• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game you've held longest in your physical collection

NekoFever

I still have my Vectrex games from the late 80s. It was my first games machine. It's odd that I kept it since most of my early consoles were sold as part of the process of upgrading to their successors, though I've since re-bought many of them.

BriGuy

I still have my copies of defender and Pacman on the Atari 2600 from like 1984 or 1985. People listing shit from like the mid 2000s make me shake my head.

Quikies83

799e0d3e7256547450fe58649bfd5e78.jpg

I guess... since it's my first boxed video game (not on Apple but on Thomson). Though I wouldn't take bets on the floppy still working fine.

The oldest one I've tried recently is Burnin' Rubber on Gx4000 and Tetris on Gameboy (my first cart games)

Unless you count pong consoles / Game & Watch...

I used to play Silent Service all the time on NES. I had to have been around 7.

Maengun1

I got the SNES with Mario World and Mario Kart for my 6th birthday and still have them so that.

Our NES broke in the mid 90s and I don't remember what happened to the games but they're no more.

Ocarina of Time for the N64. I don't even have the N64 anymore. Sold it along with all my other games for it earlier this year. But I just couldn't bring myself to part with that one cartridge.

Ventara

Probably Super Mario 64. Should be about 17-18 years now. It's one of 5 or so N64 games I had, and the N64 was the only console I had until the PSP, so I played those games for a LONG time. Too many memories to get rid of them.

Probably my copy of Pokemon Yellow. Unfortunately my save battery died years ago, but I soldered a new one in and managed not to break it, so it's just waiting for me to start up a new game some day.

Metal Gear Solid. I don't collect physical games but I'll always hang on to that. Some of my favorite box art ever and the plastic case is somehow in great condition.

Seik

Banned
The most ancient remnants of my childhood is my Genesis, my copy of Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Street Fighter II Championship Edition.

Back then when I was young I sold pretty much everything I had to get the new thing, way before I started collecting. I sold those to my uncle who didn't mind giving everything back to me years after.

Especially the Gen + Sonic 2 which was a bundle I received on Christmas 93, so yeah, it has some background.

Muffdraul

I don't know exactly where they are, but I still own all of my old Mattel Electronics handheld sports games from the 70s, Football, Basketball, Hockey. My Microvision died decades ago but I still have all of the games... Block Buster, Sea Duel, Star Trek Phaser Strike, Pinball, Bowling, Connect Four, Alien Raiders, Cosmic Hunter, Mindbuster... and all of my TI994A carts, Tunnels of Doom, Munchman, Chisholm Trail, Hunt the Wumpus, Alpiner, Moon Mine, surely some I'm forgetting...

darscot

Its a bit weird I usually give away my system and games when the new system comes out. Started with Atari, Coleco, NES, SNES, I just gave them to some kid I knew. For some reason I kept my N64 collection. I don't know that era was a keeper for me but its packed away.

Weevilone

I still have all of my Atari 2600 carts. Unfortunately we gave Pong away.

My wife primarily wants to buy a new house so I have to "go through my stuff". Hahahahahaha!

Fredrik

I still have a Game & Watch Donkey Kong dual screen game/console, had it since 1982. If that counts?

For usual games I think Last Ninja 2 for C64 on cassette is my oldest one, got it in 1988.

hertog

Until a few months ago it we're a couple of ps1 gamrs (FFvii, Vandal Hearts, Suikoden 2, resident evil 2)
But my parents found my old game Gear collection in their attic. So now it's wonderboy without a doubt, first game I got for the system.
search

shanafan

Double Switch for the Sega CD. I don't even have a Sega CD anymore, but I can't part with my all-time favorite game.

I have ondiana jones and the fate of atlantis since 1992.
Of course today I can't even use the diskettes it came on but that's not a reason to throw ot away.

SheHateMe

A lot of my older stuff was lost when I went to college: my grandmother tossed almost all of my gaming stuff I left behind.

However, I still have my CD versions of King's Quest 6 and LOOM and the three 3 1/2 inch floppy disks for DOOM.

The next oldest thing is Blur for 360. I will never get rid of it.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
s-l225.jpg

(Not a picture of mine)

Although I'm probably the only person on GAF who was a fan of the DID flight sims haha.

Top Bottom