• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Wadafuck that poppy seed thing is the first i've heard of it. Sounds crazy.

Also, lol funny pics thread got me
8OLHw.jpg

fucking LOL

Coeliacus

I don't understand weed. When I see people giggling or content I feel like I'm missing out. It just makes things really feel slow and my memory all just sort of blurs together. It does make nitrous more fun though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't understand weed. When I see people giggling or content I feel like I'm missing out. It just makes things really feel slow and my memory all just sort of blurs together. It does make nitrous more fun though.

Depends on the type of weed you get. Try different strains, if possible.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

I sometimes get like that too, although it's often preferable to whatever mood I'd otherwise be in. I find I have to engage my mind in something if I'm going to experience weed as it's meant to be experienced, even something as simple as watching a movie, having a meaningful conversation with someone, or just going for a walk (with a cigarette..) to think.

Coeliacus

mushrooms and nitrous are god tier... so i've heard....

I've heard the same about LSD come to think about it.

Depends on the type of weed you get. Try different strains, if possible.

I have. The best I've had was stuff from a friends vape to calm me down after taking out a city blocks power with a moving truck. It did wonders for my anxiety, but I never got to try it under less trying circumstances.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah I won't be able to pick up for another week. I was thinking of trying the poppy seed thing, but I'm worried I'll be disappointed and it seems kind of costly.

Poppy seeds? Costly?

officespace.gif

I've done them maybe 5 or 6 times. $11 will get you high. As far as opiates go I would rank poppy seed tea a little below morphine which is obviously below H. They are still a really good, safe high though.

You get two packs of poppy seeds. At the market place I've gotten them from they go for $4 a piece. You need 2 packs. How many grams? What is a pack quantified as? I dunno, man, I just get high off the stuff. And you're buying things legally too so yay. If the cashier asks tell her that your mom makes poppy seed cupcakes. Those are a thing. This is the brand I buy

0039659_bobs_red_mill_poppy_seeds_8_oz_pack_of_8.png

So next you need a 2 liter coke. Drain the coke. Fill the plastic coke bottle with the seeds. Then fill it with BOILING water. Close the cap and shake it for 10 minutes. The next part you need to do with a little finesse. The idea is to get the water in the bottle into a glass without getting the seeds in the glass too. To do that, unscrew the 2 liter cap off a little bit but still keep it on. Turn the coke over and just try to get the liquid out. Should take you a minute or so. Then drink the contents of the glass with a chaser. The chaser is almost mandatory because it tastes extremely bad. Extremely.

The tea itself is ambiguous with regards to it's legality, so no I am not telling you poppy seed tea is not illegal. But you can totally buy poppy seeds and a convenient 2 liter coke bottle. I have no idea why more people don't know about this.

While I do enjoy them, can't say I do them much. I've had good times whilst high, but for the most part I'm not big on drugs. Except perhaps caffeine, but even with that I never get those crazy espresso shots.

Mr.Fresh

When I'm high my mouth gets sooooooo dry but once I get a drop of water in my mouth I go back to normal. Sometimes my legs twitch like every 2 mins.

T Dollarz

Poppy seeds? Costly?

officespace.gif

I've done them maybe 5 or 6 times. $11 will get you high. As far as opiates go I would rank poppy seed tea a little below morphine which is obviously below H. They are still a really good, safe high though.

You get two packs of poppy seeds. At the market place I've gotten them from they go for $4 a piece. You need 2 packs. How many grams? What is a pack quantified as? I dunno, man, I just get high off the stuff. And you're buying things legally too so yay. If the cashier asks tell her that your mom makes poppy seed cupcakes. Those are a thing. This is the brand I buy

So next you need a 2 liter coke. Drain the coke. Fill the plastic coke bottle with the seeds. Then fill it with BOILING water. Close the cap and shake it for 10 minutes. The next part you need to do with a little finesse. The idea is to get the water in the bottle into a glass without getting the seeds in the glass too. To do that, unscrew the 2 liter cap off a little bit but still keep it on. Turn the coke over and just try to get the liquid out. Should take you a minute or so. Then drink the contents of the glass with a chaser. The chaser is almost mandatory because it tastes extremely bad. Extremely.

The tea itself is ambiguous with regards to it's legality, so no I am not telling you poppy seed tea is not illegal. But you can totally buy poppy seeds and a convenient 2 liter coke bottle. I have no idea why more people don't know about this.

While I do enjoy them, can't say I do them much. I've had good times whilst high, but for the most part I'm not big on drugs. Except perhaps caffeine, but even with that I never get those crazy espresso shots.

Holy shit, I may try this tomorrow.

FairyD

Poppy seeds? Costly?

officespace.gif

Ok I have to try this. Ive been stuck in a high rut and need to diversify.

