• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Battlefield 3 - New Thread of Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
eternaLightness said:
Hopefully the sp is in the same vain as MoH's instead of BC. I love the more "realistic" approach they took.

i haven't played MoH's SP but i really liked BC2's SP, it had varied environments and cool scenarios. and the story wasn't bad.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
bigboss370 said:
i haven't played MoH's SP but i really liked BC2's SP, it had varied environments and cool scenarios. and the story wasn't bad.

You should give MoH's a spin, one of the best military shooter campaigns around. Structured very well and just feels so real at times, a very different feel from the action movie style most games are delivering nowadays.

I just hope that EA doesn't expand their practice of 10,000 $5 DLC packs for weapons and other garbage to this on PC.

Silly me for hoping that the inevitable doesn't happen, right?

Everything is looking like it going to be great except this
-More unlocks than BFBC2
I'm tired of this crap, I like the "good old days" when all the MP guns were unlocked and used by anyone.

If you have a compelling MP experience, which BF does, you don't need this "carrot on the stick" mentality to keep you playing.

careful

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
And what would a dudebro game be without swearing every other word. Maybe one day war shooters will be able to move past that.
That's how they talk in the army. I don't see what's the big deal with swearing.

Kibbles

careful said:
Those scans kinda look like bullshots or super high res supersampled images. The IQ is just amazing. :drool
Seriously, it makes me want to get a beasty ass computer, but that's not going to happen even in my dreams =| Hoping the console version isn't completely dumbed down.

careful

SapientWolf said:
Generation Kill had all three.
Yeah, it definitely has nothing to do with the swearing. A good story is a good story. Also see The Wire, one of the greatest shows of all time, also not for sensitive ears.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
It doesn't make for compelling dialogue or narrative.

Cry more. Army men curse in situations. Dealwithit.gif

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Menelaus said:
OH MY GOD, THE LITTLE BIRD HELIS ARE IN.

DICE, how much money do you want?

/pulls out checkbook
Omg the cayuse is in OMFG GTFO omfg omfg omfg!!!

Cayuse OH-6 O M F G

Jtrizzy

I think the banter in BC2 mp is funny, but I do have a juvenile sense of humor. "Dude get your nuts back over here, that's an enemy minefield" however I would agree it was stupid/too much in single player. Also I agree that The Wire is one of the best shows of all time.

Also, asking for links to scans will get you a temporary ban. I know from experience.

Mr. Snrub said:
Except on PC! I patiently await DennisK4's earth-shattering screens.

Assuming those are indeed pc shots, I wonder how much aa is needed to smooth out the graphics to make it look like those scans? 16x? And I wonder what you need to max this out on pc? 2 gtx 580's in sli?

PatzCU

I just saw the scans and, I... I.. *whoa*

PC VERSION ALL OVER MY FACE

I've been waiting for this since BF2. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jtrizzy

Sorry to ask for this again, but can someone post the twitter links for these guys again, or link me to the post that had them?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This game is going to destroy ass. Destroy ASS.

Watch us demolish sky scrapers in MP, the sfx are going to be fucking disgusting Jesus fucking Christ what will I do with my life with this and Diablo 3 next year good fucking game... Omfg not to mention Forza 4.... Jesus fuck what have I done to deserve this... Not to mention borderlands 2, guild wars 2, DIRT 3 + Jesus knows what else.. FUCK.. Dota 2 from valve and Dota from Blizzard..

Is anyone overwhelmedathoned over 2011-12 like me?

What am I going to do!? I haven't been this excited in gaming like this in nearly a decade..

@Nextgeneration

MLAA

And whatever the fuck Nvidia is developing = free HQ AA

Slayer-33 said:
@Nextgeneration

MLAA

And whatever the fuck Nvidia is developing = free HQ AA

Yeah, if both AMD/Nvidia's aa solutions have little to no hit on performance, then holy crap again! :) And it's nice to see a developer make the pc the lead platform, for once! Hallelujah!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
nextgeneration said:
Yeah, if both AMD/Nvidia's aa solutions have little to no hit on performance, then holy crap again! :) And it's nice to see a developer make the pc the lead platform, for once! Hallelujah!

spam the shit out of the ea bf 3 forums get those sobs to implement a targeted/focused MLAA solution for BF 3, shit is going to be CRAZY.

They need to work around hud issues with it or w/e to not make anything look bad if MLAA fucks with UI elements, give us a hud toggle option. Real life doesn't have a HUD fuck make us count our bullets!

omg I can't fucking wait man!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So this game is going to launch with either 9 or 8 multiplayer maps. Irrefutable proof:

Battlefield 1942 launched with 16
Battlefield Vietnam launched with 14
Battlefield 2 launched with 12
Battlefield 2142 launched with 11
Bad Company 2 launched with 10

DONE AND DONE.

Stallion Free said:
So this game is going to launch with either 9 or 8 multiplayer maps. Irrefutable proof:

Battlefield 1942 launched with 16
Battlefield Vietnam launched with 14
Battlefield 2 launched with 12
Battlefield 2142 launched with 11
Bad Company 2 launched with 10

DONE AND DONE.

The times, they are a changin'

CryptiK

FLEABttn said:
Okay, so going through the article:

-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
-Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
-Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
-Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
-Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
-Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
-AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
-No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
-Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
-Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
-Plan on better, more immediate post release content
-More unlocks than BFBC2
-Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
-4 classes
-Will talk about squads "later"
-Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
-Will have co-op
-There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
-BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
-They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
-Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
-"Fuck" will be used often, so M rated for sure

-
There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
-Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
-More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
-PC version is lead version
-Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
-No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
-Original story, not based on Bad Company at all.

Okay, that's basically it.
Hello Battlefield Bad Company 3

Focus on Single Player >.>
No Mod Tools double >.>
and Character Customisation

just give us BF3 MP Only with mod tools for christ sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom