• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop 11/1-11/14: 50% off PS HD Collections

Dragun619

Man, This is the deal I was waiting for. I was gonna buy 3 collections at Target B2G1 free but now I'll go to gamestop instead.
Went in earlier today to get a free card, but apparently I'm already a member when they put in my Phone #, so looks like I'm set to buy most of these.

I'm assuming
51b4pBj-rmL.jpg
this doesn't count. It's $60 on amazon, which basically makes GOW saga $20 if you factor in the $40 DS3.

Nope, those bundle skus are not listed.

netguy503

Do Journey and/or GOW Saga still include the one month of Plus free? If so that's a pretty sweet deal. Can't believe no one's asked that yet.

Agent X

Those are some rather wild deals! I'd be interested in getting the Journey Collector's Edition, primarily for the bonus content (as I've already got Journey, as well as flOw and Flower). I'm not really into "HD collections", particularly when I've already got the original PS2 versions of almost all of the games that are in these packs, but at only $10-$15 I might consider getting one.

corn_fest

Ah, and they've pulled the $5 off purchase and $10 off purchase PUR coupons from their reward catalog. Excellent timing, GameStop.

KalBalboa

Banned
I already own so many of these!

Killzone Trilogy is mine tomorrow. Anyone wondering which collections to get should grab the Jak & Daxter trilogy, God of War Saga, and Ico/Shadow HD collections first. I mean, christ, you could get all TEN of those amazing games for $40.

God of War
God of War II
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War III
God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Jak & Daxter
Jak II
Jak 3

Ico
Shadow of the Colossus

$40.

NFreak

Oh damn, definitely gonna pick up Ico & SotC and possibly the Infamous Collection. The GoW Collection is a hell of a deal as well. I'd get more if I had the money to spend.

I've heard talk that this requires a unique coupon code to receive the discount. That kind of throws a wrench in the plans. Is this true?

Picking Ratchet and Clank and maybe Journey, but I already have both Flow and Flower...

These are the two I'm planning to pick up as well. I preordered Journey from PS+ and also own flOw and flower. I still want the disc. Journey is a very polarized game; it seems you either like it or you don't. At half price, you could easily get most/all of your money back if you fall under the latter.

I'm still thinking about Jak & Daxter. At only $10, I'm probably gonna buy it. Everything else I already have (except Infamous 2 and Killzone 1).

Thanks. I just logged into my basic/free PowerUp Rewards account that I signed up for 11/26/2011 and it says "There are no Active Offers at this time." I hope I can participate in the sale.
I wasn't confirming anything. >_> If it's limited to existing members I'm out of luck. You should get the deal eventually, based off of people at CAG already having access to it.

fernoca

Yep, guess main post should be updated. Coupon is required and UPC/code varies from person.

Save 50% on select Sony Collections (Must Present Coupon for Discount)

Purchase 1 or more Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection SKU: 270705, Jak and Daxter Collection T25 SKU: 271076, Ratchet & Clank Collection T25 SKU: 271110, Journey CE SKU: 271198, God of War Saga T25 SKU: 271239, Infamous 1 & 2 Pack MVC T25 SKU: 271240 or Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount . GameStop loyalty card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12.

fernoca

So they're going to email us some coupons?
On the site, should appear on 'Active Offers' any moment between now and November 14.

You print the coupon and take that to the store. Coupons seem to be unique, so (unless it is confirmed otherwise during the day) it can only be used in one transaction (i.e. no "print a coupon to buy Killzone today and print another coupon to get Ratchet tomorrow", etc.).

D6AMIA6N

Thread title is misleading as you do need some ridiculous coupon to get the sale price. I do not have the coupon listed in my active offers, nor do many on CAG who are interested in the deal. GameStop comes through again!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
On the site, should appear on 'Active Offers' any moment between now and November 14.

You print the coupon and take that to the store. Coupons seem to be unique, so (unless it is confirmed otherwise during the day) it can only be used in one transaction (i.e. no "print a coupon to buy Killzone today and print another coupon to get Ratchet tomorrow", etc.).

Cool, just looked and saw nothing. I'd expect them to update it later on, but will definitely be taking advantage as soon as I get the chance.

D6AMIA6N

I don't see the sale advertised and CAG members are indicating that there is indeed a coupon needed to take advantage of the deal. We won't know for sure until stores open though.

D6AMIA6N

It may be an in store only thing, so reserve judgment until stores open and we can confirm, but why they wouldn't advertise this anywhere is strange. GameStop site makes no mention, and prices are still MSRP. Not looking good.

Ponn

Banned
I wasn't confirming anything. >_> If it's limited to existing members I'm out of luck. You should get the deal eventually, based off of people at CAG already having access to it.

Nope, as in not even exclusive to paid PUR members, totally random. That's why I hate GS and their PUR bullshit. Like those PS3 coupons from a year or so ago they do random shit like this instead. Incredibly unfair, especially for paid members.

Ah you need a coupon, thought it would be you scan your card to get the discount

I'll check but I have a free so I doubt I'll have a coupon, bummer :(

I have the coupon printed and on my desk now. It was listed under 'Active Offers'. I am buying the shit out of some of these collections on my lunch break. Glad I waited to pick these up!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I have the coupon printed and on my desk now. It was listed under 'Active Offers'. I am buying the shit out of some of these collections on my lunch break. Glad I waited to pick these up!

Can you use it for online orders? I see that the Team Ico collection can be ordered online and picked up at the store.

Necrovex

Not a paid member, and I don't see any coupon in my active offers either. I expected that, but it's still sad worthy.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If I get this, I'll go buy the God of War, Team Ico, Killzone, Infamous and Jak and Daxter collections. I may get the Journey one later.

Sucks that the Resistance collection isn't included in this, though.

Celegus

Hm, the coupon thing kind of kills it. I don't have their membership thingy, and by the time I would sign up and the hope for a coupon to show up, I'm sure the sale would already be over or GS would be sold out of the game I wanted. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom