• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Battlefield 3 - New Thread of Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanty

Hopefully defibs aren't in the game at all. Being able to revive dead players isn't a feature in any good FPS.

XPE

4 classes

No enough look at bc2 the class are over powered, support need to come back carrying the LMG and ammo packs, this will cut down on the medic wave and 30mm spammers.

CryptiK said:
Hello Battlefield Bad Company 3

Focus on Single Player >.>
No Mod Tools double >.>
and Character Customisation

just give us BF3 MP Only with mod tools for christ sake.
CryptiK said:
yeah this isnt BF3 :( it cant even be competitive sigh...
bf5a44m14.gif

vanty said:
Hopefully defibs aren't in the game at all. Being able to revive dead players isn't a feature in any good FPS.
You have to be kidding. The greatest FPS of all time
Enemy Territory
is laughing at you.

Still no word on if commanders are in? That's the only thing left I haven't heard about that would disappoint me. It's not a BF game without commanders.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Things are getting a bit too loose here. Posting scans and then just editing your post later won't fly.

Don't post scans or ask for PMs of scans. You're going to get banned, and besides that it's very disrespectful (and damaging) to all of our members who are part of the enthusiast press.

RainbowByte

Neo Member
Slayer-33 said:
spam the shit out of the ea bf 3 forums get those sobs to implement a targeted/focused MLAA solution for BF 3, shit is going to be CRAZY.

They need to work around hud issues with it or w/e to not make anything look bad if MLAA fucks with UI elements, give us a hud toggle option. Real life doesn't have a HUD fuck make us count our bullets!

omg I can't fucking wait man!

PC version will most likely ship with 2 or 3 different AA options to support a wide range of PC specs+visual quality refinitements.

MSAA
experimental SRAA
MLAA

raphier

Banned
Okay, now I've seen the pages in full glory, all I can say is wow, lighting is awesome!

However fucking Health regeneration, what's this? A console game?

Looks totally, as GI says, Call Of Duty contender. There is no question about it. Will wait for gameplay.

Raide

CozMick said:
Seriously, In my opinion half the fucking disc is wasted by single player shite :mad:

There will be some people that want BF3 and will never play online. They need some SP content. It might actually be good!

I hope that MAGNUM AMMO is removed, f that s it's the most annoying thing about bad company 2 for me, 90% of people use it and it feels cheap, like stopping power in MW2 :( makes things hard for a low level to keep up.

1-D_FTW

MrTroubleMaker said:
If you have a compelling MP experience, which BF does, you don't need this "carrot on the stick" mentality to keep you playing.

Wait till you actually read the article. I felt as you did. Then my heart sank when I read the GI interviewer. Good god. It made me want to punch some bunnies.

Kentpaul said:
people are ok with killing people in games but get upset when people swear in games...

Battlefield went 7 whole games and 5 expansions without getting all M-rated and sweary. But noooo they had to do it because COD did it and everyone is copying COD.

The Good
64 players.
There is a commander.
Improved destruction, graphics, animation, sound.
Possible Battlerecorder.
PC is supposedly the lead.
Prone.

The What?
Spotting, how will it work?
Squads? Size? Squad leader? Spawning? Orders?
Classes?
Commander mode? BF2-ish abilities? Assets on the map?
Tracers, soldier-dragging, gun-mounting. How will this impact the flow of things?
"More immediate post release content". Don't know if I like the sound of that.
Unlocks. Don't lock away class-vital gear thanks.

The Why?
Singleplayer where serious people run around yelling "Fuck!".

The Fuck...?
No mod tools?

The I Hope There's
Mod tools.
Balanced jets.
Licensed tutorial practice training to make people understand how things work and how you're supposed to play the game. And not the worthless "Press Space to jump" nonsense they did in BF1943. They did let you fly planes by yourself in that game though, that's the type of thing they should expand on.
BrokenEchelon said:
I just hope that EA doesn't expand their practice of 10,000 $5 DLC packs for weapons and other garbage to this on PC.

Silly me for hoping that the inevitable doesn't happen, right?
Pre-order bullshit, online passes, DLCheats, withheld content and unlock keys are things you're gonna have to expect to grudgingly accept if you're purchasing an EA game.

BF3 is the only game I'd be willing to put up with it for. I sincerely hope the Limited Edition will be it, but yeah, who am I kidding...
Raide said:
There will be some people that want BF3 and will never play online. They need some SP content. It might actually be good!
I'm sure those people could've satiated their need for a military FPS sergeant master campaign elsewhere.

If it's good then that's good, though mod tools would still be of significantly more value to those who DICE claim they're catering to. But more immediate DLC and singleplayer seems to be a priority.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Slayer-33 said:
spam the shit out of the ea bf 3 forums get those sobs to implement a targeted/focused MLAA solution for BF 3, shit is going to be CRAZY.

They need to work around hud issues with it or w/e to not make anything look bad if MLAA fucks with UI elements, give us a hud toggle option. Real life doesn't have a HUD fuck make us count our bullets!

omg I can't fucking wait man!
Worry not my friend...

REV 09 said:
don't see how DICE can win with this. They've boxed themselves into a hole. Their two audiences just want two different games from BF3. I'm confident that the game will be good though.
Well its not that we have lots of footage and info to judge it.
I hope they can add mod tools after release.

REV 09

don't see how DICE can win with this. They've boxed themselves into a hole. Their two audiences just want two different games from BF3. I'm confident that the game will be good though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
REV 09 said:
I think I'm the perfect audience for this. There are some things I liked more from BF2, others that I liked more in Bad Company. It seems like this is going to be a perfect mix of both for me.

Menelaus

Banned
Fersis said:
I hope they can add mod tools after release.
They won't for 2 reasons:

1) They don't want people having access to the FB2 engine for free
2) It makes more fiscal sense to not allow your game to have mods (take the most popular requests and roll them into next year's game)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Menelaus said:
They won't for 2 reasons:

1) They don't want people having access to the FB2 engine for free
2) It makes more fiscal sense to not allow your game to have mods (take the most popular requests and roll them into next year's game)
Good call.

EVIL

so will bf3 have a commander? because I cant make out if they are implementing it, or not. as I read it there is no commander, but everybody can call in airstrikes uav's etc. am I correct?

Kade

Guess I'm going to have to wait and see how this turns out, although I'm not too optimistic.

Surprise me, DICE. Please.

EVIL said:
so will bf3 have a commander? because I cant make out if they are implementing it, or not. as I read it there is no commander, but everybody can call in airstrikes uav's etc. am I correct?

There's no commander because not enough people used it, apparently.

FLEABttn

Banned
sflufan said:
I thought the article mentioned that Commander Mode is included, but in a "streamlined" form?

Correct. They wanted it to be easier to jump into but still have complexity and depth. They haven't mentioned any specifics, but it is in.

EVIL

FLEABttn said:
I done told you, Sulaymaniyah.

Nope, article says it's in.
from what I read they say its not in. "We could implement it" they say, giving reasons why they could but give more reasons why they wont

Confidence Man said:
There's no commander because not enough people used it, apparently.

oO Does not compute.

I was always upset that I was never able to be commander cause some higher rank always went first.

Commander mode is awesome and it should make a return.

FLEABttn

Banned
sflufan said:
Well, someone could settle this by posting the actual text of what was said!

Well, I'm at the office until 2:30 Pacific. I won't have magazine access for a good 7 hours. Someone else will have to paraphrase it it you want it sooner than later.

Fersis

Wow at the negativity.
Lets wait to see some gameplay footage before calling it 'phail! lol DAIZ SUXXS'

domlolz

Banned
I hope the single player is more bad company than call of duty sidestepping all the horrible cliché war bullshit...probably not.

Stallion Free said:
I can't wait for them to confirm I will have to level up to earn my defibs and medpack.
oh no,you won't since you're a battlefield vet!

but those people who never played a battlefield game?

the ones who are used to running and gunning?

they will!

seriously, since they insist on doing the whole unlock thing... what DICE should do (but they don't have the balls to) is make the kits start without the primary weapon. just a sidearm, grenade and kit items! maybe then they will influence people to use them! plus it would be hilarious!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am excited that we are getting a new Battlefield game. To me, the Battlefield games have absolutely dwarved all multiplayer games this generation (and perhaps last as well).

oh yeah, one more thing DICE. in BC2, why do vehicles have a horn WHEN YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HEAR YOURSELF BLOWING THE HORN?

REV 09 said:
even among just the console audience there are many people (mostly BC1 players) who dislike regenerating health, the killcam and no FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom