• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Am I the only one who prefers joints over a bong hit? I just fucking love to chill outside with a joint and get high slowly, you feel it coming up gradually. Bong hits are like BAM! RIGHT IN YO FACE BITCH, YOU'RE HIGH. Like chill out dude, I have all day, I'm not in a hurry.

Right there with you

These guys know how to do it. Nothing like going for a night time walk with joint in hand, wonderful stuff happens.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Heroin addicts probably love hitting the needle for the same reason. Pleasure through pain. Just jam that shit in there.

I think it's just the tangibility. I want to feel the inhalation, not just magically get high.

CTE

Agreed. I wanna actually feel something while I smoke, something scraping my lungs, something immediately making me want to choke and fuck up my brain, get me smacked for the entire night.

Kinda grabs you by the boo-boo don't it?

okno

I had a HORRIBLE trip on sugar cubes. First few times I did acid I tried paper tabs, which took about an hour to kick in.

The sugar cubes start kicking in about 15 minutes after first consumption. I had a huge steak meal before going to my buddies house thinking it was going to take an hour to kick in.

Long story short, I ended up throwing up, and thought I was throwing up blood and everything started turning red. Instant bad trip. My buddy who was on 5 hits was driving around Pasadena trying to calm me down, telling me I was not going to die. Not fun at all.

That has nothing to do with the fact that it was on a sugar cube and has everything to do with the fact that the sugar cube held a higher and more powerful dose than you had expected. Candies/cubes can hold far more than paper, my worst trip happened after I ate two sweet tarts. Probably ended up taking about six hits without realizing it, the most I had ever done prior to that was one strong dose. Horrible, horrible experience.

Oh, and never take LSD or shrooms on a full stomach, ever.

CTE

That has nothing to do with the fact that it was on a sugar cube and has everything to do with the fact that the sugar cube held a higher and more powerful dose than you had expected. Candies/cubes can hold far more than paper, my worst trip happened after I ate two sweet tarts. Probably ended up taking about six hits without realizing it, the most I had ever done prior to that was one strong dose. Horrible, horrible experience.

It can also have to do with taking a badly synthesized batch. Bad trips are not always the result of strength of the product.

Agreed. I wanna actually feel something while I smoke, something scraping my lungs, something immediately making me want to choke and fuck up my brain, get me smacked for the entire night.

I don't know, maybe I'm different from you but I thought that I would feel that way and vaporizing a few times didn't really do it for me which seemed to confirm that, but after that when it became my primary method I began to appreciate it so much more than smoking just because I could actually appreciate the finer points of taste, etc, that get obscured or destroyed when harsh smoke is involved. Also there's a bit of a tangible immune response that you can feel after smoking and I didn't really miss having that, either.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm going through this thread with a clipboard and writing down names. If I don't see the appropriate IP address, you better get your affairs in order.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
In my experience, the MFLB is really great the first 10-20 times you use it, but after that it's shit. I guess it's good for someone who doesn't smoke that often, but for regulars it just doesn't get the job done. There's no substitute for a good bong rip.

Thats weird.....although honestly you may be right, Ive had mine like 2 years and it still works well.
But i dont use it everyday, I only use when i feel like being discreet when not at home.....at home ive got a Vapir One which i use more often than my Magic Box.

My WISPR got stolen...i never replaced it because i figured its too good looking a device.
Forgive me, sometimes I have very very jade thoughts.

I almost got a magic box but eventually got a WISPR.
Great gizmo.

Yeah i had a WISPR as well....good devices, I think every smoker should invest in a Vape you can still do your shitty bongs all you want but atleast have a Vape for those special occasions.
But honestly joints are the best way to smoke, always have always will.

While a cone is always a good/fast way to get stoned I actually dont enjoy bongs and i dont understand how anyone can prefer bongs to joints or vapes unless they want to get high fast.
If you have time....and lets face it you are a stoner you got time, roll that shit, light that shit, smoke that shit.
Or Vape it like a man!

Wondering what you guys weekly/monthly budget is on the herb.
Between my girl and I we spend an average of $30 a week. We try to just stick to glass, so small amounts last.
How bout y'all?
Edit: I know people that'll spend $10 a day every day, for a blunt. Why they don't buy in bulk, I don't understand.

I spend $50 - $100 to get high with my girl per week....we dont smoke everyday so the bud lasts.
If im with more friends we usually buy $150 for a weekend.

I spend $50-$200 a day to get high. is that a lot?
Solo $50 to $200 a day is a lot, thats a shit load actually.
Unless your product is super expensive you are smoking quite a bit son.

nilbog21

Banned
For people with asthma, I would recommend not smoking. Or for others around them to be smoking. Maybe a vaporizer would work, I don't know. But I see teenagers come in with very severe asthma attacks after being around people who smoke tobacco and/or pot.

