• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gamingbolt: Xbox One sales at 26 million"

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

How many times are you going to spout this bullshit? PS4 has sold more outside of the US and UK combined than in it. If XB1 had done the same - guess what? It would be even with the PS4. Amazing how that works!

This isn't even close to the first time you've made this claim, and, as demonstrated by your repeated engagement in threads in which you've both made this claim and been corrected on it, this isn't a matter of ignorance. You're deliberately choosing to ignore reality.

It's a rather shameful look for someone claiming to be a journalist. Your institution is fundamentally about discerning and separating truth from fiction, but you'd apparently rather embrace the latter for lord knows what purpose.
damn...I didn't know he was one of those posters. I will refrain from trying to inform people who aren't looking to be informed.

Mr Swine

Banned
So it's most likely that Xbone will be around 50-60 million when the next gen consoles come out or will Scorpio be the next gen Xbox?

JlNX

I don't know about you guys but I often go with Zhuge's numbers, he's been the most accurate i've seen with console estimate's. Tho, he probably has access to private numbers. I think he still had the Xbone ahead of the 360, I would be far more inclined to go with his numbers over Superdata's given the track record between the two.

Fedelias

2407970-2290299078-13543.jpg

Hirai is going to come on the 2017 E3 stage with slide again.

Can you believe this was an actual slide in an actual E3 presser? Man times have changed.

The sheer arrogance of this picture always gets me

Like, their bragging was totally justified tbh, but god damn

Hopefully nobody else tries to push out an nsa spybox, no used games, no-fun-allowed console ever again. Xbone has made a great turnaround from that disaster of an unveiling but it paid a huge price for it.

JlNX

So it's most likely that Xbone will be around 50-60 million when the next gen consoles come out or will Scorpio be the next gen Xbox?

Well if Microsofts plan works then there won't be another generation, which a constantly building number till they drop one of their active "devices."

OmahaG8

Tangential thought - I don't think it gets mentioned a lot, but I think the 360 numbers were only as good as they were because of the RRoD fiasco. I bought three 360's that gen and ended with 1 functioning unit. I know I'm not alone. Meanwhile, my 60GB PS3 is still kicking.

Humdinger

I recall calculating the ratio between Sony and MS global sales, a couple years ago. That was back when MS was still giving out numbers. The ratio was 1.8 to 1, at that point. I remember specifically, because lots of people were saying "2 to 1," so we tried to look at the numbers and get a precise estimate, to figure out if that was true. It was a slight exaggeration -- the actual ratio was more like 1.8 to 1.

If these numbers are correct, the ratio is now 2.1 to 1. Meaning that, over time, the ratio has increased -- i.e., Sony is outselling Xbox by a slightly wider margin than it was in the early years. Which is kind of surprising, given how badly damaged the Xbox was in the early years and how aggressively they've tried to turn things around. You'd expect that the ratio would've decreased, not increased.

Of course, I don't know that these numbers are accurate. As Welfare says,

Let's wait for someone like EA or Ubisoft to comment on the current gen install base. SuperData has the PS4 at 55M and we know it is actually 53.4M. SuperData could be just as off with XB1.

Kssio_Aug

scorpio may change things

I hope it boosts things a little, but I don't know. Just for the sake of comparison how is PS4 Pro doing? Cause I don't see much point in neither of them tbh. I think it will probably boost the sales for 2~3 months considerably, but then it may stagnate again if they don't bring some interesting games with it.

Reg

Banned
Not too bad considering that awful launch, imo (could be worse lol).
Also, no matter what that one poster says, world wide sales do matter.

Okay, but the rest of the world isn't anything to shout about, marketwise. It's always weird to me when people bring this up. The US alone is the biggest market (not counting China, but we're talking console sales, and most of China's money is mobile/PC iirc) by a huge margin. The other markets combined barely make a dent in that.

"But it didn't do well in the rest of the world" is literally a meaningless statement.

So... where is it?
This is the same logic Microsoft uses. How's that working for them?

NHale

So if the rest of the world doesn't really matter, and the PS4 is beating the XB1 by about ~2-3 million in the US last I checked, then how is the PS4 over double the XB1.

Of course it doesn't matter because like the name says it's "the rest". Nobody cares about "the rest". We care about the best and that is the US of A and the Great United Kingdom. The rest is meaningless. Nothing happens in those "rest" 5 countries which I believe are China (mobile dude), Japan (who cares about Japanese games though?), the Eurozone, Russia and ISIS (I bet they don't buy consoles on that country and if they do they don't buy the All-In-One entertainment system because of hartred of America!!!)

And your opinion doesn't matter and if you insist, I will go to twitter and make posts about how I owned Sony GAF with my superior opinion and superb mathematics and geography knowledge.

I wonder how the next generation is going to go. You would figure all Sony has to do is not shit the bed, and they have the next gen locked down.

But who the fuck knows.

I think if Sony comes out with PS5 at $399, good power, and MOST IMPORTANTLY backwards compatibility with at least PS4, then they'll probably be #1 again.

Every generation is like a reset button for the consoles. Leaders always seem to shift wildly.

The interesting thing though is ecosystem and digital games. Previously, if you were switching to a different console, you could sell your physical games and move somewhere else. But I would guess digital makes up a huge portion of game ownership now. I wonder how easy it is for people to move to another console that has none of their purchases.

Hmmm, we'll see.

People thought Sony was going to leave the console business before this gen started. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo takes back the crown next gen at this point.

Okay, but the rest of the world isn't anything to shout about, marketwise. It's always weird to me when people bring this up. The US alone is the biggest market (not counting China, but we're talking console sales, and most of China's money is mobile/PC iirc) by a huge margin. The other markets combined barely make a dent in that.

"But it didn't do well in the rest of the world" is literally a meaningless statement.

So... where is it?

LOL...sony has sold what 20 million in the US but is at 55 million WW, what does that tell you? The rest over the world > US by a good margin. How is that "Meaningless" Your post is so ignorant it hurts. Do you not know how big Europe and the rest of the world are or something?

This is the same logic Microsoft uses. How's that working for them?
Do you really think that is the logic MS uses? lol. Microsoft is going to hype and market where they are strong, which is NA. They would love to sell better globally, but they also aren't stupid. It's not logic, it's business.

scorpio may change things

I dont get what people are saying when they say this. How is a higher priced system that might be $499 or more, going to help the xbox one s sales to reach the ps4? i dont get it.

And you guys do know that by the time S scorpio comes out the ps4 will be at 199 that black friday right?.....Right?

Top Bottom