• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Izayoi

Banned
Thing is; with the MFLB you need a little bit of practice to hit it right, so don't go around letting ur friends hit it. Most of the the time, they'll just burn the herb and complain that it doesn't hit good.
The new model has a battery that automatically pops out (among other improvements), I hear they're much better than the old ones.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ohhh shit gonna get ripped tonight, drink a few beers and eat a pizza and play games all night

GONNA BE OFF THE CHAIN BOIIII

Mr.Swag

Banned
The new model has a battery that automatically pops out (among other improvements), I hear they're much better than the old ones.

Being an early adopter always sucks :/
Maybe I'll upgrade one day. I'd rather just save up and get a volcano one day

Mr.Swag

Banned
Just took a shower after hitting the vape.
I hit Kief and that shit was pretty strong. Fresh battery and I hang used the thing in months. Great hit!!!

I don't even know if my shower was 10 minutes long or 35. And it was a little bit of kief

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Last night was the worst high I've ever had. It was a mix of Granddaddy, Sour and 5 bottles of Stella Artois. I woke up with a bloody nose.

Davey Cakes

Izayoi, thanks for the recommendation on that Topoo vaporizer. I was seriously considering it but after a bit of research I decided to go with the MFLB. Found what I hope is the latest model for $90 and figured that it'd be nice for my bro and I to try out, especially when going to other places. So, the portability definitely sold it, as well as the price. From what I can tell there are other portable vaporizers that are as good or better, but if I'm going to make the leap to the upper end we're talking $250 for the state of the art ones and I'm not ready for that sort of investment.

I'll try to do more research and look at some tutorials. Can't wait to try vaping. I really hope it delivers on giving a nice effect while not causing any of the throat irritation and coughing.

noobasuar

Banned
So for the rest of you, was it similar when you got high for the first time?

From reading your post I don't think that you actually got high. Trust me it will be a way crazier experience when you actually feel its effects. Everything you described is in line with the way I felt the first ten times I smoked and I also thought that I was "high" but I really wasn't. The first time I actually got high the world went super slow and it felt like I was in a mulitplayer video game where there is a huge amount of lag. Like I felt like I was moving through frames and I would see a new frame every couple of seconds. Very scary experience but at the same time I WISH I could get that high again lol.

From reading your post I don't think that you actually got high. Trust me it will be a way crazier experience when you actually feel its effects. Everything you described is in line with the way I felt the first ten times I smoked and I also thought that I was "high" but I really wasn't. The first time I actually got high the world went super slow and it felt like I was in a mulitplayer video game where there is a huge amount of lag. Like I felt like I was moving through frames and I would see a new frame every couple of seconds. Very scary experience but at the same time I WISH I could get that high again lol.

you just describe my initial experiences exactly

Jarate

Banned
Skyrim + enb mods + high texture pack + 3d tv + a bowl = pure bliss

you guys need to get a 3d tv just to experience skyrim.

aku:jiki

you just describe my initial experiences exactly
My first time smoking, I got fucked up, but never had any really out-of-the-ordinary experiences. Just extreme lightheadedness, sugar tasted AWESOME and music was amazing. Rez on the PS2 blew our minds. But nothing was running in slow motion and I didn't feel like I was in space or whatever.

It was a good introduction; two buddies showed up with 10g of green, then around midnight another friend called me and said "I heard you're getting high? I'm coming over!" and he brought 10g of hash. I spent a lot of time on my waterbed, because one of my (fairly large) speakers was positioned right next to the frame so I could literally feel the beats. One of my friends ended up sitting in a lazyboy chair turned towards the other speaker (and away from everyone else in the couches) for like 3 hours straight.

Man, we had some good fucking times back then. A decade later, smoking a joint just isn't the same. :(

Davey Cakes

I remember feeling like my head was about to float away like a balloon.
The last time I did it, that's what my entire body felt like.

Now, as for the first time I got really high, I was smoking Kush ("aromatic potpourri"), not regular marijuana. That was...interesting. Getting 3D effects and feeling my "frames per second" decreasing, but there was also a layer of hysteria to it. I laughed like a madman and got a little bit paranoid because I thought I took too much and didn't know where I'd plateau.

It was wild.