Vapor does not cause inflammation like smoke so I would say it is OK since it will not cause your airways to vasoconstrict. Could be wrong though

That's nice and all, but if you keep doing this habitually you will probably end up with lung cancer

Srsly

Banned
Vapor does not cause inflammation like smoke so I would say it is OK since it will not cause your airways to vasoconstrict. Could be wrong though

That's nice and all, but if you keep doing this habitually you will probably end up with lung cancer

Only about 20-25% of heavy TOBACCO smokers get lung cancers, so no, he will probably not get lung cancer if he keeps it up, if were going by the statistics for heavy tobacco smokers. And that's tobacco smoke. Marijuana smokers are much, much less likely to get lung cancer than tobacco smokers. In fact, marijuana smokers may not even be any more likely to get lung cancer than the general population. You can stop spreading bullshit now.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't get how smoking more joints than vaporizing is gonna give me cancer.

Black_Stride

Yeah, I don't get how smoking more joints than vaporizing is gonna give me cancer.

Dont worry about that shit.
Joints are the most social way to smoke IMO.
Yeah you can pass a pipe and bongs, but it just isnt the same.

Vaping is for when im solo and need to be discrete.....keep rolling son.
Cancer from joints is a fallacy, probably a remnant of all the propaganda from way back when.

Same people who spread the whole take LSD X times and you are clinically insane.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Last time I checked it's the tobacco and all the gunk in cigarettes that give you cancer not the actual paper.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just remembered over the summer me and my friends smoked a blunt until there was absolutely nothing left. It was insane the kind of hits we were taking from almost nothing.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Best way to deal with munchies?
Lately I've just been indulging myself when I'm high.
I want to stop.
Just tell your brain/stomach to stfu and let you do you. Unless you haven't ate, then it is probably a good idea to get some food in your system. I just ignore the munchies altogether...

akira28

For people with asthma, I would recommend not smoking. Or for others around them to be smoking. Maybe a vaporizer would work, I don't know. But I see teenagers come in with very severe asthma attacks after being around people who smoke tobacco and/or pot.

After experimental induction of acute bronchospasm in 8 subjects with clinically stable bronchial asthma, effects of 500 mg of smoked marijuana (2.0 per cent delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol) on specific airway conductance and thoracic gas volume were compared with those of 500 mg of smoked placebo marijuana (0.0 per cent delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol), 0.25 ml of aerosolized saline, and 0.25 ml of aerosolized isoproterenol (1,250 mug). Bronchospasm was induced on 4 separate occasions, by inhalation of methacholine and, on four other occasions, by exercise on a bicycle ergometer or treadmill. Methacholine and exercise caused average decreases in specific airway conductance of 40 to 55 per cent and 30 to 39 per cent, respectively, and average increases in thoracic gas volume of 35 to 43 per cent and 25 to 35 per cent, respectively. After methacholine-induced bronchospasm, placebo marijuana and saline inhalation produced minimal changes in specific airway conductance and thoracic gas volume, whereas 2.0 per cent marijuana and isoproterenol each caused a prompt correction of the bronchospasm and associated hyperinflation. After exercise-induced bronchospasm, placebo marijuana and saline were followed by gradual recovery during 30 to 60 min, whereas 2.0 per cent marijuana and isoproterenol caused an immediate reversal of exercise-induced asthma and hyperinflation.
i think it's possible that marijuana smoke doesn't induce asthma.

nilbog21

Banned
I want to stop.

grapes.jpg

Black_Stride

I want to stop.

Deal with munchies?
Embrace them.
Buy biltong.....really tough biltong, it will kill the munchies pretty quick.

zerotol

Banned

I was in Portland years ago and had a whole vial of liquid LSD. I had nothing to put it on so we just dumped it onto ripped up edges of paper towels and ate them, which was totally stupid because there was no way of knowing how much you were ingesting.

And the best way to kill a bad trip is by drinking. It's the only thing that ever worked for me.

Aadil

Banned
Question for US-Hi-Gaf, do you guys prefer bongs over spliffs? Bongs seem more common among you guys. In the UK is mainly spliffs, we prefer taking our time and chilling over a spliff rather than a quick hit of a bong I guess. Not to say bongs are bad though.

Also, do you guys mix tobacco with your weed like we do here? I'm guessing that you don't.

I've had asthma since I was 4 and been smoking cigarettes since 12, and weed since 16, quite heavily until I was about 21, and now I smoke a lot of cigarettes and hash (mixed with tobacco in a spliff). I would recommend smoking to anybody, as long as they enjoy it and have an inhaler close by...that being said, cold air affects me more than smoke.

Spliffs/Joints are the one. Still surprised many people in USA don't use filter/roach on their joints though.

They don't? That's...odd.

Black_Stride

Spliffs/Joints are the one. Still surprised many people in USA don't use filter/roach on their joints though.

What??
When I was in the US we used roaches, though some of my friends did some weird cigar thing that i never picked up.

Everywhere else in the world ive smoked joints have been essentially the same.

Roach, weed and a little tobacco to help it burn.
If im rolling i get good papers and smoke with no tobacco.

Izayoi

Banned
I smoked a $100 blunt last night with my brother and it was terrible. I've been spoiled by vaporizing, smoking sux.

I have spotty results with edibles too, sometimes I'll stuff myself with them and feel nothing, other times I'll have two or three bites and be unable to walk for the next six hours. I don't understand.

Top Bottom