• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Lair **New** "HD" clips

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
OMG did part three just go live?
banner.gif

KTallguy

Banned
It's funny because the fire doesn't bother me that much, but hmmm. What's an example of a game with great 3d fire? I thought Lost Planet had great fire though. :)

But anyway, awesome new vid, the seamlessness of the combat is really awesome looking. I was surprised how much better it looked, much more like GOW2.

Also, the multiplier system looks great, so it'll encourage people to kill with the physicality instead of just using fire all the time.

"The Music of Lair" has a lot more cutscenes and gameplay that we haven't seen before.

Ploid 3.0

I was just about to ask if the music of lair was new. Nice stuff haha can't wait for this game now. Wasn't expecting to want this at all dang.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
It looks to me like the build Gametrailers got to see is a later one than the direct feed videos from IGN. The effects look a bit different (better but still naff!).

Game looks like a lot of fun though!

Thunderbear said:
It looks to me like the build Gametrailers got to see is a later one than the direct feed videos from IGN. The effects look a bit different (better but still naff!).

In the IGN build when you burn a foe in a one on one battle, the fire effects dynamically lights up the dragons. In this developer walk through, the fire balls aren't dynamic but they do look a little better

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG

The best video posted today is MUSIC OF LAIR

Amazing cutscene graphics and FANTASTIC music!!!! I'm so ****ing pumped for this now!!

Amazing amazing conceptual art!!!!

holy poop! It's so good! And the graphics of the civilizations!!!!

Ploid 3.0

I like how the say it's not a f1 fighter or something. It's a dragon, and they put in fire as a after thought because they kinda had to. I can see it now, people posting youtube videos of insanely high combo chains. Like the robots that do dmc videos (not that this is close to dmc's fast combos). He also described it as a fighter :\ Can't wait to try this or more videos.

Doom_Bringer said:
In the IGN build when you burn a foe in a one on one battle, the fire effects dynamically lights up the dragons. In this developer walk through, the fire balls aren't dynamic but they do look a little better
What sounds awesome is that the fire actually sticks to stuff and burns it! Julian Eggebrecht said it in the second dev vid.

I think the fire will look better in the final game, maybe Factor Five will show it again at E3. Or does the game ship before E3? :O

Gametrailers said:
Release Date: N/A

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Doom_Bringer said:

Didn't really look to me like they were getting dynamically lit but rather someone cranked up the ambient/self illumination when they get impacted. I could be wrong though but yeah, I think it looks better now too.

Ceb

The musical score immediately evokes memories of SotC. Sounds great, looks great - I'd still like a confirmation on the real-time status of those cutscenes. :D

Skilletor

This game looks and sounds amazing. The only complaint I have is with that the "machine gun" fire of the just seems strange. But that's nitpicking.

good to have you back ssx :D return of the gif man!

that evil pope guy in the red dress looked awesome but i am not seeing any babes with giant boobies which is disappointing

satterfield

BIGTIME TV MOGUL
mr_nothin said:
Hmmm how many exactly?
Also, do you know if the 'gameplay videos' and the 'walkthrough videos' are from the same build or is the dev interview one from a newer build? There seems to be a pretty big difference in quality.

Also, will the other videos (not the dev walkthrough one) be from the same 'build' as the walkthrough video or are they more of the same of what we've already seen?

I see you guys already figured out that there's new stuff up. There's still more to come as well.

There's really no way for us to know which build all the footage has been taken from. The gameplay was sent to us, but the walkthroughs, music feature, etc. was all taken from a presentation that Factor 5 gave the press, but again, no way of knowing if the builds were the same.

alterego

Dev vid 3 is too dark to make anything out but the combat looks interesting.
Holy crap at the music of Lair video - the production values on this thing is insane and that sweeping shot over the waterfall is :O

Raist

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
good to have you back ssx :D return of the gif man!

that evil pope guy in the red dress looked awesome but i am not seeing any babes with giant boobies which is disappointing

Well, in fact, the only females in Lair are the dragons.

See now why all the dudes seem to be sour ?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
satterfield said:
I see you guys already figured out that there's new stuff up. There's still more to come as well.

There's really no way for us to know which build all the footage has been taken from. The gameplay was sent to us, but the walkthroughs, music feature, etc. was all taken from a presentation that Factor 5 gave the press, but again, no way of knowing if the builds were the same.

I mean more than Dev walkthrough 3?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The problem with the fire effects seems to be a general problem with their particle system. They're using the same basic effects for the "breath" from the giant lighthouse and the explosions.

satterfield said:

Awesome:D

captive said:
mods have to do it.
That would explain some of the hilarious thread titles:lol

szaromir

Banned
kaching said:
The problem with the fire effects seems to be a general problem with their particle system. They're using the same basic effects for the "breath" from the giant lighthouse and the explosions.
And for water splashing.

teiresias

Why, exactly, are GT forced to post camcorder second-hand vids of these things? I can understand the dev walkthrough is someone playing and someone at the presentation talking, but the "Music of Lair" is a full demonstration video, you'd think Factor 5 could have provided them with a direct feed version of that.

pswii60

The new night video (part 3) is awesome. Loving the lighting effects with the lightning and the overall spectacle in the sky, there seems to be stuff lit up and flying everwhere. Looks truly amazing. Can't wait :)

My PS3 purchase is becoming more and more justified by the day. Sony seem to be going for Hollywood-style production this gen, having watched the HS Weta video and now the music video for this.

John Debney also scored "Elf" (the Will Farrell movie), and this is something I've been looking forward to hearing since I read he was composing the soundtrack. Amazing stuff.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
teiresias said:
Why, exactly, are GT forced to post camcorder second-hand vids of these things? I can understand the dev walkthrough is someone playing and someone at the presentation talking, but the "Music of Lair" is a full demonstration video, you'd think Factor 5 could have provided them with a direct feed version of that.

And put them up on PSN right?

teiresias

antiloop said:
This looks like a video sequence though. Still nice. :)

Watching the video it's quite obviously a real-time sequence, though probably a cut-scene the dragon model looks just like the gameplay one so I doubt it's any higher quality than anything else.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
szaromir said:
Yes its is real-time:D
To be fair, it's a cutscene, so it doesn't necessarily mean it is, even if it appears to be using in-game assets. I don't think Lair cutscenes are supposed to be realtime (for the most part the look better than the gameplay footage in terms of lighting and framerate at least)

I'd say the artifacts in the motion blur probably mean that one is in fact realtime though, and it's really impressive looking indeed.

JB1981

Holy production values!

I never thought this game was going to be this epic.

I still can't imagine what God of War 3 is going to be like. :lol

PS3's a beast.

Btw, i wonder how big this game is going to be. 18gb or something?

Top Bottom