My most recent "out there" high was much more relaxed.

eugh, the last (and only) time i smoke and drank I had terrible spins and projectiled all over the place. never ever again.

yeah it's an either or with those two. interestingly enough i've found it to be the same case when i mix mushrooms and weed - liquor and mushrooms was supremely enjoyable though. put on some old 70s vinyl, with a few newer ones thrown in, and turned on some national geographic super hd netflix and laughed our asses off at all of the pareidolia-esque synchronicity.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Those times where smoke just keeps coming out of your mouth after you thought the hit was done are the best.

Bear

eugh, the last (and only) time i smoke and drank I had terrible spins and projectiled all over the place. never ever again.

I've never gotten this and I almost never drink without smoking. Then again, I smoke more often than I drink so that might be a factor.

HylianTom

Banned
Thinking about trying poppy seed tea. Worth it?
Not sure about tea. But about 13 years ago I had a pharmacy student friend in college who made poppy pod tea. He got the pods from a florist, pulverized them in a blender, and used a tea strainer(infuser?) to make a whole pot of it at a party. One cup made me floaty and numb and euphoric, and it was one of the best "druggish" feelings ever, but damn did it ever taste nasty.

Bear

i think the deciding factor is whether or not you get really fkn drunk and then try to smoke

That's how we end every drunken night. Still never had any problems, even after 10 beers.

One of my friends will occasionally get hit hard though, and he usually ends up puking if that happens.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I've never gotten this and I almost never drink without smoking. Then again, I smoke more often than I drink so that might be a factor.
I definitely think there's a fine line. When I cross it, that's when bad things happen. Usually from too much in the alcohol side of the equation.

OG Kush

After a night out me and my mates ALWAYS have to smoke. its just the best way to finish the night, I am at uni though and we do smoke way too much compared to the average person.

Flash

crap I remember this being my first experience of getting high as well. I smoked a few times before and didn't really feel anything (guess I wasn't inhaling properly) but one night before heading home I decided to smoke with a friend and I felt exactly what you described. I was freaked the fuck out and wanted out lol but looking back I think I'd enjoy it more this time around. Now when I smoke (usually combined with drinking) I don't get any crazy trips just normal relaxing buzz, never ending appetite and stupider conversations.

One of my good friends cannot tolerate weed - the second he takes a toke he just gets super quiet and antisocial lol. Any ideas why?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
One of my good friends cannot tolerate weed - the second he takes a toke he just gets super quiet and antisocial lol. Any ideas why?
Some people enjoy it better that way, I have a friend and we both get quiet as well when high and just enjoy the nothingness

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Trying to find a sweet spot to smoke at my parents place, but I may be regulated to toking near the garbage bins... Suburbs suck man.

Bread

Banned
I get panic attacks almost every time I smoke a decent amount of weed nowadays. I start to get super paranoid, heavy breathing, and the shakes.

It sucks, because I really used to enjoy the stuff. Now it seems like my brain just associates the smell and taste with the panic, cause I've tried many many times for it to be like it used to be and I've gotten nothing.
This post perfectly describes my situation. Out of HS 4 years ago, I started smoking a lot and it was great. I never had one issue, besides a lack of motivation. Fast forward to last fall, and my highs changed. I don't know why, or what caused it, but every time I smoked I couldn't sit still. Adjusting in my seat every 5 seconds. It was terrible. That led to me becoming paranoid about it, and my heart would race, and it would just take any fun out of the experience. I've been clean for a couple of months now, and I have no need to smoke again.

edit: I should also say that since I stopped smoking, I have experienced anxiety daily. I believe I am getting panic attacks, because my heart starts to race and I get light headed, so I'm seeing the doctor about this tomorrow.

DJMicLuv

This post perfectly describes my situation. Out of HS 4 years ago, I started smoking a lot and it was great. I never had one issue, besides a lack of motivation. Fast forward to last fall, and my highs changed. I don't know why, or what caused it, but every time I smoked I couldn't sit still. Adjusting in my seat every 5 seconds. It was terrible. That led to me becoming paranoid about it, and my heart would race, and it would just take any fun out of the experience. I've been clean for a couple of months now, and I have no need to smoke again.

Were you smoking the same weed throughout this period? I know that I get a different high from sativa and indica dominant strains. At the moment I'm smoking Lemon Haze (Sativa) for the high and the energy which can make you feel edgy and paranoid which is why I'm also smoking Blue Cheese (primarily Indica) which is more of a relaxed stoned feeling than a head high. The balance of the two works perfectly, I find, but it's not always easy to pick and choose the strain that's available in areas where it's still not legal.

Either way, good job on quitting, keep it up and I hope the panic attacks wane soon.

HiiiLife

White Rhino can be absolutely lovely, great taste and a nice high. Haven't had any for years but it was a treat when I had it. Enjoy it!

I usually only get Nothern Lights, Blueberry & Grandaddy Purp from my link.

This is exciting.

Rolling this one for you GAF.

Speaking of rolling.. What is your preferred way to getting high?

I'm going to assume a good amount of answers here are going to be a mix between vaporizers or volcanoes. Lol.

I'm a paper kinda guy. I personally don't see that changing.

Meatfist

Been killin' off some blue dream with some friends, it's been a goooood weekend.

It's always great when everyone's just sitting around drinking, and when you pull out that sack their eyes get all wide

aznpxdd

Oh man, was dry for almost a week.

Finally picked up last night and smoked a couple J's with my dealer/friend and was suuuuper faded. Mary Jane is so expensive in China :(

If I had a choice...a huge bong filled with ice to the top. Soooo smooth.

DJMicLuv

I roll. I've smoked tobacco for a long time so I roll with a mixture of weed and tobacco. With hash I definitely prefer a pipe though but I don't smoke a lot of that as the hash in the UK is mostly horrible 'soap bar' which has all sorts of strange shit in it. Bongs can be nice but I've never used one enough to be able to judge the amount I suck up and usually end up having lung spasms and coughing a lot. Eating it in cakes etc is a bit too much of a roulette in my limited experience, it can hit hard and suddenly after a long wait.

Mr.Fresh

I have been writing papers and studying for finals all day. My finals are Tuesday and its Sunday right now. I might end the night on a couple J's with my friends.

Banglish

edit: I should also say that since I stopped smoking, I have experienced anxiety daily. I believe I am getting panic attacks, because my heart starts to race and I get light headed, so I'm seeing the doctor about this tomorrow.

Damn. I was in the exact same situation about a year ago. Stopped smoking, still have anxiety problems. I think my main issue is to balance my life/health/school/work. Things are looking a better though now.

T Dollarz

Trying to find a sweet spot to smoke at my parents place, but I may be regulated to toking near the garbage bins... Suburbs suck man.

That's what I would do. When everyone in the house was asleep, post up on the side of the house in a lawn chair and toke. I did it every night for like a year, and amazingly nobody ever walked by. Looking back I still can't believe that lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The first time I got high on weed was probably the coolest experience of my life. The white noise from leaving the sink running sounded like beautiful music made from millions of notes. I stayed in there listening for like 15 minutes. Then I sat down and starting making all these weird electronic noises with my mouth like I was a speaker trying to reproduce a weird techno song, and my arms were doing all this robot shit flailing everywhere. But they were like slow, controlled flails like a machine would do. People were staring and going "what the fuck is he doing". I kept on going for like a half hour. I was fucking in the zone going hard.

Bear

The first time I got high on weed was probably the coolest experience of my life. The white noise from leaving the sink running sounded like beautiful music made from millions of notes. I stayed in there listening for like 15 minutes. Then I sat down and starting making all these weird electronic noises with my mouth like I was a speaker trying to reproduce a weird techno song, and my arms were doing all this robot shit flailing everywhere. But they were like slow, controlled flails like a machine would do. People were staring and going "what the fuck is he doing". I kept on going for like a half hour. I was fucking in the zone going hard.

I remember my first time, the day after we finished finals and two days before my 15th birthday. When we finished, a friend of mine started freaking out because he thought we were being watched, but it turned out to be a pair of pants hanging from a tree.

Then I ate chips and it felt like I was chewing on my teeth. I've never experienced anything like that before (or since).

Ashhong

This is what happens whenever I take a shower high. I make music out of the water coming out of the shower head, hitting my body, running down the pipe, whatever. It's amazing.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Weed is usually always different with me.
Truly depends on the situation. Smoke a blunt?
Took a couple hits off ma bong?
Was the weed a head or body high?
Usually I end up with a body high. Which I don't like As much as a Sativa.

I don't know about listening To a faucet for 15 minutes, but I'll do stupid shit when I'm high too.

Top Bottom