• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

Shadow780

Here's one:

Played an arcade beat-em-up, you play as cyborg ninjas or something like that and can morph into enemies and use their moves (I think). The graphics are Neogeo level IIRC.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the name of that game that was released on the Genesis (I think, or around that era) that features a wizard inside a big dungeon and this wizard can beat up monsters and can die by getting eaten by a giant spider, falling down a hole, etc. The death scenes were sorta gory.

The game is hard because you have to always plan your path.

woodypop

ULTROS! said:
What's the name of that game that was released on the Genesis (I think, or around that era) that features a wizard inside a big dungeon and this wizard can beat up monsters and can die by getting eaten by a giant spider, falling down a hole, etc. The death scenes were sorta gory.

The game is hard because you have to always plan your path.
I never played it, but The Immortal?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
woodypop said:
I never played it, but The Immortal?

Yeah that's the one.

I love that game, it was disturbing but it was awesome.

Cardigan

I used to play a demo for a game on the PS1 where you were in a mansion or something, and you would lay down booby traps. I can't remember the damn name of the game. Anybody care to help me out?

woodypop

Shadow780 said:
Here's one:

Played an arcade beat-em-up, you play as cyborg ninjas or something like that and can morph into enemies and use their moves (I think). The graphics are Neogeo level IIRC.
Hmm...Sengoku comes to mind, but I forget if you actually morph into enemies as opposed to just other forms.

Shadow780

woodypop said:
Hmm...Sengoku comes to mind, but I forget if you actually morph into enemies as opposed to just other forms.

Thanks but no that's not it, it had better graphics, something like Sengoku 3, maybe not on a NeoGeo.

One of the stages I think was in a modern city (Tokyo perhaps). And you're fighting futuristic soldiers with armors, sorry it's all fuzzy at this moment.

But the morphing part I'm not mistaken.

Shadow780 said:
Thanks but no that's not it, it had better graphics, something like Sengoku 3, maybe not on a NeoGeo.

One of the stages I think was in a modern city (Tokyo perhaps). And you're fighting futuristic soldiers with armors, sorry it's all fuzzy at this moment.

But the morphing part I'm not mistaken.

Metamorphic Force?

Ok, this one is going to be really difficult. I've been trying to remember or find this game I saw once in some Arcades when I was like 10 years old and it's been impossible. Probably my memories are distorted and I'm making things up, but here's what I remember anyway.

It was a game where you played as a spy and one of the first levels you where scuba diving and killing sharks with a harpoon gun. Whenever you killed a shark they would start to float towards the surface while bleeding, it looked quite awesome back then! :lol
I remember also you could upgrade your weapon and it would turn golden and a voice would say something like "POWER UP!".

That's all I remember :/ HELP?

DeadTrees

bytesized said:
Ok, this one is going to be really difficult. I've been trying to remember or find this game I saw once in some Arcades when I was like 10 years old and it's been impossible. Probably my memories are distorted and I'm making things up, but here's what I remember anyway.

It was a game where you played as a spy and one of the first levels you where scuba diving and killing sharks with a harpoon gun. Whenever you killed a shark they would start to float towards the surface while bleeding, it looked quite awesome back then! :lol
I remember also you could upgrade your weapon and it would turn golden and a voice would say something like "POWER UP!".

That's all I remember :/ HELP?
Sly Spy?

Shadow780 said:
Here's one:

Ninja Combat?

pix

Whats that game on N64 with the giant blue robot boss, where you have to dodge his attacks for 5 mins before he opens his shell and you can attack him? You play as this animal with big pointy ears and a tail.

pix said:
Whats that game on N64 with the giant blue robot boss, where you have to dodge his attacks for 5 mins before he opens his shell and you can attack him? You play as this animal with big pointy ears and a tail.

do you remember the color of the animal?

Shadow780 said:
Thanks, but that's not it. It may not be a ninja but it's definitely something sci-fi-ish looking.

And press certain buttons/moves you can transform into enemy soldiers.

