• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia and Russia at war

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya

laserbeam said:
The missile shields a joke in the sense that against Russia it is totally useless. If Nuclear War were to break out between the United States the sheer number of ICBMs launching from both sides would overwhelm the system instantly.

The System is totally ineffective against Russia and could never pose a threat to the Balance of Power as Russia calls it. Against Iran and countries like that sure it likely would get the job done cause Iran isnt sitting on 8,000 Nukes.

Once you build one ICBM it isn't exactly complicated to design it with multiple warheads. Upon re-entry they will divide and you will have anywhere up to 10-20 projectiles heading towards targets or randomly falling. Which one of those are the nuke? Which of those are the dummies?

We don't know and we won't know in sufficient time. Star Wars is a joke from the start and I can not believe this administration has gone so far as to ratchet up tensions with a country that who has a truly evil person in charge so they can see if this fantasy would work.

Furthermore by doing this you encourage the Russian's and Chinese to give other states the technology for multiple warhead missiles...leaving you with a billion dollar laser light show.

Xabora

In a crime ridden Georgia the Russian owned and operated military corps set to create the ultimate peace keeping weapon.

They called it: ROBO-PUTIN
2qb7hw9.jpg

Cue Robocop music

Deku

Banned
http://main.uab.edu/Sites/MediaRelations/articles/50618/

Article Body

BIRMINGHAM, ALA –The UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham) Spam Data Mine is seeing new escalations in the so-called "Russian-Georgian Cyber War". More than 500 e-mails were received in a 90 minutes period this morning at UAB claiming to be a BBC story revealing that Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili is homosexual.

“Clicking on the headline or the image, which is really being loaded from the BBC Web site, will take e-mail readers to a virus-laden Web page,” said Gary Warner, UAB Director of Computer Forensics Research. “The danger is that almost no anti-virus products detected this virus when it began to be distributed this morning. Only 4 of 36 anti-virus products knew that this was a suspicious file in our tests this morning.”

Warner points out that this virus is absolutely not related to the previous "news headlines" spam, which included the CNN campaign, and the still on-going MSNBC campaign, which Warner was the first to detect and report.. By volume, the MSNBC spam is about three times as prominent as the new BBC/Georgia spam, according to his statistics.

Kapsama

avaya said:
One of the facts of the matter is that Putin is a crazy motherfucker. Cuba has got some real issues and the portrayal of Venezuela is damn right wrong because all they did was take back control of what was theirs in the first place and this happened to hurt big oil and subsequently hit a note with Murdoch the shit spreader cunt.

You can't agree with Chavez but then throw Castro and Putin under the bus like that.
In essence they're all doing the same damn thing, trying to protect their countries from outside interference and imperialism.

avaya

Kapsama said:
You can't agree with Chavez but then throw Castro and Putin under the bus like that.
In essence they're all doing the same damn thing, trying to protect their countries from outside interference and imperialism.

Chavez just took back from Exxon and Chevron what was Venezuela's, the country saw very little return.

Castro.....really Cuba is of no significance at all to anything.

Putin is actively using his energy policy to interfere with the policies and politics of other nations. Chavez hasnt hurt anyone but Exxon and Chevron. Putin has Europe by the balls. Furthermore Putin has curbed freedom of the press in Russia.

You can take a man out of the KGB but you can never take the KGB out of the man.

carnon

Banned
Talas said:
This was a little uncomfortable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ

12 year old American girl: "I just want to say I was running from Georgian troops bombing our city, not Russian troops. I want to thank the Russian troops for helping us out..."

Fox News: "Ok, cut to commercial break!"

The comments were deleted. The views counter was stopped.

WOW, that means they really told the TRUTH.

First in CNN, now Fox. American democracy is a joke

Phoenix

Jason's Ultimatum said:
U.S. naval ships can fire SM-2s that can target other missiles. I don't know why the U.S. needs a missle defense system in eastern europe.

Because the interceptor is designed to fire at a longer ranged missile and hit it at a higher altitude with a different glide trajectory than that of the SM-2.

laserbeam

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
If everyone acknowledges that the missile defense shield wouldn't do much against Russia, why is Russia getting all pissed off about it?

The US is cozying up with territories Russia thinks should still be theirs. The truth is the Cold Warnever really ended. Both sides played kissy kissy for awhile but at the same time both sides had a dagger at each others back.

The day the US and Russia go to full scale Nuclear War is the end of Human life on this planet.
Peacekeeper-missile-testing.jpg
As the caption says:
Testing at the Kwajalein Atoll of the Peacekeeper re-entry vehicles, all eight fired from only one missile. With live warheads, each line would represent the explosive power of twenty Hiroshima-sized (Little Boy) weapons.

