• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop 11/1-11/14: 50% off PS HD Collections

Further justification to avoid shopping at GameStop. Random deals for random PUR memebers is just obnoxious.

You do realize that the PS3 coupon from a year ago was Sony's doing? Gamestop was given a limited number of them and it was based on certain sales. Best Buy has Silver Premiere and Amazon has Prime, so it's not an even playing ground anywhere.

Relax, life will go on.

D6AMIA6N

Totally relaxed, but not really a deal if only some people can get it. I still appreciate you posting the info.

You do realize that the PS3 coupon from a year ago was Sony's doing? Gamestop was given a limited number of them and it was based on certain sales. Best Buy has Silver Premiere and Amazon has Prime, so it's not an even playing ground anywhere.

Relax, life will go on.

Ponn

Banned

Relax, life will go on.

Nobody put a gun to Gamestops head. And they have done this before. It lowers the inherit value of a paid subscription when the deals are to random people regardless of paid status or not. At least with Amazon Prime I know i'm going to get the same promotions or treatment as everyone else.

I relaxed after the PS3 fiasco and moved on. I cancelled my paid PUR subscription. Glad I did now knowing they keep this crap up.

Dreweyes

Just called a GameStop. The lady tried ringing a game up and it wouldn't accept the 50% off deal.
She also said they didn't receive any email about this sale, but said that their might be some sort of coupon floating around.

Just called a GameStop. The lady tried ringing a game up and it wouldn't accept the 50% off deal.
She also said they didn't receive any email about this sale, but said that their might be some sort of coupon floating around.

It amazes me how many people do not read paperwork.

KalBalboa

Banned
Well, it's early in the day and the coupons seem to be rolling out (at least on CAG), so people should just check their coupons regularly.

G0523

I have the coupon. I find it odd that I didn't get any email about it or anything like that. It's just...there.

I'll be sure to use it on R&C, Infamous, and Journey though! :D

Can you use it for online orders? I see that the Team Ico collection can be ordered online and picked up at the store.

let me check the fine print... i'm hitting gamestop at lunch personally.

Purchase 1 or more Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection SKU: 270705, Jak and Daxter Collection T25 SKU: 271076, Ratchet & Clank Collection T25 SKU: 271110, Journey CE SKU: 271198, God of War Saga T25 SKU: 271239, Infamous 1 & 2 Pack MVC T25 SKU: 271240 or Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount . GameStop loyalty card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12.

so, i'm not sure then. gut says no, based on the bit where it says 'selection may vary by store'.

Toki767

I have the coupon. It just shows up in my Active Deals. Not sure I want to use it though. I guess Jak & Daxter for $10 would be worth it though.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a pro membership and i've spent about $150 on games and accessories using my card in the last 30 to 45 days at gamestop. where's my fucking coupon! not seeing it on the site or in my inbox. :/

gamestop opens in 50 minutes and it's only 3 blocks away. i was hoping to make my morning. guess not

Well, shit.

I was getting ready to head out and I'm glad I checked this thread one last time before I did.

Now I get to wait around for a coupon that may or may not come. Nice.

Eusis

Guess I just have to hope for a coupon, then grab the Ico collection. The others were far lower on the priority list than that, even if over half of the GoW collection is mostly new to me.

Mit-

From CAG:
kin9x said:
Just got off the phone with Powerup Rewards customer service, and they told me that this promotion is only applicable to people "who spend lots of money on Sony products and games".

Sounds like bullshit to me, not to mention illegal?

Contacting regular customer service now.
The correlation seems to be everyone who purchased a new-slim PS3 is getting this coupon.

lol @ illegal. It's not illegal to offer deals and benefits to some of your customers (Rewards members) but it is illegal to offer deals and benefits to only some of your Rewards members? They can offer deals to whoever they want.

Ponn

Banned
From CAG:

The correlation seems to be everyone who purchased a new-slim PS3 is getting this coupon.

lol @ illegal. It's not illegal to offer deals and benefits to some of your customers (Rewards members) but it is illegal to offer deals and benefits to only some of your Rewards members? They can offer deals to whoever they want.

I wouldn't trust in that. They said something similar for that PS3 coupon saying it was only sent to those who bought a lot of Sony stuff. I had been PSP/PS3 only for a whole year before that and got nadda. The people that receive these coupons are all over the board, there never seems to be a rhyme or reason.

saelz8

God of War Saga doesn't come with 3 discs, unfortunately. God of War Origins Collection is a Download Code. Personally, I'd buy them separately, to get them all on a disc. If you don't mind that, then go for it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like a pretty standard post for CAG. Surprised he didn't call it a "bait & switch," they love that one.

Well I went to GS and they weren't on sale. Thanks for wasting my gas money jerk. (My GS just really sucks...but still...)

Yep, guess main post should be updated. Coupon is required and UPC/code varies from person.
So you need a printer too use this? Guess I'm out. So much for those two $10 collections :/

Fucking gamestop....

Well I went to GS and they weren't on sale. Thanks for wasting my gas money jerk. (My GS just really sucks...but still...)

So you need a printer too use this? Guess I'm out. So much for those two $10 collections :/

Fucking gamestop....

not his fault you didn't call ahead, you said it yourself, your GS really sucks.

Mit-

Fucking gamestop....

All you need is the coupon code. You can write it manually, speak it, pull it up on your phone, whatever.

fernoca

Can't read the whole thread while on my phone. What's this whole coupon business?
To get advantage of this offer, you need a coupon. Said coupon appears on their site, listed under 'Active Offers' (i.e. you're not informed you have it or anything).

At the moment seems to b sent to random members of GameStop PowerUp card (that apparnetly spent a good amount of money on Sony products).

Still, the offer is util November 14; so you can wait to see if you randomly get the coupon by then. Or maybe like with the PS3 coupon form some time ago, other people will either give away their coupons...or sell/trade them. :p

Mit-

It sounds like the criteria is spending a large amount of money on Sony products on a single transaction (such as a console sale), or probably just buying a system from the new Sony console category within a certain past date range.

Also CAG is exploding. People there are hilarious. Amazing how entitled they feel to a single coupon meant to reward customers of a certain criteria, that was not advertised by GameStop in any way, nor implied to ever be available to all PUR members (except by that asshole who made this thread :V ).

BUT I PAY $15 A YEAR AND HAVE 7 BAJILLION POINTS >:V

EDIT: from CAG:

mm2barry said:
I just got off of the phone with the stellar customer support service that Gamestop contracts. They said that Sony sent these coupons randomly to Gamestop customers based on spending habits on Sony products. No matter how much you spent on Sony stuff, it was still random. The only qualifier was that you did spend money on Sony. Me? I don't buy too much PS stuff (or anything else from GS) because we all find better deals elsewhere, so I'm not going to get one of these.
There will not be any more of these coupons sent out, so if you're waiting...stop.
Sounds like if you didn't get the coupon in your PUR account by now, you aren't getting a coupon :(

I haven't done a big Sony purchase in ages actually, so I have no idea what the criteria might be. Uncharted 3 was the last Sony anything I bought.

anyway...
A6tAf.jpg

thanks to the OP for bringing this coupon to my attention, even if he didn't know it was a coupon.

Top Bottom