• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

So, me and some friends were talking about animal games, and I've just remembered a trailer I saw of a game in which you could control several animals in a First-Person perspective. I remember it showed the player controlling a crow, among other animals. The trailer was fairly recent and it was coming out on PS4.

I can't seem to find anything about this game. Does it exist or was I just dreaming?

I don't recall enough about it but maybe What Remains of Edith Finch?

DownLoad

This has been bugging me for a long time. Played it back when I was a young kid, and honestly can't remember too much about it. But what the hell, lets give it a shot:

- Windows 3.1
- 2D Platformer
- Design was minimalistic from what I remember... Simple grey colour scheme. No fancy models. Not stick men, but something similar maybe?
- Room based platformer. Game went by rooms, not a scrolling platformer.

This has been bugging me for a long time. Played it back when I was a young kid, and honestly can't remember too much about it. But what the hell, lets give it a shot:

- Windows 3.1
- 2D Platformer
- Design was minimalistic from what I remember... Simple grey colour scheme. No fancy models. Not stick men, but something similar maybe?
- Room based platformer. Game went by rooms, not a scrolling platformer.
Could it be Dark Castle? I think of it more as a Mac game but it had other versions.

DownLoad

Could it be Dark Castle? I think of it more as a Mac game but it had other versions.

Just looked it up. That's a good guess, as it matches up with all my points haha. But not quite. The game I'm thinking of was much more minimalist in its graphics. No shaders like that. Solid colours from what I can remember, and not as much detail.

I guess I'd compare its graphics closer to N+?

Boy do I wish I remembered more details about this game.

SNES game where you play as a fox or similar and the last battle is like 2 mechas boxing.
What game was that?

Also, it took me like 20 years to learn what the name of Shadowrun on the SNES was, in my mind it was "the game where you start up as a dead dude and come back to life then roam the city" lol. I learnt it by chance after watching video, and before that one video nobody seemed to talk about it in the interwebs.

DownLoad

^Need more details.

Remember any pick ups?

Was there mulitplayer?

Sound effects?

I wish I had more details haha. This is back when I was single digits age. It may not even be for Windows 3.1. The computer we had booted into something prior to Windows 3.1, which is where most of the games I played were. Perhaps the machine had a custom image on it, as I'm not familiar with W3.1 at all.

-I don't believe there were any pickups
-No multiplayer from what I can remember

Looking like this is a lost cause haha.

I wish I had more details haha. This is back when I was single digits age. It may not even be for Windows 3.1. The computer we had booted into something prior to Windows 3.1, which is where most of the games I played were. Perhaps the machine had a custom image on it, as I'm not familiar with W3.1 at all.

It rings a vague bell, that's why I asking for more details.

If it was grey, I'd say it was windows. Dos games tended to be more garish in colour.

If you think of anything else post here.

doemaaan

Sometime back in the 90's, I used to play a demo (that came on a disc with several other demos) featuring a Space Marine (I THINK). Aqua-like space marine suit, couldn't see the face maybe? Had a helmet on. 3rd person shooter, but not an over the shoulder view. More like the camera was right behind the space marine (think Zelda games).

The world in the demo was outdoor and bland. Kinda yellowish. The enemies were uninspiring. There were also BIG beige flying space-like Jellyfish to shoot down.

And when you ran (I think there was a stamina meter? don't quote me on that one), your marine looked really stiff. There was also a sniper in the game. I remember taking out a bunch of baddies with it.

Ring any bells? This game has comeback to my memory time and time again, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Edit: Windows PC game.

EDIT 2: game probably came out after 95 to 2000-2001...

doemaaan

MDK jumps to mind with the beige world and sniper.

Doesn't fit the rest of your criteria though.

GIANTS: CITIZEN KABUTO
Giants-Citizen-Kabuto-mac-screenshot-3.jpg

FOUND IT. YES. fucking finally.

Maybe MicroMan? Without more details it's pretty hard to nail it down. Could you maybe at least give us a more precise timeframe, we know it's Win 3.1 or earlier, but maybe something like "definitely not after 1994" or "played it around 93-94" could at least narrow it down somewhat.

Also, Win 3.1 games tended to be higher res (due to working at 640x480 or sometimes higher) if there were natively made for the OS, so do you maybe remember if the graphics were sharper or more pixelated like older DOS games?

Donnel

Neo Member
I remember watching my brother and his friends play a Genesis RPG probably about 22 years ago or so...one dungeon had a chess board and I remember them fighting the chess pieces JRPG style. No idea what it was

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I remember watching my brother and his friends play a Genesis RPG probably about 22 years ago or so...one dungeon had a chess board and I remember them fighting the chess pieces JRPG style. No idea what it was

Shining Force 2

Fancolors

I remember playing a PS1 fighting game. It was Japanese and you fought with characters who would be flying inside a box suspended on air and a lot of the matches were projectile based. Your Ryu and Ken in this game wore red and blue.

The only character specific thing I remember is that blue guy was kick based. Does anyone have any idea?

Jucksalbe

Banned
I remember playing a PS1 fighting game. It was Japanese and you fought with characters who would be flying inside a box suspended on air and a lot of the matches were projectile based. Your Ryu and Ken in this game wore red and blue.

The only character specific thing I remember is that blue guy was kick based. Does anyone have any idea?

Psychic Force?

This was a PC game. I don't know if it was in a browser or disc based. I remember playing it somewhere between 1999-2003 or so. Give or take 1-2 years. It was a first-person puzzle/adventure game that I am 95% sure was Jurassic Park related.

I remember it taking place on a dinosaur island, with gated areas and objectives of finding pieces of equipment needed to build something. I don't remember any of it taking place during the day and was instead always at night. Sometimes raining maybe?

I remember having to hide from dinosaurs because if you were found you didn't have anything to fight against them (or at least I was bad enough to not have anything?). Always died when they found you.

That's pretty much all I remember. I was looking at a list of Jurassic Park games on wikipedia and none of it seemed right, so that is why I'm hesitant to guarantee that it is a JP-related game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This was a PC game. I don't know if it was in a browser or disc based. I remember playing it somewhere between 1999-2003 or so. Give or take 1-2 years. It was a first-person puzzle/adventure game that I am 95% sure was Jurassic Park related.

I remember it taking place on a dinosaur island, with gated areas and objectives of finding pieces of equipment needed to build something. I don't remember any of it taking place during the day and was instead always at night. Sometimes raining maybe?

I remember having to hide from dinosaurs because if you were found you didn't have anything to fight against them (or at least I was bad enough to not have anything?). Always died when they found you.

That's pretty much all I remember. I was looking at a list of Jurassic Park games on wikipedia and none of it seemed right, so that is why I'm hesitant to guarantee that it is a JP-related game.

Sounds a bit like Trespasser.

I've got 2 I need a hand with

A ps1 game where you used to throw bombs as your main source of weapons

Psp game where you used to jump on the roofs of cars from other cars

kris.

Banned
Ooh good, this thread got bumped and I actually remember the game I was trying to remember.

Okay so I'm 70ish% sure that this was on the PS2. It was a vehicular combat game. The vehicles were kinda futuristic jets/planes. Pretty sure it took place in the future. They battled in an arena as a kind televised deathrace thing complete with announcers. And I want to say that one of the announcers was the guy that voiced Daxter but he's apparently only voiced Daxter in any video game so it can't be him. but he sounded just like him.

KillySG10

Neo Member
Ooh good, this thread got bumped and I actually remember the game I was trying to remember.

Okay so I'm 70ish% sure that this was on the PS2. It was a vehicular combat game. The vehicles were kinda futuristic jets/planes. Pretty sure it took place in the future. They battled in an arena as a kind televised deathrace thing complete with announcers. And I want to say that one of the announcers was the guy that voiced Daxter but he's apparently only voiced Daxter in any video game so it can't be him. but he sounded just like him.

Is it possible is was Jak X: Combat Racing? Would account for Daxter at least.

WDL WarJetz?

I played an old DOS game back in the pre-internet days. It was turn based competitive multi-player. Each player had different castles spread across the map, each castle produced a different kind of unit. By taking over a castle, you could start to produce the corresponding unit yourself. That's a really all I could tell you. It has been like a piece of meat stuck in my teeth for almost 20 years. Every once in a while, I start thinking about it and can't get it out of my head. I don't even know if it was fun...

DevilDog

It was a racing game, with formula 1 sort of car models but not quite. Lots of neon lights and the cars could shoot lasers.

They could destroy other cars for a bit.

Anyone know what it is?

Pharaun

I played an old DOS game back in the pre-internet days. It was turn based competitive multi-player. Each player had different castles spread across the map, each castle produced a different kind of unit. By taking over a castle, you could start to produce the corresponding unit yourself. That's a really all I could tell you. It has been like a piece of meat stuck in my teeth for almost 20 years. Every once in a while, I start thinking about it and can't get it out of my head. I don't even know if it was fun...

Sounds like one of the Warlords games. They made several of them and I loved them back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlords_(game_series)

mclem

Hmm.. Don't think so, I think I would have known that from the Amiga version. I was thinking the main character had a gun and was on individual car roofs. Suppose it might be a messed up memory of Dragon Nina.

Another that strikes me, could it be conflating two levels from Shadow Dancer?

Y7pmVcY.jpg

8sua1XJ.png

I'm sure I've got another game in mind, too, but I can't pin it down right now.

EDIT: WTF, sorry wrong thread.

But while I'm here;

Dino Crisis I think?

ChazGW7

This has been bothering me for YEARS gaf, maybe you can help me out.

The game im thinking of is a PC game which likely comes from the mid to late 90's, and it was like a point-and-click adventure game if I remember correctly.

The main character was an alien, and it was a sci-fi based story for sure with all sorts of technology and creatures in it. But the MC was green and im pretty sure he had big eyes and wore a black leather jacket.

...That's just about all I can remember. I remember watching my father play it a couple times and wondering what on earth it was about. I would LOVE to track it down and try it for myself just for nostalgia.

<3

BooJoh

This has been bothering me for YEARS gaf, maybe you can help me out.

The game im thinking of is a PC game which likely comes from the mid to late 90's, and it was like a point-and-click adventure game if I remember correctly.

The main character was an alien, and it was a sci-fi based story for sure with all sorts of technology and creatures in it. But the MC was green and im pretty sure he had big eyes and wore a black leather jacket.

...That's just about all I can remember. I remember watching my father play it a couple times and wondering what on earth it was about. I would LOVE to track it down and try it for myself just for nostalgia.

<3

The Feeble Files?
https://www.gog.com/game/the_feeble_files

Top Bottom