• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

ChazGW7

oh my GODDD that's it! Thank you so much! And its on GOG! I swear I looked there a while ago to see if id recognise the art to jog my memory but I must have missed it. You are my hero.

This was a PC game. I don't know if it was in a browser or disc based. I remember playing it somewhere between 1999-2003 or so. Give or take 1-2 years. It was a first-person puzzle/adventure game that I am 95% sure was Jurassic Park related.

I remember it taking place on a dinosaur island, with gated areas and objectives of finding pieces of equipment needed to build something. I don't remember any of it taking place during the day and was instead always at night. Sometimes raining maybe?

I remember having to hide from dinosaurs because if you were found you didn't have anything to fight against them (or at least I was bad enough to not have anything?). Always died when they found you.

That's pretty much all I remember. I was looking at a list of Jurassic Park games on wikipedia and none of it seemed right, so that is why I'm hesitant to guarantee that it is a JP-related game.

Long shot, but it wasn't Cryo's Lost Eden, was it? I can't recall any hiding, though. It was a straight-up first person adventure game.

All I "remember" about this game is that it was for the original PlayStation, seemed very Japanese and weird, and was possibly a puzzle game. I think the lead character was an office worker who wore a white shirt, possibly a tie, and he had to run away from a giant rolling ball? Man, it was weird as hell.

My younger brother must have been around 10 years old and he was allowed any game he wanted on his birthday. We went to the store (UK if that helps) and for some reason he thought this game was a good idea. It frustrated him so much he spent most of his evening crying =P

rtcn63

All I "remember" about this game is that it was for the original PlayStation, seemed very Japanese and weird, and was possibly a puzzle game. I think the lead character was an office worker who wore a white shirt, possibly a tie, and he had to run away from a giant rolling ball? Man, it was weird as hell.

My younger brother must have been around 10 years old and he was allowed any game he wanted on his birthday. We went to the store (UK if that helps) and for some reason he thought this game was a good idea. It frustrated him so much he spent most of his evening crying =P

Incredible Crisis

IncredibleCrisis-02.png

Lucini

Banned
I have a tough one:

I used to get the PC shareware mags a lot as a kid (Windows 3.1 days if not earlier). There was one game that I used to play where you were an airplane pilot, tasked with flying to a specific city, but they wouldn't tell you where it was on the globe, so you had to guess (by clicking), and you also had to take into account weather and stuff too.

When you took off, they'd play Flight of the Valkyries and show your plane in a small window from the side and the weather would show up and either down the plane, cause an issue, or you'd pull through.

Sounds a bit like Trespasser.

EDIT: WTF, sorry wrong thread.

But while I'm here;

Dino Crisis I think?

Long shot, but it wasn't Cryo's Lost Eden, was it? I can't recall any hiding, though. It was a straight-up first person adventure game.

Looked at some youtube videos of all three of these and I don't think any of them are it.

The more I think about it the more I am sure it was an in-browser game. Go to a website, click play, and go at it.

If nobody knows it, it isn't really a big deal. I just randomly thought of it the other day and have been trying to figure out if I was imagining things or if it was a real game haha

Buzzi

I remember this really trashy, Sims like game on DS, where the intro is basically the protagonist (created with an editor) thinking something like (played it in italian, don't know how accurate it is) "I have money, girls and fame, what could I ask anymore?" and then realizing it was a dream when his neighbour came into the room saying he should have a shower.

I don't remember anything else, just this outstanding intro which I'll probably never forget since I played with a fat black blonde male which made impossible not to laugh.

Okay so my girlfriend remembers a PC game from the early 2000s era (earliest 1999 - latest 2003) that's seems to have be been titled something like "Origin".

She says the start of the game begins with a fairly dodgy character customisation screen where you could choose sex, hair/eye colour etc.
From there the first level is some sort of desert featuring a fence and caravan, possibly with an NPC inside. Beyond that is a ravine with some sort of puzzle involving hand prints on the walls that glow blue.
She thinks it may have been an adventure/puzzle game. Any ideas?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Übermatik;226775599 said:
Okay so my girlfriend remembers a PC game from the early 2000s era (earliest 1999 - latest 2003) that's seems to have be been titled something like "Origin".