In Armored Warriors, you are mechs and can transform into other mechs by getting their parts. That's all I can think of now.

There's this old PC game I remember playing as a kid. It was set on moon, and the narration at the beginning of the game goes "Sometimes I get pissed Armstrong and Shepherd get all the credit"

I forgot the actual gameplay...I think it was strategy with action. It involved moon bases. Anyone know this? Older GAF?

theRizzle

RustyNails said:
There's this old PC game I remember playing as a kid. It was set on moon, and the narration at the beginning of the game goes "Sometimes I get pissed Armstrong and Shepherd get all the credit"

I forgot the actual gameplay...I think it was strategy with action. It involved moon bases. Anyone know this? Older GAF?

Battlezone?

pix

Ok this game is for PC, and it was a racing game with go karts. There was oil spots and boosters. This game is way old, had Mario Kart SNES type of graphics.

I used to play the HELL out of that game.

spats

pix said:
Ok this game is for PC, and it was a racing game with go karts. There was oil spots and boosters. This game is way old, had Mario Kart SNES type of graphics.

Wacky Wheels?

Wacky_wheels.png

I once played a PC RTS that I really enjoyed, but I just can't remember it's name.

I remember one of the buildings you could build was an Inn, there were air balloons, and I think it had a tech tree kinda like Civilization. Also I think there were seasons as I remember seeing snow. I once made a thread about it on GAF but no one knew what the game was.

pix said:

Skunny Kart?

Back when i was around 6 my bro swapped DKC2 for this game with his friend.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/shutdown202/save.jpg

All i remember was REALLY enjoying it and spending weekends playing it. I didnt get far but still loved it (got up to the part where a woman is collapsed in a jungle area). I found this picture a few days ago and felt really nostalgic. So does anyone know what it is? I really hope it doesnt turn out to be some crappy game.

Then there was also another game i played around the same time. Loved it to death etc etc. Around 2005 i found out that game i loved was.........Super Metroid.

mclem

ShutDown202 said:
Back when i was around 6 my bro swapped DKC2 for this game with his friend.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/shutdown202/save.jpg

All i remember was REALLY enjoying it and spending weekends playing it. I didnt get far but still loved it (got up to the part where a woman is collapsed in a jungle area). I found this picture a few days ago and felt really nostalgic. So does anyone know what it is? I really hope it doesnt turn out to be some crappy game.

That's Flashback, and you can rest easy: it's awesome.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok GAF. I used to play this Jurassic Park game on my Windows 98 PC. It was in the top down view and you could get dinosaur eggs and use them to fight for you. That's about all I can remember.

Anyone?

Metiphis

A Japanese only Super Nintendo game about a little robot boy that you punished or rewarded based on his actions. He would learn behavior kind of like the monsters in Black and White. You had to guide him through various one-screen areas, doing tasks to move forward.

The game had INSANE graphics for a SNES game.

DTJAAAAM

Metiphis said:
A Japanese only Super Nintendo game about a little robot boy that you punished or rewarded based on his actions. He would learn behavior kind of like the monsters in Black and White. You had to guide him through various one-screen areas, doing tasks to move forward.

The game had INSANE graphics for a SNES game.

Wonder Project J.

Kukumalu

It's a PC game and I remember very little of it.
It had something to do with aliens and UFO's in some way and you played with a duck like character I think.
I remember a scene in a car with some dice that you could then pick up and then there was a bar and you could use the Jukebox.
I also remember a scene in a barn and I think you had to find a needle in an haystack and the duck like character jumped inside it in order to find the needle.

It's a really vague description but I really can't remember that much.
Thanks

mclem

Kukumalu said:
It's a PC game and I remember very little of it.
It had something to do with aliens and UFO's in some way and you played with a duck like character I think.
I remember a scene in a car with some dice that you could then pick up and then there was a bar and you could use the Jukebox.
I also remember a scene in a barn and I think you had to find a needle in an haystack and the duck like character jumped inside it in order to find the needle.

It's a really vague description but I really can't remember that much.
Thanks

Gnap?

Top Bottom