• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I wanted to try the tea tomorrow, but I'm not too sure now. Do you need to drink the whole thing?

Yes. In fact if you really want to get everything you can out of the seeds, you should drink the liquid you get in your first glass and then fill the bottle with more boiling water, shake for another 10 minutes, and drain the contents into the glass again.

To be safe, I would say do not exceed 460 grams. That's around the max of what you get from the packs I posted. You absolutely do not need more than that and are merely putting yourself at greater risk.

400-460 is probably the safe effective zone.

Sub_Level

I did. When I squeezed the water out of the bottle, it came out to be about a full cup. Truly tasted awful, was surprised I didn't throw up.

Yeah, if it tastes terrible you know you did something right. You can probably get up to a cup and a half, perhaps even two cups with the second round of water and shaking. To make the drinking part easier, put it in a glass with ice, drink it with a straw, and for the love of god use a chaser. I recommend ginger ale.

WX3

Do it. The only real con of opiates other than the obvious is that they make you constipated. The poppy seed tea is no exception. So take a stool softener if you haven't gone by the next day.

It will take 30 minutes or so for it to kick in, and don't mix it with anything else. It will last a good 6 hours MINIMUM, probably a couple hours longer if it's your first time so don't drink it after 7pm unless you plan on pulling an all-nighter . Stay hydrated, stay safe. You can eat fine, but you probably won't have an appetite. You can still function well too. I've been on the stuff while my mom's at home just to give you like an ultimate example. It actually makes your pupils a little smaller instead of bigger. Just think of it like a painkiller doctors give you that's not in pill form. It's like liquid Hydrocodone, but stronger.

Oh man I can use my EBT card to buy all the supplies I need to get ripped? Get the fuck outta here! Better than hydrocodone? I will give this a shot and see what I think. Wish a poor boy some luck.

Cool, I think I'll try it. Don't know if I'll be able to find some, I live in Canada and we have French/English labels and can't seems to find the perfect translation in French.

Fake edit: Meh, I guess it won't be too hard to find after all

Sub_Level

Oh man I can use my EBT card to buy all the supplies I need to get ripped? Get the fuck outta here! Better than hydrocodone? I will give this a shot and see what I think. Wish a poor boy some luck.

Check out some of my other posts in the topic for the full set of intructions, tips, e.t.c. the main thing is don't go over 460g or under 400g and shake the bottle a second time to get the contents of the bottle. Hope you have a good time, it doesn't seem to have worked for a couple people in this thread.

Another tip: if you do it with a friend, he/she needs to get their own packs and 2 liter. When you drain the liquid out, you'll probably crumple the plastic bottle a bit which is no good when the other person puts their seeds and water in.

WX3

Will do Sub, I have a good understanding of the feeling we are after here as well, which will help me knowing that success has been met! I know some people that are on opiate pain killers and feel nothing or claim to not see why I enjoy them, so if others do not feel the rip they are after it may be unfamiliarity with hydrocodone or morphine based pk's. I'll try tomorrow if I get time and post my results.

Thanks for the tips!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah, it never got to the point where I had cravings ever because I spaced out my tea parties at least a month apart, usually two. But I had a friend who had/has a very real addiction to opiates and he has gone through some tough withdrawals. He told me yesterday actually that he quit, though, so that's good.

So please when you start doing poppy seed tea do so responsibly. It's cheap, it's a good high, and there isn't really a comedown (you just start to gradually notice it slowly go away after an hour and a half or so). But because it's cheap and you can buy the stuff legally, it's very accessible, so moderation need to come from yourself.

I posted about the Poppy seed tea like a week ago. Has it worked for anyone? I felt something but like I said I had taken a few norcos with a couple beers before making the tea.

WX3

Just picked up stone solid meds. About to finally play my new vita. I'm pretty sised.

I love me some gaming with a good buzz. Sometimes if I don't have any sort of a buzz, I will wait to play until the buzz has been secured. Pretty sick indeed, but its been my MO for about 10 years...

WX3

I posted about the Poppy seed tea like a week ago. Has it worked for anyone? I felt something but like I said I had taken a few norcos with a couple beers before making the tea.

Nah, you can't tell at that point. I can take some norcos and the only time I get a real good ripper going is the first use of the day, unless I put 4 or 5 hours in between doses. If I stack, I can never tell if I am any more smoked or not. That euforic feeling is what I chase after and I usually trick myself into thinking sometime here stacking more and more in succession will boost me but it never has lol. So if you want to take this seriously, go in clean I'd say. Make the tea your first high of the day, that's what I will do to ensure I get qualified results or not.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
All this poppy seed talk. Dudes, just stick to the herb.

If taken with responsibility poppy seed and opiates can be amazing.

But they're damn good so it can fuck someones life up quick. Be careful fellas and if taking opiates keep it down to maybe twice a month. If you start fiending stop ASAP.

Sub_Level

OMG, my nose is itchy as FUCK!!! I literally can't stop itching it lol

I filled the bottle full of boiling water and shook for like 20 minutes, I guess that's where I went wrong.

Yeah I talked to my friend and shaking it for more than 10 minutes can be bad. The seeds actually start to absorb the water, which by extension means you get less water.

All this poppy seed talk. Dudes, just stick to the herb.

Hey now, variety is the spice of life :)

Some people like liquor, others wine, and lots beer. And imo opiates are far superior to weed (but I'm not a weed "hater" either, I can appreciate it as something people can enjoy on a far more common basis than opiates)

If taken with responsibility poppy seed and opiates can be amazing.

But they're damn good so it can fuck someones life up quick. Be careful fellas and if taking opiates keep it down to maybe twice a month. If you start fiending stop ASAP.

Shit, when I was doing it this past year I would go by a once per month rule because I'm familiar the addictive properties of opiates. The withdrawals are not perhaps as bad as alcohol, but it's just not worth it, no matter what euphoria they give you.

CTE

What's the shelf life of weed?

Depends on how you store it. It can last literally years if you store it properly in glass jars in a cool dark place like a closet. Use violet glass jars if you keep some out on the table.

Light is the enemy and so is air. Eliminate those two and you have sticky tasty buds for years to come.

Some use CO2 and spray it in the jars before they close it.

Edit - Never put it in the fridge as the humidity changes constantly and that is really bad. Same with the freezer, as the trichs become frozen they snap off the buds thus making it less potent.

T Dollarz

The seeds I bought came in containers of 4.5 ounces, so I bought 4 of 'em. And wait, second round of water? I didn't do that...

Also, I think I definitely got some of the feelings you were talking about. Looked in the mirror and my pupils were extra small. I'm super itchy all over my head/face but itching it feels so good lol. I wish I had known that you could fill it with water a second time, you think I still could? Went on a walk, made some stir fry, enjoying myself. It's hard to describe.

WX3

The seeds I bought came in containers of 4.5 ounces, so I bought 4 of 'em. And wait, second round of water? I didn't do that...

Also, I think I definitely got some of the feelings you were talking about. Looked in the mirror and my pupils were extra small. I'm super itchy all over my head/face but itching it feels so good lol. I wish I had known that you could fill it with water a second time, you think I still could? Went on a walk, made some stir fry, enjoying myself. It's hard to describe.

I'd keep flushing them seeds with water till the taste starts to go away and the buzz isnt as prominent. Fuck it, right? If you can make 2 or 3 cups o' tea, why not? Kind of like when I am out of bud I'll clean all my tooling and smoke the resin balls until they are gone too!

Mr.Swag

Banned
What type of glass y'all got?
I have a Grav Labs stemless kinda like this one:
7iAXB.jpg

Cost me $120.

Went to the supermarket close from where I live and didn't find shit, guess I'll have to go to a more specialized store which shouldn't be hard to find here. But I think I'll wait for the tea, Tuesday is going to be the last hot day for a real long time here so I'm going to take my last E instead, too bad I'm off the weed for a couple of weeks.

Two weeks ago I had one of my best high ever on both, I was walking out of the forrest and it looked like the fucking Windows XP background

I was like woahhh and almost started crying of joy for real :lol :lol

highrider

Banned
I love me some gaming with a good buzz. Sometimes if I don't have any sort of a buzz, I will wait to play until the buzz has been secured. Pretty sick indeed, but its been my MO for about 10 years...
20121202_173001.jpg

I really prefer just about everything high.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm texting, eating, and watching some made for tv movie in the background with a very slight buzz and I'm having more fun than sober.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't know why I keep coming to this thread, like I'm going to get a second hand high or something. Ughh these boring weekend days are just dreadful without any bud.

Sub_Level

Yeah you might try it if the seeds are still in the bottle. Walking is pretty good with poppy seed tea. So are cigarettes. I actually like playing games with them. I went out to a club once and it was pretty great too, you feel more happy which can lead to more confidence in talking with people. Come to think of it I've always enjoyed poppy seed tea (the high not the vomit tea) but I've never done anything particularly interesting on them haha.

Ravager61

I have the last of my weed loaded up with the rest of the kief on top. As soon as my copy of Brazil arrives in the mail tonight, I'm blasting off.

JeTmAn81

I have never been high, though I am sometimes curious as to what smoking pot actually makes you feel like. I have no frame of reference for that unless it is comparable to specific medicines.

T Dollarz

I have never been high, though I am sometimes curious as to what smoking pot actually makes you feel like. I have no frame of reference for that unless it is comparable to specific medicines.

Lol buy a gram, smoke some one night, you'll feel nothing. Save the rest for the next night, and have yourself a good ass time.

The Boat

Question: would weed help with headaches? I have headaches 24/7 because of filled up sinuses and whatnot (will get surgery in January or so), but the last 4 or 5 days they're getting ridiculous, I can barely sleep and I'm going crazy. Oh and exams are coming.

Acid08

Banned
Question: would weed help with headaches? I have headaches 24/7 because of filled up sinuses and whatnot (will get surgery in January or so), but the last 4 or 5 days they're getting ridiculous, I can barely sleep and I'm going crazy. Oh and exams are coming.

It has certainly helped me before with headaches but its also not helped just as many times. It has helped me pretty much 100% of the time with nausea though. I'd say go for it.

The Boat

It has certainly helped me before with headaches but its also not helped just as many times. It has helped me pretty much 100% of the time with nausea though. I'd say go for it.

Nausea is also one of my big problems so that helps :) Thanks!

verbum

If you have chronic sinusitis, the most I would do is eat it or vaporize the pot. The smoke will just irritate your sinuses.
Pot is going to be an expensive sleep aid.

NIghtWolf

I get high to wear off anxiety, it helps me being productive!

Just one/two hit though, more then that and I get lost to follow anything properly.

Top Bottom