• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

JB1981

Anyone else notice the new shield damage? Maybe I"m just seeing things but when the Spikers hit your shields you can see a faint image of the shield around your body. Is that new ?

The Omegathon is so sweet. I'd love to be in something like that.

Bring PAX to the East Coast damn you!
emot-argh.gif

GhaleonEB

JB1981 said:
Anyone else notice the new shield damage? Maybe I"m just seeing things but when the Spikers hit your shields you can see a faint image of the shield around your body. Is that new ?
Yeah, it was added after the Beta. There's a brief shot of it in the E3 trailer. It's a nice replacement for damage arrows in the first game, as the shield flaring is location-specific.

GhaleonEB said:
They made a post about the Beta when it was running, essentially saying that it was excellent and they'd been playing it a lot. And for all the crap they gave Bungie about Halo 2, most of it was regarding the Campaign; they've played quite a bit of H2 MP.

Even if they didn't like the MP, that's par for the course for a lot of Halo 2 haters.

"WTF they totally nerfed the grenades I hate the SMG and Bungie really sux Halo 2 is the most disappointing game ever. Would post more but need to get back to playing 5 hours of Halo 2 every day."

DrBo42

professor_t said:
Even if they didn't like the MP, that's par for the course for a lot of Halo 2 haters.

"WTF they totally nerfed the grenades I hate the SMG and Bungie really sux Halo 2 is the most disappointing game ever. Would post more but need to get back to playing 5 hours of Halo 2 every day."

I had a lot of complaints about that game but I actually stopped playing it a month after it came out. The beta has removed the bad Halo 2 taste from my mouth.

I just watched the Gamevideos footage and now watching the opposite side of it with the Gametrailers footage.

in both angles the mongoose crashing in to the walls over and over is hilarious.

gametrailers video has far less annoying audience talk

DrBo42 said:
I had a lot of complaints about that game but I actually stopped playing it a month after it came out. The beta has removed the bad Halo 2 taste from my mouth.

Let's just hope you don't get Brutezoned. That taste never goes away.

Or so I've heard.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Blueblur1 said:
Anyone notice the first gametrailers video that there's debug text in the bottom left at the beginning of the match and that the player detached the camera when he had the turret? Special debug button press on accident?

(sorry for crappy pic)

Yep. We played in a debug mode so we could quickly unlock the ODST armor perm. He found out that holding down X for ages detaches the camera. I lunged out from behind my speaker in horror and fixed it before he met a nasty end.

This is not in the retail version.

NJ Shlice

Stinkles said:
Yep. We played in a debug mode so we could quickly unlock the ODST armor perm. He found out that holding down X for ages detaches the camera. I lunged out from behind my speaker in horror and fixed it before he met a nasty end.

This is not in the retail version.

:lol Stinkles to the rescue

Hearing the audience going crazy in those videos is great... if only there was a "tournament audio" option you could turn on to duplicate that, kinda like a laugh track but awesome.

Game looks amazingly fun, as usual. :D

FightyF

Banned
blazinglazers said:
Hearing the audience going crazy in those videos is great... if only there was a "tournament audio" option you could turn on to duplicate that, kinda like a laugh track but awesome.

Game looks amazingly fun, as usual. :D

*Imagines the "Foreign Kiss" crowd sample playing when someone gets teabagged*

Stinkles said:
Yep. We played in a debug mode so we could quickly unlock the ODST armor perm...
I'm late to the "Helljumper Party" but I hope there's some sort of fictional reason the ODST garb is now part of the MJOLNIR series of Spartan armor.

I know that the practical and superficial reason its being included in Halo 3 multiplayer is because it kicks ass and looks the part, but for the story fan in me, I'd like to believe there's a backstory-ish explanation somewhere in there since the Spartans and the ODSTs weren't on the up-and-up in Nylund's work.

GhaleonEB

BTW, stinkles confirmed that armor permutation to be ODST here, in addition to a few posts up.

Mr Vociferous said:
I'm late to the "Helljumper Party" but I hope there's some sort of fictional reason the ODST garb is now part of the MJOLNIR series of Spartan armor.
"Because it's cool" works for me. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I mean, it's multiplayer only, right? What's the fictional reason to stand in glowing hill for a fixed period while grenades are tossed at you? :p

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:
BTW, stinkles confirmed that armor permutation to be ODST here, in addition to a few posts up.

Sorry but betaFrankiez has one helmet and lukemz has another. Look.

helmet2.jpg

ODSTarmor-1.jpg

Its the Cobra from this wallpaper. Where's Frankie to confirm this? ;)

Gameprowallpaperresize.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Zoh My God. I leave for LA, then come back 4 days later to all of this ? New gameplay videos that I've been asking for since the beta finished ? ODST armor is a permutation for MP
FAP-tastic
?

Download speed don't fail me now.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wait, isnt Luke always boasting that he is 1337? I mean, Frankie owned him hard. Are they just joking on the podcasts, or Frankie just got lucky?

voltron

godhandiscen said:
Wait, isnt Luke always boasting that he is 1337? I mean, Frankie owned him hard. Are they just joking on the podcasts, or Frankie just got lucky?

Nah hes pretty good according to the Ziff crew too.

godhandiscen

voltron said:
Nah hes pretty good according to the Ziff crew too.
Yeah, I know, I was just messing. I assume from now on Stinkles will bask in his glory after such a victory.

OverHeat

« generous god »
In preparation for H3 single player every day I will do a chapter of H1 and H2 on Heroic.

I started yesterday and I finished the chapter: Halo today.

I cant believe how much I still enjoy this game.

Sean

Banned
godhandiscen said:

Maybe he was dying on purpose just to let Frankie demonstrate the new weapons & equipment.

armubaba

Erm guys, godhandiscen is kidding. And yeah, that was at the PAX Omegathon event, so the videos weren't of Frankie or Luke, but of the competitors in the tourney.

godhandiscen

Wile E Bud said:
New Halo 3 footage (Sierra 117)
HAWTNESS
guys dont watch it if you wanna keep your halo 3 experience fresh.
This reminds me I should stay away from Halo 3 threads.
edit; I cannot watch it. Can you link it directly plz. (yeah, i know, i cannot resist)

i jus watched the whole video and there are no cinematics, but they do play though a chunk of the level so if you want the first level to be completely fresh to you when you play it don't watch the video

Sean

Banned
direct link = mms://stream.thisisgame.com/ncsoftext/this/feature/halo3campaign.wmv

looks amazing... the sunlight coming through the trees, wow.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
How come we have not seen this footage anywhere else?

edit: They are demoing the third level here in US not the first one.

godhandiscen said:
Trust me, Lukems in all likelihood will own you.

None of those videos are of Frankie or Luke playing though. People playing had to use their accounts for the mini tournament. Those in the know can tell Luke wasn't playing cause we didn't see any excessive "celebrations" after the kills. :lol

OverHeat

« generous god »
Shogmaster said:
Trust me, Lukems in all likelihood will own you.

None of those videos are of Frankie or Luke playing though. People playing had to use their accounts for the mini tournament.

...I wish I could do a 1 vs 1 against Lukems in H2 to see if is all that.

armubaba

DrBo42 said:
Excellent find! That level is GORGEOUS. Kudos Bungie.

No kidding. Honestly, I think Halo 3 is easily one of the most beautiful games I've seen so far. The color, art direction, effects, water and lighting, just damn. Anybody who says Halo 3 isn't a (at the very least) goodlooking game is either kidding himself or just trolling. That tidbit of Sierra 117 just looked amazing. My jaw was on the floor the whole damn time.

OverHeat said:
...I wish I could do a 1 vs 1 against Lukems in H2 to see if is all that.

I remember the last day of the Beta, we all were in a Custom with Luke and Frankie. Long Rifle whore TOTAL. :lol

Ahhh good times. Can't wait to replicate those times come the 25th. Almost there guys!

GhaleonEB

I watched the first few minutes, but then the player froze up on me. It was enough though. Sierra 117 = beautiful. The water, the lighting, um, the lighting on the water.....

Wile E Bud said:
i jus watched the whole video and there are no cinematics, but they do play though a chunk of the level so if you want the first level to be completely fresh to you when you play it don't watch the video

Yeah, I saw what I needed to see in the first 30 seconds or so and then stopped watching so I could change my shorts. I'm not watching any more footage after this.

Top Bottom