• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Really? :(
How are the visuals? Next (current) gen or slightly better than last gen?

Only problem so far with about 3 hours played. Game looks great. Heres some shots I've been doing. Can't remember how the A.I behaved after all these years ago but Dom is being an ass in some situations such as walking into darkness and being downed by Kryll or not moving out the way with the Beserker.

LqtAzR.jpg
FeCr2g.jpg

oOJI6q.jpg
ZQwqa5.jpg

PEHkxZ.jpg
FIq8Op.jpg

VzY7qz.jpg
Jeoysr.jpg

OsHKIn.jpg
M7WZNT.jpg

ZycP5w.jpg
fXve3L.jpg

DKvWIN.jpg
o5F2nT.jpg

Naxk0K.jpg
D0jlUl.jpg

HajCjk.jpg
TsZOpI.png

CdlND7.png
hWdehi.png

uqMdbH.png
Tx1PxI.png

mazhRv.png
toMcV2.png

RPtrEi.jpg
amQq0Z.jpg

tmw4vd.jpg
kpy5X0.jpg

JQS3yO.jpg
5qeVho.jpg

DMaZCE.jpg
z3wv6r.jpg

Only problem so far with about 3 hours played. Game looks great. Heres some shots I've been doing. Can't remember how the A.I behaved after all these years ago but Dom is being an ass in some situations such as walking into darkness and being downed by Kryll or not moving out the way with the Beserker.

Wow, this looks amazing. Holy shit....this is UE3? Thanks for the screens! There is no photo mode, right?

BTW: Dom was always an ass :D

sTiTcH AU

Not feeling the multi player at all. But only got this for the co-op campaign anyways. Seemed to take ages to find a match as well (Australia).

gfxtwin

Something tells me the wait for the PC version will be excruciating.

And is it confirmed to only run on Windows 10? Think I read that somewhere...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

That definitely happened in the original Gears. No changes there.

Watching a ton of multiplayer and sadly it's all just shotguns....same as when it first came out. Shame really as that's what let down Gears 1 versus the others (other than the awful release online lag).

Watching a ton of multiplayer and sadly it's all just shotguns....same as when it first came out. Shame really as that's what let down Gears 1 versus the others (other than the awful release online lag).

You should see what happens when they change it. The devs put the sawed-off and retro as direct gnasher counters and they are seen as "op". By op they mean "I'm not going to change my style to fit the opponent". But it still stands that the gnasher is what makes Gears what it is. Gears has turned shotgun battles into intricate dances of death that no other game can match. The prevalence of the gnasher means the game is about closing gaps, flanks, then duels, without that it is sitting back and shooting rifles like every other game. People complain about the Gnasher but it's what makes the game compelling for fans.

The shotgun is one of the more effective weapons in the game. There is a reason it's a goto choice for many people. Get good or get rekt. I love people that cry about the shotty. It makes beating them so much more satisfying.

The shotgun is one of the more effective weapons in the game. There is a reason it's a goto choice for many people. Get good or get rekt. I love people that cry about the shotty. It makes beating them so much more satisfying.

My friend would troll gnasher people with the Retro in 3 and then on his profile his quote was "Retro 4 lyfe" just to salt the wound. That said, the gnasher is so much fun to use.

It's not satisfying though. They're easy kills. Especially now apparently, I'm hearing a streamer complaining about one shots being too common and the spreads too thin.

Frog-fu

Banned
It's not satisfying though. They're easy kills. Especially now apparently, I'm hearing a streamer complaining about one shots being too common and the spreads too thin.

Bruh, when you're in a close quarters shoot out with shotties with the both of y'all ducking, diving and roling for cover, where either of you could be dead in a second, it's super satisfying when you crack the motherfucker first - especially if you get to have your cake and eat it too by killing whoever else comes after you shortly after.

Gnasher fights are frustrating, nerve wracking and sometimes rage inducing, but I don't know how anyone could find them dissatisfying.

Wasn't in the series until Gears 2, and got changed around quite a bit in Gears 3.

I miss Gears 2 Horde. Gears 3 Horde, not so much, what with all the XP systems and upgrade grinds - you'd end up with players getting upset because somebody else deployed a turret or something instead of them, robbing them of precious XP towards their unlocks. Gears 2 was pure, raw, combat, and it was hilariously deadly.
Gears 3 Horde never captured my attention the way Gears 2 did. I loved finding a little corner of the map to hold down, making little Boom shield barricades, leaving your base to scrounge for weapons and ammo. Maybe I just need a group to show me the ropes of Gears 3 horde, but I have fond memories of Gears 2 horde.

Jawmuncher

Gears 3 Horde never captured my attention the way Gears 2 did. I loved finding a little corner of the map to hold down, making little Boom shield barricades, leaving your base to scrounge for weapons and ammo. Maybe I just need a group to show me the ropes of Gears 3 horde, but I have fond memories of Gears 2 horde.

I agree with this. Horde mode I felt did feel better in 2 than 3. The XP stuff kind of killed it for me. Hope 4 has a choice of vanilla horde or XP based matches.

SugarDave

I used a mystery discount code with Zavvi to get 15% off a 1TB Xbox One with this bundled. £320 down to £270! I just had to bite at that. Looking forward to going through this for the first time in years, it was the first online multiplayer game I ever played and got gripped by too so it'll be nice to return to that. I was thinking about it the other day and Gears 1 is probably a 10/10 game to me, such a fantastic shooter.

I got the game, bestbuy shipped it early. The game lets you prioritize what you want to download first (campaign or multiplayer). I am sitting at 80% install and cant start either.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh no please no Gnasher complaints already. Gears 1 is about close quarters. Gnasher is the Close Quarters king. Get good or get rekt.

Top Bottom