• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game you've held longest in your physical collection

I would say Dragon Warrior IV for NES but I sold it when I really needed some money, and bought it again later.

I still have a copy of Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3 for SNES, I guess technically that's my oldest.

Edit: forgot. Have my copy of Pool of Radiance (PC / EGA gfx). Definitely the oldest.

I was a young fool and sold all my stuff. I've since repurchased it all, but my real original game would be Wii Sports!

In the early to mid-2000's I sold all my GameCube stuff for a 200GB hard drive. I regret it now, but I really needed space for the LAN party coming up! With that being said I did keep my spice controller, so that's the oldest hardware I have.

pretty sure I still have 10+ NES games still, including Zelda, Mario/duck hunt, Metroid, Solar Jetman & The Adventures of Bayou Billy.

dracula_x

probably this one

xMkvi9P.jpg

Nessus

nes_super_mario_brothers_duck_p_fds7ot.jpg

Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt that came with my NES, first games and console I ever owned (mine's in better condition).

Probably my FF3(VI) SNES copy bought off ebay back in 2003. I've sold or traded off tons of game over the years, so nothing from my childhood(nes, snes, genesis) I kept. All the SNES games I currently own I"ve probably had at least 10 years. You wanna talk sellers regret? Selling my SNES along with a shitload of good games back in 2002. Immediate regret the next day, then spent a good deal of time and energy getting most of my prior collection back. Unless my life depended on it, never again.

LogicAirForce

Neo Member
I still have my SNES and the games for it that I got when I was 4 or 5(1998 or '99). Space Invaders was the first game that I got. It all still works too.

I've got a bunch of N64 games in my parent's house. The oldest game in my house is probably a physical copy of Audiosurf for the PC.

Mr Rivuz

My first console was a snes but i sold it to buy an n64 with mario 64, and that's the game i've held longest in my collection.

My original collection of games were either traded in or in some landfill. Despite loving games, I didn't treat them very well (I mean, I was a kid in the 90s and early 2000s). I eventually re-purchased most of my old collection on ebay some years ago but for the purposes of this thread, the physical game I've had longest in my collection is Final Fantasy IV: Advance (complete with box and manual) with the Game Boy micro serving as the oldest hardware I've owned. Both FFIV and the micro were purchased together in Circuit City.

Inside

This is the only gameboy game which survived in my position throughout my childhood. All other games was sold to get money for newer systems. Now I am trying to rebuild the same gameboy collection I had as a child

1uF15pV.jpg

Mooshed

Neo Member
Mega Man for the NES. I got it from my parents as a 6 year old. Still in good condition and later got it signed by Keiji Inafune.

Jakten

I've still got all my childhood video games, I think the oldest game I might have is Donkey Kong Jr. as when my parents bought the NES it didn't come with Mario for some reason. My parents saved the boxes and everything in storage as well surprisingly so I have a lot of that stuff in good condition still.

Laws00

I don't get rid of games.

And in the very least I do i've gotten them back.

Super Mario Bros for NES when I first got my NES

SuomiDude

I think Super Mario World which came with my (and my siblins') SNES back in 1992 I think. The first game I bought myself was Mystic Quest for GB back in 1994 I think. Especially Mystic Quest is dear to me as I still have it in its original package CIB.

Daffy Duck

My disc copy of Half Life.

Edit: nope my eldest physical game is actually Destruction Derby 2.

UA1zFwV.jpg

I also found this that I got with my Voodoo 3 card.

6TcmzjM.jpg

Dadasch

Legacy of Kain Blood Omen for OG PS.
Amazing game. I'd probably play it again the moment Sony allows BC for PS1 games.

Atomski

Still own a a bunch of n64 games.. Id still have my Snes collection but the family gave that away.

Personally I stopped caring about physical media when everyone went disk based.. always felt cheap after that.

Rockondevil

The oldest game I could find last time I moved was Pokemon Silver. I only held on to it because it was the first (and last) Pokemon game I had caught them all on.
Guaranteed the battery in it is now dead but I will still hold on to it in memory.

Melchiah

Since I've sold all my C64 and Amiga games and systems, it would have to be Resident Evil Director's Cut for PS1, bought in May 1998.

I have a few PSone games lying around. Not that I've looked at them ever. but they're in the house. Possibly parasite eve + FFVII etc

RSP

I've never sold any game, ever.

So, SMB 1 for NES is the oldest. Got it for Christmas in '90 or '91 I think.

Rellik

I threw a lot of my games away when younger so I think my oldest surviving game is Gran Turismo 4 and FFX.

MicH

Yoshi's Cookie for the original Game Boy.

My first ever game that I got along with the GB. My 7 year old self could not figure out how to play this game. Thankfully I got Kirby's Dream Land and Super Mario Land not too long after but man, I really did not like Yoshi's Cookie at all :lol

eXistor

I think Monkey Island 2. I don't think I bought it at launch, but it can't have been much later. So 1991/92.

Most of my original NES games I foolishly sold off (though we did buy a Megadrive with the money, which I still have). I rebought ost of them later on, but of course, those aren't the actual ones I had back in the day.

Shahed

I pretty much never keep my games. I sell them once I'm done. I have nothing from the last generstion, and my oldest game this gen is either FIFA17 or Dragon Quest Builders, so less than a year old.

Having said that when I was tidying some stuff before I came across a copy of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria on PS2. I was surprised I had itand it must have been something I overlooked. Funnily enough I feel like playing it now, but at this point I can't bring myself to play a standard PS2 game. I'd need some sort of Remaster or something

beril

Tetris and Super Mario Land along with the original gameboy since 1990
I have never really sold or gotten rid of any games so it's simply the first I owned

I still have an Atari 2600 Pitfall cartridge in a box that I came across about a year ago!

Also (not as old, but still cool), I have the original Crash Bandicoot and the first Silent Hill in their original jewel cases for the PS1.

Ravelle

I have a whole moving box full of physical crystal cases and old dvd cases, to name a couple that come to mind:

Diablo 2
Oni
Age of Mythology
Space Colony
Crash Bandicoot 3
Unreal
Unreal 2

My Banjo Kazooie cart. It was the first game I got when my parents got me an N64.

I would have been an SNES cart but there was a break-in in my house and the robbers took my Snes and games.

Top Bottom