She says the start of the game begins with a fairly dodgy character customisation screen where you could choose sex, hair/eye colour etc.
From there the first level is some sort of desert featuring a fence and caravan, possibly with an NPC inside. Beyond that is a ravine with some sort of puzzle involving hand prints on the walls that glow blue.
She thinks it may have been an adventure/puzzle game. Any ideas?

Sounds like it might be Uru.

I remember this really trashy, Sims like game on DS, where the intro is basically the protagonist (created with an editor) thinking something like (played it in italian, don't know how accurate it is) "I have money, girls and fame, what could I ask anymore?" and then realizing it was a dream when his neighbour came into the room saying he should have a shower.

I don't remember anything else, just this outstanding intro which I'll probably never forget since I played with a fat black blonde male which made impossible not to laugh.

That has to be Miami Nights: Singles in the City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPABWyNu75I

I have a vague recollection of a game from my childhood that I'm not sure if it's real or it was from a dream at this point.

If it exists it was 98% likely an NES game (NES was the only system I had growing up until the PS1, though we rented a Sega Genesis once or twice). I recall the protagonist being a Star Fox like Fox, but it was a side scrolling platformer. For awhile growing up, I was sure this game was a NES prequel to Star Fox (before knowing any better).

I can recall a level where you had to out run lava filling up a stage (I think).

This whole thing might entirely be a creation of my childhood imagination. I have no idea.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I have a vague recollection of a game from my childhood that I'm not sure if it's real or it was from a dream at this point.

If it exists it was 98% likely an NES game (NES was the only system I had growing up until the PS1, though we rented a Sega Genesis once or twice). I recall the protagonist being a Star Fox like Fox, but it was a side scrolling platformer. For awhile growing up, I was sure this game was a NES prequel to Star Fox (before knowing any better).

I can recall a level where you had to out run lava filling up a stage (I think).

This whole thing might entirely be a creation of my childhood imagination. I have no idea.

I'd say Psycho Fox but that was Master System.

If it weren't for the whole fox thing, I would've guessed you were thinking of the Bucky O'Hare game. It's space themed, the characters sort of have a Star Fox aesthetic and there is a level where you have to outrun lava flows. I guess the main character being a rabbit sort of disqualifies it though.

tr00per

You didn't let me down with galaxian 3 and Hopefully this is an easy one.

There was a platformer on a psone demo disc (likely US PSM or underground) that had you playing as a chicken breaking open colored cubes. Something about a TV as well...?

Speaking of PS1 Demos. There's a game from the UK demo one disc where you played as a construction worker (?) and I remember a hammer and the soundtrack either being the Prodigy or a too close for comfort knock off.

I'm certain it existed, it wasn't very good if I recall, just wondering what it was.

Speaking of PS1 Demos. There's a game from the UK demo one disc where you played as a construction worker (?) and I remember a hammer and the soundtrack either being the Prodigy or a too close for comfort knock off.

I'm certain it existed, it wasn't very good if I recall, just wondering what it was.

Hmmm. Trash It?

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
Hey guys, i was wondering if you guys still remember any of those "Sky TV red button games".

Remember there were some really enjoyable games based off on franchises like scooby doo back in the day. Would anyone happen to know any names?

Also there was a game, flash game i believe, where you fly in a 3d maze like environment, and i remember as you move deeper in, the colors change from green, yellow to finally red as the difficulty increased.

tr00per

Hey guys, i was wondering if you guys still remember any of those "Sky TV red button games".

Remember there were some really enjoyable games based off on franchises like scooby doo back in the day. Would anyone happen to know any names?

Also there was a game, flash game i believe, where you fly in a 3d maze like environment, and i remember as you move deeper in, the colors change from green, yellow to finally red as the difficulty increased.

Is that anything like webTV?

If it weren't for the whole fox thing, I would've guessed you were thinking of the Bucky O'Hare game. It's space themed, the characters sort of have a Star Fox aesthetic and there is a level where you have to outrun lava flows. I guess the main character being a rabbit sort of disqualifies it though.

Holy shit!!! This is exactly what I was thinking of!

I must've switched out a rabbit for a fox in my childhood memories.

bucky-nes8.png

This thread has never let me down. Amazing. Thanks!

It's fitting that there's Bucky O'Hare v Star Fox fanart in the Google Image results.

Holy shit!!! This is exactly what I was thinking of!

I must've switched out a rabbit for a fox in my childhood memories.

Oh, cool then. I thought it seemed suspiciously similar to the game you described. Even with what I'd like to consider a decent knowledge of the NES library there's still a metric crap ton of oddities I've never heard of, so I wasn't confident.

Tonedeff

Maybe ya'll can help me: there's this game i remember playing on my father's mac fucking years ago. It had police cars that would transform and you'd go around blasting shit. Honestly can't think of anything more than that, which is a shame, because this game has been bugging me for a decade at least.

Maybe ya'll can help me: there's this game i remember playing on my father's mac fucking years ago. It had police cars that would transform and you'd go around blasting shit. Honestly can't think of anything more than that, which is a shame, because this game has been bugging me for a decade at least.

Ehh, was it Future Cop LAPD?

Castef

Banned
I was looking for the title of a Bomberman arcade clone.

The main difference were the fantasy setting: players were warriors armed with a ball & chain weapon which could be used to break obstacles and lit bombs from afar.

4 players mode supported.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking for the title of a Bomberman arcade clone.

The main difference were the fantasy setting: players were warriors armed with a ball & chain weapon which could be used to break obstacles and lit bombs from afar.

4 players mode supported.

Thanks in advance.

Exvania?

For a friend.

-PC game
-Aztec or Inca style figurines
-Puzzle game, but not a match 3 game.
-Came out around the same time as Zuma
-Pretty sure not a PopCap or Big Fish game.

For a friend.

-PC game
-Aztec or Inca style figurines
-Puzzle game, but not a match 3 game.
-Came out around the same time as Zuma
-Pretty sure not a PopCap or Big Fish game.

I've no idea if it ever came out on PC, but it sounds a lot like and early Xbox Live Arcade game named Jewel Quest, which definitely hit the service at around the same time as Zuma.

LUXURY

Sega Saturn game where you played as a character that had a wind up knob on his back. I think he was a knight. Anyone know the name?

Dinjoralo

I remember hearing something about a tabletop RPG game where you could throw dice, and the characters were like figures, and there were really cool looking gifs. It's probably still in development, and I think it uses unreal 4 or unity engine. Definitely a PC game.

I remember hearing something about a tabletop RPG game where you could throw dice, and the characters were like figures, and there were really cool looking gifs. It's probably still in development, and I think it uses unreal 4 or unity engine. Definitely a PC game.

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain?

There was an Amiga gamr I played with my mom. The screen had this thing, I think it was the enemy that would go around I think the perimeter of the game board and you would try to box it in making the space it could traverse smaller and smaller. I can't remember what made the level end. Ring a bell to anyone?

Phediuk

There was an Amiga gamr I played with my mom. The screen had this thing, I think it was the enemy that would go around I think the perimeter of the game board and you would try to box it in making the space it could traverse smaller and smaller. I can't remember what made the level end. Ring a bell to anyone?

Qix

Comandr

Okay so I'm pulling my hair out trying to remember the name of this old PC game that I used to play sometime in maybe the early 2000s, late 1990s. It was an online PVP game, similar to Quake or Unreal Tournament, except with wizards.

I remember a handful of different classes, including a healer, a traditional "black mage" style character, and an assassin class. I think it was a capture the flag style game where you had to capture a "nexus." The game world was 3D, but other characters were sprites I believe. Or it was verrry early 3D.

Help me oldgaf, you're my only hope!

Top Bottom