• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Managers Conference: Who's There?

FiOSGuy

Collateral Damage Tag :P
Reason why I won't post exactly what I saw ....

But it was VERY INTENSE!

Predator type of monsters everywhere!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm still shocked nothing more has come out about Ted's presentation yet... though I heard from a couple journalists and Gamestop managers who were very impressed.

thuway

jstevenson said:
I'm still shocked nothing more has come out about Ted's presentation yet... though I heard from a couple journalists and Gamestop managers who were very impressed.
I don't think you guys know how hyped you've made me after listening to the last Full Moon Show. The promise that the game will look like the Game Informer scans has me salivating. The lighting, the atmosphere, the organic essence of it all- jeeze.

Pacman2k

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm surprised that game companies don't hate gamestop with a passion. Gamestop must have some serious voodoo.

As a company I am not very fond of GS, especially since they just shafted me on my Warhammer Online pre-order. And that's just personally. I'm not going to touch the whole used game cycle vs. the game industry thing.

However, that doesn't prevent them from hiring some pretty cool people who are knowledgeable and can keep a drunk developer like me entertained.

Ploid 3.0

thuway said:
I don't think you guys know how hyped you've made me after listening to the last Full Moon Show. The promise that the game will look like the Game Informer scans has me salivating. The lighting, the atmosphere, the organic essence of it all- jeeze.

Yea me too. That last fullmoon show got me sky high hyped for Nov04. I need media to quench the R2 thirst.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jstevenson said:
Yeah, but I'm in the middle of Twin Falls right now and I'd rather play it... :lol :lol :lol
Nothing some hot grease can't pry out of you!

On a side note, pre-ordered this yesterday. Giddy lke a school girl in autumn/wtf :O

thuway

25 more minutes till that Psuedo-E3 - Gamestop exclusive Press Conference. I swear, I've been beating the drum of R2 information the last two days and all we've got is a few vague responses. If this was posted on any other forum, I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone.

Clinton514

jstevenson said:
:lol I'm not sure why I even jumped into this thread, I'm putting myself on a R2 media blackout. After knowing about the collectors edition, I'd say I'm good until I get my hands on the game. But this cover story you mentioned has me intrigued.

Somnia

jstevenson said:

My boss's phone died on him out there and he forgot his charger, but he sent me a text after the video (and mind you he is a 360 fanboy) and all he would say is "FUCKING GLORIOUS! 160GB IS MINE WHEN IT COMES OUT....if my wife actually lets me spend money" :lol I am so mad at him right now :D

thuway

Somnia said:
My boss's phone died on him out there and he forgot his charger, but he sent me a text after the video (and mind you he is a 360 fanboy) and all he would say is "FUCKING GLORIOUS! 160GB IS MINE WHEN IT COMES OUT....if my wife actually lets me spend money" :lol I am so mad at him right now :D
:D :D :D :D

DrPirate

Banned
Somnia said:

Hype + 9000

I can't wait to see the new version of Resistance. Everyone knows Insomniac puts final polish at the end of the dev cycle. I can't wait.

Somnia

Sad thing is his wife will not let him spend the money trust me :lol Not until taxes next year at least. The bastard is going to want to play it on my PS3 I know it

thuway

Somnia said:
Sad thing is his wife will not let him spend the money trust me :lol Not until taxes next year at least. The bastard is going to want to play it on my PS3 I know it
Paging Kadey and her 350 dollar PS3. Jesus, I'm still shocked no one on GAF has jumped on that.

Baconmonk

The Street Fighter 4 console sticks were there (sadly, I'm not).

The "premium" version will use the same parts as the japanese arcades are right now. That said, I'm not entirely sure what the "regular" version would have, or why they feel to need to have 2 SKUs for arcade sticks.

Either way, I should know more later tonight...

Pacman2k said:
I was in Vegas at Mandalay Bay over the weekend just to hang out and bet on the UFC event and get drunk and play cards, etc.

Lot of GS people at the tables, and once I let slip I worked at Insomniac, the gloves always came off and the R2 questions started flying.

It was a good weekend.

Luckily for me, even large amounts of gin doesn't get me to start breaking NDA. :p

You Gamestop people are all right. High 5.
Managers didnt arrive until Sunday.. so you probably got DMs or.. Corporate.

EDIT: Square didnt have a big presentation.. they had there normal training room.

Blizzard closes the show tomorrow.

Baconmonk said:

The "premium" version will use the same parts as the japanese arcades are right now. That said, I'm not entirely sure what the "regular" version would have, or why they feel to need to have 2 SKUs for arcade sticks.

Probably some Happ parts (or Chinese clones) for the Regular edition?

I'm surprised and excited they're going J-style with the premium stick. Awesome, especially if they're really Sanwa or Seimitsu parts.

Keep us informed!

Baconmonk

Yeah, I should find out later tonight exact brands later tonight also.... still, a step up from my modded Hori stick I have now, and I really don't want to spend the money importing a stick or getting a custom done.

Also, the Capcom guys were a little too nervous when Marvel vs Capcom 3 was asked about... Something like "we talk and we get fired" type nervous. Not much to go on sure, but expressions say more than words sometimes :D .

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Baconmonk said:

Now now, I don't think you should post any info that could get you in trouble ;)

Kagari said:
So they just had stuff coming out for the rest of this year?
They have tons of training rooms a day.. they may have mentioned all that KH stuff just in 1.. as opposed to everyone. So who knows.. take it with a grain of salt I would say.

Baconmonk

MarkMan said:
Now now, I don't think you should post any info that could get you in trouble ;)

Like I said, I'm not there, so I'm not entirely sure what would "get me in trouble" about posting some heresay about what may or may not have happened in vegas.... ;)

Kittonwy

Banned
So no R2 info?
angry.gif

Nizz

Somnia said:
Jesus Christ, I just had to read this post! ;)

Somnia

thuway said:
I've zeroed in on this thread for more R2 info. Somnia had to tempt me with his manager's comments. Someone gets to stepping.

I know how you feel man...how do you think I feel to get a text from him and then nothing but a phone call the next day on his roommates phone to tell me his is dead...evil evil twisted boss

Captain N

Resistance 2 - there was some sort of a forest level that wasn't shown to anyone else...Ted showed off some weapons and some different enemies. they handed out R2 beta codes

Rock Band 2 - EA was giving away this to everyone there..so the game is in hands of managers thanks to EA!

Fight Night Round 4 - An all new physics engine and hundreds of new impact points. It looks better than Fight Night Round 3, but nothing mind blowing.

Captain N said:
Resistance 2 - there was some sort of a forest level that wasn't shown to anyone else...Ted showed off some weapons and some different enemies. they handed out R2 beta codes

Rock Band 2 - EA was giving away this to everyone there..so the game is in hands of managers thanks to EA!

Fight Night Round 4 - An all new physics engine and hundreds of new impact points. It looks better than Fight Night Round 3, but nothing mind blowing.
Wait so all the managers got closed beta code for R2? Also did they just 1 or more for his staff? I want in on the beta 8(.

thuway

Captain N said:

How did Resistance 2 look? Multiple posts have mentioned intensity and have hinted at a graphical polish that we've all yet to see. Did you happen to see anything of that nature?

Top Bottom