• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gamingbolt: Xbox One sales at 26 million"

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Seriously I think Microsoft has lost any hope for the xbox one.
Xbox Two (aka project scorpio) is coming.

dankir

2407970-2290299078-13543.jpg

Hirai is going to come on the 2017 E3 stage with slide again.

Can you believe this was an actual slide in an actual E3 presser? Man times have changed.

Lol that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a corporate slide deck. Console wars lol.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Lol that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a corporate slide deck. Console wars lol.

They really are gamers after all.

N.Domixis

Banned
It's going sell at the same rate maybe even worse. Its still the same box that plays the same games but prettier. No exclusives. When Scorpio launches all the other consoles could be a 100 dollars cheaper.

So, we get some pretty decent numbers on Xbox One sales and now its doom and gloom? No one should be happy unless its delusion or NA only? Isnt every xbox thread turned into this every single day now?

Congratulations to MS and Xbox One success.

See...was that so hard? ;)

Fox_Mulder

But the thing is the Scorpio isn't an "Xbox Two", but a souped up Xbox One, like what the Pro is for the PS4.

I highly doubt it.
In my opinion is an xbox two with backward compatibility.

Breakage

Scorpio will save the day for MS. Scorpio will revolutionise gaming when it is unleashed upon the masses. Eyes will explode. It's gonna be so good.

bionic77

What a huge contraction for gaming from last gen to this one. The only system trending up seems to be the PS4.

Is this the bottom or will the trend continue?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So, we get some pretty decent numbers on Xbox One sales and now its doom and gloom? No one should be happy unless its delusion or NA only? Isnt every xbox thread turned into this every single day now?

Congratulations to MS and Xbox One success.

See...was that so hard? ;)

Sales thread. Also a grade-D derail with a dumb post, it was to be expected.

Unknown?

Scorpio will save the day for MS. Scorpio will revolutionise gaming when it is unleashed upon the masses. Eyes will explode. It's gonna be so good.
Lol I love people who actually think this. Titanfall, no kinect, Halo, Xbox One S, etc. They need games if they want any hope of doing anything outside the US.

EvB

What makes it worse if you look at Jan 2006 to end of 2008 and compare Jan 2014 to end of 2016.

The Xbox One launch masks the reality a bit more as 360 had a very slow launch in 2005

The 360 had huge supply issues for months , you were unable to buy one in a shop easily for several months after launch

bitbydeath

So what's the numbers breakdown?

I heard someone said earlier 20M US for PS4 so would it be?

19M - US?
4M - UK?
3M - Rest of the world?

Fox_Mulder

Unless Microsoft is lying again.

They have a good record on lying.
The exclusives will come. Maybe not the first year or two but I can totally see it.

timberger

Scorpio will turn it around.

Okay, but the rest of the world isn't anything to shout about, marketwise. It's always weird to me when people bring this up. The US alone is the biggest market (not counting China, but we're talking console sales, and most of China's money is mobile/PC iirc) by a huge margin. The other markets combined barely make a dent in that.

"But it didn't do well in the rest of the world" is literally a meaningless statement.

Don't cry because it's over... smile because this lolworthy post happened.

So what's the numbers breakdown?

I heard someone said earlier 20M US for PS4 so would it be?

19M - US?
4M - UK?
3M - Rest of the world?

no.
Xbox One is at over 15.7m units as of December 2016 in the US
Ps4 is at less than 17.5m units as of December 2016 in the US

and the US : WW ratio for Xbox One is in the ballpark of 60% (my personal estimate is slightly below 60%, but definitely above 55%. some people believe it's significant above 60, but i do not agree on that)
x360 US : WW ratio was ~50%

Fox_Mulder

Okay, but the rest of the world isn't anything to shout about, marketwise. It's always weird to me when people bring this up. The US alone is the biggest market (not counting China, but we're talking console sales, and most of China's money is mobile/PC iirc) by a huge margin. The other markets combined barely make a dent in that.

"But it didn't do well in the rest of the world" is literally a meaningless statement.

this is an excellent parody post

AmyS

I think Scorpio should do pretty well, but I think Microsoft needs to refocus from the start after that with Xbox Next in 2020 or 2021.

Starting a generation off right is of critical importance.

But the thing is the Scorpio isn't an "Xbox Two", but a souped up Xbox One, like what the Pro is for the PS4.

I wouldn't say that. It's definitely the next xbox because this is now the new norm, where all games from the previous console will work day one for the newer system, where all previous console discs are the same exact discs used to play the same game on the more powerful successor.

This is how things will be from here on out. From a pure hardware perspective, Microsoft are going for it. It's really only in marketing terms that this can be called a souped up Xbox One. Technologically speaking it's a whole other generation of system, just with a new philosophy, where instead of starting from scratch with your games library, your games library stays with you on the next system. For example, we all already have Xbox Scorpio controllers. It's the same as the Xbox One controller.

bitbydeath

no.
Xbox One is at over 15.7m units as of December 2016 in the US
Ps4 is at less than 17.5m units as of December 2016 in the US

and the US : WW ratio for Xbox One is in the ballpark of 60% (my personal estimate is slightly below 60%, but definitely above 55%. some people believe it's significant above 60, but i do not agree on that)
x360 US : WW ratio was ~50%

Thanks for the correction.
So rounding off
US - 16M
UK - 3M
Rest - 7M

Trago

lol

They are so far ahead. Microsoft's gotta compete harder. They don't have the worldwide appeal that Sony has.

Microsoft's gotta one-up Sony in many categories like they did at the beginning of last gen.

Otherwise, I don't think things will change.

N.Domixis

Banned
lol

They are so far ahead. Microsoft's gotta compete harder. They don't have the worldwide appeal that Sony has.

Microsoft's gotta one-up Sony in many categories like they did at the beginning of last gen.

sony also has to really mess them selves up by charging 100-200 more than them.

lol

Will it change is the question. Three generations now and these situations still exist.

Trago

Will it change is the question. Three generations now and these situations still exist.

I mean, last gen it was a combination of Sony's fuck ups, and Microsoft making the right moves. Think about all of the advantages they had over Sony. Now it seems like they switched places. Microsoft fucked up and Sony made all the right moves.

Other than better multiplats/better VR, I'm not sure that Scorpio will change much.

Thanks for the correction.
So rounding off
US - 16M
UK - 3M
Rest - 7M

i don't know. i would not round those numbers when you have exact ones

US is above 15.7m but below 15.85m
that is the margin of error, we know

latest UK numbers were 5.5m for PS4 and XB1 combined a year ago.
Ps4 was outselling Xb1 roughly 1.2-1.25:1 in the UK
hopefully we get new numbers soon.

Total: 25 - 27.5M
US: 15.7 - 15.85M
UK: 3 - 3.7M
Rest: 5.45 - 8.8M
that would be my estimate for Xbox One sold through worldwide at the end of 2016

I wouldn't say that. It's definitely the next xbox because this is now the new norm, where all games from the previous console will work day one for the newer system, where all previous console discs are the same exact discs used to play the same game on the more powerful successor.

This is how things will be from here on out. From a pure hardware perspective, Microsoft are going for it. It's really only in marketing terms that this can be called a souped up Xbox One. Technologically speaking it's a whole other generation of system, just with a new philosophy, where instead of starting from scratch with your games library, your games library stays with you on the next system. For example, we all already have Xbox Scorpio controllers. It's the same as the Xbox One controller.

No it's not, because most if not all the extra hardware will be used up on 4K. It's just the same deal as the PS4 Pro.

The only way it will be is if they ditch that plan, stick with 1080p and make a 'big' push with graphics and exclusive games. Dropping support for the Xbox One in the process.

But all signs currently point to that not happening.

With what games though? Halo, Forza and Gears is not going to help improve these numbers. Scorpio is not going to get close to half these numbers, as bad as they are in their own right. Put it this way - Xbox can only manage 26 mil with a billion dollar marketing budget, crazy free game and price bundles in its strongest markets, and operating in a field where there is only one other serious competitor. It's shocking.

By the time Scorpio gets any kind of momentum, PS5 will be around the corner.

cakely

Your prediction could turn out to be correct, but the information we have about Xbox One Scorpio is still mostly conjecture at this point. You shouldn't be attaching a "definitely" to any statement you can make about it yet. I suspect we'll all be surprised after Xbox One's Scorpio official reveal.

Everything I'm reading about Xbox Scorpio on GAF sounds like pure fan fiction right now.

cackhyena

Why are people comparing the XB1 to Scorpio difference with PS4 to Pro? Isn't the former more substantial in power than the latter when talking upgrades?

Top Bottom