• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game releases of 2013 in a convenient picture.

And till then? Nothing for ~9 months? You also has to factor that launch line-up is most of the time less than stellar. + post-launch draught.

That Nintendo strategy. Release big exclusive(Gears/Zelda), release nothing else for stupid large amount of time until new console comes out.

At least 360 has some decent third party support until then, and whatever the summer of XBLA is gonna be

Seems kinda meh so far. None of the console games are "must buys" for me.

Interested, good chance I'll play it:
- Last of Us
- DMC
- Dragon Age III

Still 50/50 on:
- Bioshock Infinite
- Tomb Raider
- Sly Cooper 4
- God of War Ascension

Don't have a Wii U yet (and won't until they announce a new Zelda or Fire Emblem for it), but Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 are on the immediate buy list if I get one.

Only must buy for me so far is Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. Speaking of which, why isn't there a section for portables and downloadables?

This makes for more interesting discussion IMO:

2Rk0n.jpg

disclaimer: i own both, enjoy both, have missed some (but hopefully nothing anyone would miss, if you know what i mean) included some JP games, and basically stopped when i got sick of logo hunting!

The X's for the Wii U is perturbing. One exclusive for Microsoft is bad, but I am assuming the new console will materialize by then, right?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
PC looking good, here's hoping some of those big name games like GTAV and MGS:RE get their pc ports confirmed instead of a bunch of nonescriptive rumors flying around.

Sad to see the state of the Wii U multiplatform games, then again if anyone was actually convinced that the platform would be anything else other than a 1st/2nd party rig they were fooling themselves.

disclaimer: i own both, enjoy both, have missed some (but hopefully nothing anyone would miss, if you know what i mean) included some JP games, and basically stopped when i got sick of logo hunting!

You forgot FFX HD on the Vita side lolol

Lime

Shadowrun Returns, Banner Saga, Amnesia 2, The Cave, Wasteland 2, Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Rome Total War 2 and Planetary Annihilation are probably the highlights for me. I can't wait to see what the Kickstarter projects end up being like.

MS list doesn't surprise me, they are focused on the Nextbox. The PC exclusives are funny, I just upgraded my PC and that list had almost zero things I'm interested in. PS3 has TLOU which I'm really interested in while Wii U I probably won't get until either Mario 3D or Zelda comes.

Besides maybe 2 or 3 games, everything I want to play will be on almost all systems anyway. It's funny how little exclusives mean to me now and at the beginning of the generation it was all I played. Don't get me wrong, I will be jumping on board the next console train for sure ... but with all the great 3rd party games (AC, GTA, RDR, NFS, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, etc .. ) it seems most of my favorite games this generation are 3rd party anyway.

Derrick01

Banned

2Rk0n.jpg

Wow vita has a pretty solid list for next year already. Here's hoping some more announcements come soon.

Bgamer90

Banned
Surprised at people being surprised at the Xbox 360 only having one (announced) retail exclusive game next year. That has pretty much been the case for months now. Xbox 360 will have basically 100% of the multiplatform games so that's a plus. On top of that there should be a decent number of games coming to XBLA too. Overall though, it's really obvious that MS is preparing for next gen and it's looking more and more like the new Xbox will be coming Fall 2013.

Some are saying that the PS4 will come out Fall 2013 but I don't know... Managing multiple PS3 exclusives, the Vita (and its games), as well as preparing the PS4 and its early games all in the same year seems a bit much. Based on the way Sony has been advertising their products/games (or the lack thereof), one of those categories would have to get less attention than the others. Just seems like too much to manage. We'll see though.

In terms of the Wii U, unless things improve when it comes to its multiplatform games, they really need to bring out some major Nintendo AAA exclusives. If they don't then 2013 will be a pretty dull year for the Wii U.

rbanke

Feels a lot like 2012's list to me. A small group of things I'm interested to play and a few other's that I'll probably check out, but a far cry from the past few years. Can't wait for new consoles.

Top Bottom