. Could make for more comical bust ups, but sometimes watching him play anything tickles that backseat "GO INTO THE FUCKING HOUSES OR YOURE GONNA HAVE TO BACKTRACK THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR HM'S" gamer itch.

N4Us

I dunno man, Ego's not doing so hot in Mana either.

"I'm gonna own this guy, watch" *dies ten times to first boss*

bananas

Banned
"Why did they call him Martin Luther King, Jr?"

"..."

"Couldn't they... I'm not gonna go down this road."

"Wait. I gotta know. Why? Why? Why to the thing you said?"

"What do you mean? Why they call him..?"

"No, why would you say that?"

Top Bottom