Sub_Level

Holy shit, I may try this tomorrow.

Do it. The only real con of opiates other than the obvious is that they make you constipated. The poppy seed tea is no exception. So take a stool softener if you haven't gone by the next day.

It will take 30 minutes or so for it to kick in, and don't mix it with anything else. It will last a good 6 hours MINIMUM, probably a couple hours longer if it's your first time so don't drink it after 7pm unless you plan on pulling an all-nighter . Stay hydrated, stay safe. You can eat fine, but you probably won't have an appetite. You can still function well too. I've been on the stuff while my mom's at home just to give you like an ultimate example. It actually makes your pupils a little smaller instead of bigger. Just think of it like a painkiller doctors give you that's not in pill form. It's like liquid Hydrocodone, but stronger.

T Dollarz

Do it. The only real con of opiates other than the obvious is that they make you constipated. The poppy seed tea is no exception. So take a stool softener if you haven't gone by the next day.

It will take 30 minutes or so for it to kick in, and don't mix it with anything else. It will last a good 6 hours MINIMUM, probably a couple hours longer if it's your first time so don't drink it after 7pm unless you plan on pulling an all-nighter . Stay hydrated, stay safe. You can eat fine, but you probably won't have an appetite. You can still function well too. I've been on the stuff while my mom's at home just to give you like an ultimate example. It actually makes your pupils a little smaller instead of bigger. Just think of it like a painkiller doctors give you that's not in pill form. It's like liquid Hydrocodone, but stronger.

Holy shit, 6 hours? I'm so down. So you really did 2 of those bags? Everything I've read only says like 200 grams of the seeds. What you did is like a pound lol. And what's the high like? I've never done opiates, but last week I took shrooms and it was amazing.

Holy shit, 6 hours? I'm so down. So you really did 2 of those bags? Everything I've read only says like 200 grams of the seeds. What you did is like a pound lol. And what's the high like? I've never done opiates, but last week I took shrooms and it was amazing.

Please be careful. I was on opiates for back pain (legal prescriptions) and became addicted. It didn't take long before I became addicted to Heroin. Been through 3 treatment centers, multiple out patient programs, and pretty much fucked up my entire life. How did it happen? Because it feels great. That's what you should expect. Euphoria, warm sense of well being, and nodding out, which is fun too for some reason.

Consul

I love the fact that this thread is still alive. However, Urgh at the pizza pics above... I had one last night from the local take-away but the amount of cheese has caused my stomach to be ungodly today.

I love cheese, especially what I'm smoking up just now, some big buddha cheese son! Unfortunately it costs £20 for 1.5g up in Scotland and has done for like the past 2 years. I am so jealous of you 'muricans and your medicinal biz!

I don't like the sound of dat 'brick' weed... ganja has to be treated with love and respect right up until the time it is incinerated in a glorious fiery death for the greater cause.

Inversive

Any of you guys been to Amsterdam? My buddy went for the 6th time on friday and i've been 3 times, wish i was going with him again though :( Always funny seeing the tracksuit clad part-timers throwing up into the canals. (Saw it happen on all 3 visits :D) Idiots were mixing their weed with beer i guess. I'm from England so it's pretty cheap to get the ferry over.

I don't like the sound of dat 'brick' weed... ganja has to be treated with love and respect right up until the time it is incinerated in a glorious fiery death for the greater cause.
It's definitely not the best way to smoke. Lovingly cared for crystalline buds, dense but fluffy will always win out against occasionally pressure chard, solid chunks, uniformly smokey tasting brick bud.

And hey that cousin of mine that I occasionally use as the butt of my jokes just showed up with a joint. I'm pretty baked on this crisp Kansas December morn.

JB1981

You can tell the OP is a young stoner. I heard this type of argument many times back when I was a young stoner too. Then a little bit of perspective comes and you realize that being stoned all day long is not normal and is a clear sign that you have some problems you need to deal with.

Bang on

I'm an older smoker and I can attest to this. Well maybe not older, but 30.

And I generally stay stoned most of the time I've got it. And I've got issues.

I can't say anything about the youth though. They could just be being young. I can vaguely remember some of those days. Liquor, pills, and pot. Occasionally Opium if I could get a hold of it.

Pot through gas masks. Which is not fun. That shit hurts.

Smoking it every day when young is just fun. I'm meaning early 20's when I say young.

But I smoke it every day now because I have some gender identity issues, and schizophrenia that seemed to be triggered by my dads death 11 years ago. Undiagnosed because they always want pills. That was their treatment when I was 10.

So I smoke pot and fight my demons the old fashioned way. By bludgeoning them with intoxicants.

This ended up being more of a rant than I intended so I apologize.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Any of you guys ever been scammed? I was in Prague with my band this past summer and our drummer was desperately scouring the streets for weed. We eventually found the perfect bar with a bunch of friendly Moroccans who hooked us up but before that, some dude on the street offered us some and our drummer bit.

The dude made it seem like cops were after him and was being all nervous and hasty. The transaction was quick and the guy bolted after it. My bandmate ended up paying about $75 for tea leaves and cotton in a little brown bag. It was pretty hilarious but if we didn't find that bar later that night, it would have made for a pretty depressing night.

Sub_Level

Please be careful. I was on opiates for back pain (legal prescriptions) and became addicted. It didn't take long before I became addicted to Heroin. Been through 3 treatment centers, multiple out patient programs, and pretty much fucked up my entire life. How did it happen? Because it feels great. That's what you should expect. Euphoria, warm sense of well being, and nodding out, which is fun too for some reason.

Yeah, it never got to the point where I had cravings ever because I spaced out my tea parties at least a month apart, usually two. But I had a friend who had/has a very real addiction to opiates and he has gone through some tough withdrawals. He told me yesterday actually that he quit, though, so that's good.

So please when you start doing poppy seed tea do so responsibly. It's cheap, it's a good high, and there isn't really a comedown (you just start to gradually notice it slowly go away after an hour and a half or so). But because it's cheap and you can buy the stuff legally, it's very accessible, so moderation need to come from yourself.

T Dollarz

Yeah, it never got to the point where I had cravings ever because I spaced out my tea parties at least a month apart, usually two. But I had a friend who had/has a very real addiction to opiates and he has gone through some tough withdrawals. He told me yesterday actually that he quit, though, so that's good.

So please when you start doing poppy seed tea do so responsibly. It's cheap, it's a good high, and there isn't really a comedown (you just start to gradually notice it slowly go away after an hour and a half or so). But because it's cheap and you can buy the stuff legally, it's very accessible, so moderation need to come from yourself.

Drank it an hour and 10 minutes ago, still not feeling anything. Pound of seeds with boiling water, drank it all in a couple minutes. Not sure what gives.

demon

Tried the poppy seed tea last night. I think I got 20 minutes or so of a light body high, but that was it. Very disappointing. I might try again if I find another source of poppy seeds that looks more promising.

Inversive

Dudes be careful with the tea, the amount of morphine varies from pack to pack. It is possible to die from drinking it.

demon

Dudes be careful with the tea, the amount of morphine varies from pack to pack. It is possible to die from drinking it.

That's why I first tested it by drinking a small amount and waiting half an hour.

T Dollarz

Tried the poppy seed tea last night. I think I got 20 minutes or so of a light body high, but that was it. Very disappointing. I might try again if I find another source of poppy seeds that looks more promising.

Yeah this is disappointing as fuck

Sub_Level

Hm, perhaps you guys didn't put enough seeds in there. You'll know you did it right when the tea tastes godawful and it lasts for hours upon hours. Your nose becomes itchy too. I'd say give it a week to lose some of the small bit of tolerance you may have built up and try again. I'll try and get the exact amount of seeds you need from a friend.

EDIT: You need over 430 grams, at least with the brand I posted a pic of.

Also that water really needs to be boiling. Fill the bottle up to a little less than where the contents reached initially so that way there's more shaking room. And by shake 10 minutes I mean really shake the thing for 10 minutes. Your hands will get less fatigued if you shake it side-to-side instead of up-and-down.

T Dollarz

Hm, perhaps you guys didn't put enough seeds in there. You'll know you did it right when the tea tastes godawful and it lasts for hours upon hours. Your nose becomes itchy too. I'd say give it a week to lose some of the small bit of tolerance you may have built up and try again. I'll try and get the exact amount of seeds you need from a friend.

OMG, my nose is itchy as FUCK!!! I literally can't stop itching it lol

I filled the bottle full of boiling water and shook for like 20 minutes, I guess that's where I went wrong.

amrihua

People have a negative image of cannabis not realizing that alcohol is worse! I don't know if it is mere ignorance or tacit racism. Too bad for you the world is moving forward and more people understand the cannabis is safer than alcohol. Legalize it, tax it, regulate it, just like alcohol.

High free since... November 23.

Since Nov 10 here, counting the days until I can get high again. Dec 26...

Sub_Level

OMG, my nose is itchy as FUCK!!! I literally can't stop itching it lol

Cool, maybe you did get a bit of the effect afterall. As with all opiates, the effect is euphoria. This is not a stimulant or hallucinogen, you're not going to become a different person or see things. You're just going to merely be content with life and look forward to everything that happens in your day. But yeah if you're still disappointed with it I'd say give it 1 more shot with the recommended dosage.

Top Bottom