• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garou / Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves XBLA Bound?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
http://www.zweifuss.com/colorswap.p...olornum=0&pname=makoto/makotostunrecovery.gif

colorswap.php

colorswap.php

colorswap.php

Too...strong!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn, Garou is so awesome.
Please SNK ,port this game to the PSN !

Dachande

Great, but I have arcade sticks for the PS3, not 360. Give me a PSN release with it!*

*rendered moot if the sprites are redrawn in 720p by SNK's own artists, but let's not kid ourselves, they're not doing that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
Uh, 3S has the best soundtrack in a videogame ever.
SF2 has better soundtrack.

kurahadol

I loved the Capcom vs SNK 2 soundtrack

This is true love makin'~

I always found SNK arranged soundtracks tended to be ahead of the pack on everything. King of Fighters '97 had an insanely awesome soundtrack, as did '99. The Last Blade ASTs are simply amazing as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Did this game ever come to America? I've heard lots of good things about the game, and I love 2D fighters, so I can't wait for this...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If true, I hope this comes to PSN. No reason for these to not come to both services. Hell, port it to Wiiware too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Good game, but I'd rather have Real Bout FF. I'll still get it.

Or even better, RBFF remake with some Garou gameplay elements, with KOFXII-style sprites, and Xiangfei, Rick, Tung, and Raiden added in.

BTW when it comes to background and music- Fatal Fury series has always been the best of any fighter. Seriously. I used to take my Saturn Real Bout Special and put it in my CD player. Seriously.

tzare

_dementia said:
yeah I thought Shane liked PS3

are there specific mandates against classic arcade ports on PSN?

but this is SNK or Ignition?
I guess it's microsoft going after SNK to make their games appear on live. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me. Sony should do the same. I wanna play'em online but free. I'll stick to 2DF for now :(

Why in the hell is Third Strike in this thread?

Anyway those saying that Garou even rivals the animation of Street Fighter III clearly needs some glasses. Street Fighter III wins by a country mile, the only game that rivals it is Martial Masters (another 2D fighting game) especially when putting detail in the comparison.

drunkmasterstancemm-risk.gif

dmrun2.gif

dmzp.gif

And even then it isn't THAT much of a contest.

As for the person who posted Blazblue, I don't know if that's a joke or not but while the game has some fair (dare I say "good") animation it is nothing to write home about.

Also while I don't think Garou is a bad game in any sense of word, I really don't find it to be as good as most bloat it to be.

Skilletor said:
WTF is martial masters? That dude looks DOPE!!!!

/runs to youtube.

It's more then one guy it's an entire fighting game. It was a new IP made by some developer who never made fighting games before. Unfortunately the game bombed.

Though it uses the Arc System Works style of (slight pause after attack so the animation doesn't look as fluid as it actually is, well if you don't pay attention).

I'd show more sprites but besides one other character that's the only one of the roster that has been ripped.

Well besides this guy.

backpunchanim.gif

Granted that he isn't exactly the best animated sprite in the game.

danmaku

_dementia said:
I take it all back, 3S characters animate soooo fucking well.
I want 3S on XBLA!

True, but don't forget that Garou ran on an hardware from 1990. SNK really pushed its system beyond any limit with G:MOTW, and the results are stunning even today.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yes please!

It will be perfect to go along with my Dreamcast version...

And I'm so glad that I don't suffer from seizures, because the My Little Pony stuff is trippy...

Yet another DC port is coming to XBLA and I love it...

Can't wait to play this in 2011.

Unless, you know, 98UM XBLA releases this year after all rather than 2010.

EDIT: why is it so hard to find a decent gameplay clip of Martial Masters? Saw some a few months ago, but now it's as if they disappeared entirely from Youtube...

G0DLIKE

Mark of the Wolves is an awesome game! I got it cheap with my Agetec arcade stick for Dreamcast. Capcom VS SNK = Third Strike VS Mark of the Wolves.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Why in the hell is Third Strike in this thread?

'cause it's the
_dementia said:
Most gorgeously animated 2D game ever.

Skilotonn said:
Yet another DC port is coming to XBLA and I love it...
I certainly hope not. The DC version has out of sync audio.

I'm sure it will be the NeoGeo original as the source; it wouldn't make sense to use the DC code.

MicVlaD said:
Can't wait to play this in 2011.

Unless, you know, 98UM XBLA releases this year after all rather than 2010.

going by some of the posts here
SNK =/= Ignition

ashism

How weird, I was just playing this with a friend in anticipation of KOF.

I never really played this one before, but after a few days with it, I really dig it.

Top Bottom