Phoenix

avaya said:
Once you build one ICBM it isn't exactly complicated to design it with multiple warheads.

That's VERY untrue. Building a rocket that can carry an MIRV is harder because of the weight and separation characteristics necessary for successful delivery. Building guidance systems for the kiloton warheads isn't a cakewalk either. There's a good reason why MIRVs came a LONG time after the development of ICBMs.

laserbeam

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
wow, she was fuckin coached

Seriously the way her eyes are following someone theres someone pulling her leash. Considering her relations theres no way theres no bias there.

Fox made no mention of either side in the conflict just said she was at a cafe and the fighting started. They didnt try to say Russia started it or Georgia. Girl suddenly jumps out with like omg Russia is so great and is our saviors.

Deku

Banned
Kapsama said:
Fixed it for ya

Western democracies have the right to be 'self-righteous'; on balance they're far better than the alternatives.

Port-modern leftist moral equivalence is the greatest failure of human imagination.

Kapsama

Deku said:
Western democracies have the right to be 'self-righteous'; on balance they're far better than the alternatives.

Port-modern leftist moral equivalence is the greatest failure of human imagination.
Oh I now that democracies are better than the alternatives. It might be a cliche but while it's not perfect, democracy is the best thing we have.

But this doesn't give the West any right to be self-righteous, when the West is in part to blame that other countries fail to achieve democracy.

Western Self Righteousness s the greatest failure of human imagination.

avaya

Phoenix said:
That's VERY untrue. Building a rocket that can carry an MIRV is harder because of the weight and separation characteristics necessary for successful delivery. Building guidance systems for the kiloton warheads isn't a cakewalk either. There's a good reason why MIRVs came a LONG time after the development of ICBMs.

I won't even bother arguing against you about this becuase you know much more about this than me but you are thinking about successful delivery. I don't think they would care that much about successful delivery.

Branduil

Talas said:

12 year old American girl: "I just want to say I was running from Georgian troops bombing our city, not Russian troops. I want to thank the Russian troops for helping us out..."

It sounds like those people are related to the Ossetians, so of course they're going to blame Georgia.

M3wThr33

Banned
Talas said:

At least some people are trying to get the truth out.

Cooter said:
I can't be the only one that thinks these two are planted. Give me a break.
Planted? Why? Because it seemed like the only thing they wanted to talk about? In Russia, they're really confused right now because in their eyes they're liberating South Ossetia from Georgia and Western media isn't mentioning that at all. They're basically focusing on Russia invading.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
laserbeam said:
Seriously the way her eyes are following someone theres someone pulling her leash. Considering her relations theres no way theres no bias there.

Fox made no mention of either side in the conflict just said she was at a cafe and the fighting started. They didnt try to say Russia started it or Georgia. Girl suddenly jumps out with like omg Russia is so great and is our saviors.

What? It's not like she was in her own studio, she was in a Fox affiliate studio, and someone was probably starting to get agitated when she started to speak. Come on, they censored her.

You interview two people who were there when shit broke, you get what they say period. They don't have to be moderate or unbiased, you interview them to hear what they have to say. But you can imagine how it would have gone if they spoke about the evil Russians. Anyone you interview from any side of the conflict will be biased, that's no reason to censor them.

M3wThr33

Banned
There's already a lot of pressure in these studios. Did you see how much their attitudes changed when they went to 'commercial?' You could see the fear in their eyes.

Then the Fox guy played it off as calling it 'gray.'

The only reason the truth isn't getting explained enough is because we had an investment in pushing Georgia to join NATO. (And training their troops, which in turn killed South Ossteians, which Russians consider Russians)

Uncle

Talas said:

They didn't cut to commercials at that point..?

I did find it funny how the interviewer painted a picture of bombs falling down on them in the beginning and then the girl says she didn't see any.

Phoenix

avaya said:
I won't even bother arguing against you about this becuase you know much more about this than me but you are thinking about successful delivery. I don't think they would care that much about successful delivery.

But if people know you can't successfully deliver the warheads, what's the point? Its only a threat for as long as people can see that there is some risk to you launching it. As soon as that risk is gone - you might as well not even have it.

M3wThr33

Banned
Uncle said:
They didn't cut to commercials at that point..?

I did find it funny how the interviewer painted a picture of bombs falling down on them in the beginning and then the girl says she didn't see any.

The video was edited well.

Azih said:
Seconded. Great great video, had no idea the US put missiles in Turkey before the Soviet Union put missiles in Cuba among other things.

And it's surprising how many Americans don't know about that. Or then again, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom