• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game you've held longest in your physical collection

Dezzy

I still have my original Battle Arena Toshinden that came with my PS1 as a pack-in. I have a bunch of other old PS1 games but that's my oldest.

Not my image, but I still have this, somewhere:

microsoft_msadv_pc.jpg

Stiler

I still have some old pc games, I know I got the police quest games and some older adventure games like space quest, etc.

Also have Daggerfall tucked away somewhere and some ultima's.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I still have three RCA Studio II games with their original boxes. 1977.

RCA-Studio-II-cartridge-with-box.png

RowdyReverb

I have my first game, Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt for NES. Probably got it in 1992, so that's like 25 years

I think everybody owned that game. Its trade-in value was literally $0.10 at Funcoland in the late 90s

Super Mario/Duck Hunt for me too. Late 80s when I got an NES as a tyke. Although, I got several 19 cent copies from Funcoland back in the day because why not so I wouldn't know which was my original.

JetPac - ZX Spectrum, 1983, on cassette.

First game I bought with the micro. Awesome game, made by Ultimate Play The Game before they became Rare.

orborborb

Milon's Secret Castle with original box and manual, I traded my first game, Metroid, for it (and I still love it, though not as much as Metroid which cost me $70 to replace awhile ago)

Jimm

Unfortunately I don't have any old PC games from my childhood, but the oldest thing it probably my Pokemon Red Blue and Yellow carts. Though I did re buy complete copies, I still have my original carts.

Rock band 1 for Xbox 360. I normally clean house when I upgrade to a new console gen, but I figured I'd keep it in case I needed it to unlock content in any future RB titles.

Can't find any of my NES games and the only game that has turned up is this steaming pile of shit that was in the console. I don't know why it's in there cuz I hated it.

WWF_NES.PNG

One of my Mega Drive or Master System games.
Probably Sonic 1 on Master System, I owned the Master System for a year or two before I owned my own Mega Drive

Klotera

Unfortunately, my NES games got sold/given away at some point (though I've re-bought a number of them).

So, the oldest physical game that's stayed with me is probably Columns for Game Gear.

EricB

I just sold off/gave away a bunch of my old boxed PC games over the summer, and I traded in most of my SNES/Genesis stuff to get an original PlayStation upon release.

From the PlayStation era, I still have my original Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Chrono Cross. I still haven't finished Chrono Cross.

I'm not much of a collector (just Falcom and Dragon Quest stuff these days), and I much prefer getting rid of physical things in favor of digital given the option. Less to dust and worry about.

dickroach

I sold all my NES/SNES/N64/GB/PS1 games on eBay last year. but one game didn't sell. Foresaken on the N64. so I just kind of kept it. so... that

Arcanus

Neo Member
The first system I ever owned was the Nintendo 64 my parents got for me (the NES and SNES were belonged to my older brother) so I still have it along with my original copy of Super Mario 64 and Cruis'n USA.

I still have the first games I ever got, Prince of persia and street fighter 1 for dos.

I think it would have been 1990.

Pop is one of the greatest games ever made, and sf1 is an awful port of a poor game.

kunonabi

I believe my snes copy of FFII has been in my collection the longest. That or a copy of the original Metroid II.

Dont have hardware to play either since i sold my snes and have a super famicom now.

sfog

Probably GB Tetris and Super Mario Land from around 91 or so as a "shut the kids up in the car" solution. I also have an SNES from around 92, with several early releases (SMW and F-Zero), although I'm pretty sure the GB came first for me chronologically.

I did have an NES as well from 1990, but donated it to a friend some years later and no longer have any of its games.

andylsun

Probably Llamasoft Gridrunner for the VIC-20. It's in my box of stuff in the basement. Think it came out in 82? Was the first game I bought for my first computer.

Jaraghan

Got a bunch of SNES games that my dad bought when I was a kid. But for my own purchases, I think GTAIV was my first game I bought with my own money and I still have it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I still have The Last Ninja on cassette from 1987. I bought it because the disk version was sold out everywhere (and I went to dozens of places across UK such as Brighton, Cardiff, Basingstoke, London as I was there on holiday) then on my last day there I found the disk version 😂

Conan the Barbarian for NES. Picked it out for my 7th birthday way back in '92 from the video rental store. I chose poorly.

Not my first game, but the only one I can definitely say I've had the longest. I had to replace a bunch of stuff when I split games with my bro, and I lost maybe half-a-dozen nes games when I let my best friend's nephew borrow them when I was in high school (including my favorite nes game, Crystalis, which was a good memory of my father... really wish I still had that particular copy).

StarFox 64.

I broke my NES like a stupid idiot, but other than that I've got most of the games I've owned that that weren't stolen from me or me being in a nice mood and giving them away to someone less fortunate (which I sadly regret... I really wish I still had my Genesis and all of it's games).

My Saturn stuff. Anything I owned previously was traded in against the next console in line and I've had a job since the late '90's so that allowed me to keep older games.
Worked out quite well too, as the Saturn stuff is by far the most collectable these days.

namabiiru

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. It was my first game, and I still have it. So 1992. We have a bunch of Atari 2600 games too, but those are my dads and most Atari games suck.

I also think I have a Wolfenstein 3D shareware floppy around here somewhere.

Top Bottom