• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'GBA4iOS 2.0' Emulator - Play some Gameboy on your Telephone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost launched the app, but as I was doing so, it gave a warning that the app is being released by something "China" something distributor, so there's no way I'm installing this after all. Seems shady.

I caved, wouldn't install now I regret attempting... Seems fishy. Hope this didn't pull info from my phone. Just kept looping the install, I deleted it.

LSP

Banned
my god this is amazing it works on my iphone 4s updated to latest software

pokemon red yes yes yes

5amshift

Banned
Dragon Warrior I & II are working and looking great! Finally I get to start over and not carry my GameBoy Color around anymore for when I play.

GWX

Downloaded it, had to change the date. Only tried Rhythm Tengoku, and it worked well (not perfect, some frame skips here and there) on my iPhone 5s. Sound only plays if I have a headphone plugged in, though.

Reckoner

It downloaded, installed and then, everytime I click on it, it just gets in an infinite cycle of installing. Does anyone know how to solve?

Just successfully installed it by rolling back the date. However, when I go to launch it, it zooms into the app as if it's launching, and then immediately crashes? Any ideas? I'm on iOS 7.04, no jailbreak

Edit: NVM - I see that you have to roll back the date BEFORE launching the app

GWX

Wait, WARIOWARE TWISTED motion emulation? Game changer. Gonna try it now!

edit: Holy shit it works very well, impressed!

Anyone know if it works on Iphone 4?

Just recently started playing Pokemon Emerald on the original gba4ios. Awesome to have it on the go as I've lost my original SP a while ago

Best file I've had so far seeing as I've gotten 2 shinies so far lol (whismur and wurmple)

rekameohs

Banned
This is amazing. Didn't need any date change or anything. I gladly would've handed Nintendo my money for GBA VC on 3DS, but they done goofed. At least I can play my GBA games again since I've lost that system.

Yep. I'm on iPhone 4.

Just recently started playing Pokemon Emerald on the original gba4ios. Awesome to have it on the go as I've lost my original SP a while ago

Best file I've had so far seeing as I've gotten 2 shinies so far lol (whismur and wurmple)
It does, as long as you're running iOS 7. The only feature you can't do is the Fast Forwarding. I believe you can transfer saves from 1.6 to 2.0 through iTunes as well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Damn. Working flawlessly on my iPhone 5. TY so much OP. finally i can play megaman battle net again and not carry around my gba.

DigitalOp

Banned
This is cool, but I must say running emus on Android is a godsend and totally doesn't require hoops.

Cool to see some activity going on with iOS.

Feorax

I've been using version 1.6 tonight. Ill wait until 2.0 becomes more widespread before taking the plunge and upgrading.

Wish there could be link cable/wireless functionality, but I'm not gonna complain given how well this works

Not working on my iPhone 5. Press icon, nothing happens.

that is usually due to the date problem, if you have it installed already try rolling back your phones date to january and try again.

This is cool, but I must say running emus on Android is a godsend and totally doesn't require hoops.

Cool to see some activity going on with iOS.

For me it's much more of a novelty to see an emulator running on iOS then actually playing it after the initial install, I like them just to see stuff broken like that.

Cess007

Hot damn! It actually works!! Okey, now i've no excuse to not play FFT Advance everywhere i go!

Edit: 4S user here.

I just updated the OP with the information about the date thing/Dropbox bug. It's an annoyance, yes, but unless you regularly power down your device, you shouldn't have to do it all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom