• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost-Age: What have you experienced that freaked you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusei

Neo Member
I don't know how to classify this, either ghosts or freaky sounds, or my mind playing tricks on me. For about 10 years I lived in a really old house, apparently, this house was built over a cemetery. The first portion of my story was at said house. Since it was an apartment, it had 3 floors, top, middle, and basement. The basement was obviously the most scary part, since basements always have some freaky or spine tingling aspect to them. The basement was split up unto 2 parts, the furnace area and the main area, the main area was flooded with boxes and other misc items. The main area wasn't the problem, the furnace always had a very small blue flame, it was the only visible light in the room. For some reason or another, I had to go down into the main basement, the furnace room door was always open, it was difficult not to look into there. Once I was in there, I looked into the furnace room, nothing out of the ordinary, I find what I was looking for and glanced back into the room. I could promise anyone to this day that I saw someone looking back at me, this was the one and only time I saw this face, my journey into my basement was no different than any other day. For some reason I cannot let that one occurrence leave my mind.

A few years later, we move. Into a regular house, no apartment. In our old house, we lived on the 2nd floor, the people above us would walk about from time to time. The footsteps were loud enough to hear, and the house always had an eerie sound when they walked down the stairs and out the house. Once we moved, not only myself, but my family members can hear footsteps. Since there is no floor above us, we don't know what to make of all this. The footsteps are heard every once in a while, but they always remind me of my old house.

Linkhero1

I don't remember anything like a ghost encounter but I always hear voices when I'm awake at night and sometimes I hear chairs being dragged around or something similar. Also I've been getting Dejavu a lot more frequently these past weeks. I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in Jinns.

My friend also told me a couple of stories from his family. His grandmother lived in Pakistan. They lived in a small house and they're bed was on the floor. They had a couple of dolls laying on the ground and during the night one of the dolls gets up and starts circling the bed chanting something (yes sounds fake but I do believe in Jinns :p ) She just sat there until it stopped and went back to sleep. (I dont remember the story 100% but it was something close to this)

hooded pitohui said:
Why me though! My number wasn't even close to any of the emergency numbers on campus. If this person was really in danger, why call a random student? It wasn't anybody I knew, either. My guess is that some chick just got high as fuck and started calling people.

What about family and friends? Assuming the scream was associated with whatever kept her from speaking (being hit or having a knife/gun held to her throat/head), all you need is a reason for you to never hear of the incident again which is very easy to produce since many women feel ashamed after being abused/raped.

CabbageRed said:
What about family and friends? Assuming the scream was associated with whatever kept her from speaking (being hit or having a knife/gun held to her throat/head), all you need is a reason for you to never hear of the incident again which is very easy to produce since many women feel ashamed after being abused/raped.

Believe me, if I had any reason to believe it was somebody I knew or had ties to, I would've stayed on the line. I did not recognize the voice. Few people even knew my number at that point, having just moved into the dorm. Maybe it was somebody trying to reach the previous occupant. But it scared the shit out of me so I hung up.

Zeke

one night after I got out of work I was walking out of building and heard a lady scream "HELP ME, SOMEONE HELP ME!" I walked in the direction of where I heard the scream but never saw anyone I kept looking around for someone never found anything.

hooded pitohui said:
- A couple of stupid and easily-explainable things happened to me in college, but they scared me nonetheless. I was sleeping one night when I heard the telephone ringing. I stood up in the dark and stumbled over to it, took it off the hook (it was an older phone with a real bell that scares the shit out of me if the room is quiet, so waking up to it in the middle of the night is especially disconcerting) and put it to my ear. As soon as I did, I heard the most horrifying shriek on the other end. It was definitely a woman's scream. She stopped screaming, and I expected to hear people laughing on the other end, but then she started sobbing. I hung up and stayed up till dawn playing games.

Holy shit.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
back when I lived on Aruba there was this place called Frenchmen's Pass, basically a road that ran between two coral cliffs. Legend has it that back in the 1600's there was a battle nearby between invading Frenchies and indians, in which a lot of both died, so naturally people see ghosts there now. There's also some gold mill ruins nearby which can be deliciously creepy.
Sightings range from people seeing someone sitting in their backseat in the rearview mirror who isn't supposed to be there, to someone sitting on a tree (part of the trunk has grown horizontally) to hearing indians crying. There's also a blind corner in which people have died in car crashes, people usually leave little crosses where people have died, so it's no surprise that the haunting factor goes up even more.

My father used to host a radio show about paranormal, etc. stuff, and a few times he went to the pass around midnight to broadcast live, he also went to other haunted spots.

Of course, he never saw anything because it turns out ghosts aren't real.

vareon

I'm a Muslim, so my belief is that ghosts are simply delinquent Jinns (they're everywhere, but some of them likes to show their scary forms and such). And living in an eastern country means I had to deal with a LOT of freaky supernatural events :lol

I remember in my class on elementary school, a girl was possessed. She screamed loudly and stared blankly, then after a few minutes she calmed down BUT another girl is screaming and staring just like her. It jumped three or four times more until my religion teachers prayed intensely and the possessions were gone.

A more recent one was me on high school. I joined a traditional martial arts group, and in my country, traditional martial arts were often spiritual and bizzare. One time the teachers said that they would like to "open" me, so I had to drink a flowered water. I read a chant, I was then said to close my eyes and relax, and holy shit my body moved on it's own. I moved my arm, but they would come back to a starting position (crossing both in front of your chest) and then went down (crossing both in front of your hips). I opened my eyes to saw that all those who drank stood in the same last position as me, arms crossed in front of hips with right arm in the front. A few weeks later I tried it in my home (with the chant) and it worked the same. Now it's been years and I never chanted it again D:

Ubersnug

I can't say I've had any paranormal experiences myself, but my girlfriends sister had a story to tell.

She is a nurse in Ninewells Hospital In Dundee (which is in Damp and Cold Scotland).

Apparently, there have been quite a few times where a terminally ill patient has described being visited by a man in a black suit. Not long afterwards the patient would then, sadly, pass away. Sometimes the man in the black suit would walk out of the room just as one of the nurses would walk in or he would be sitting behind at the back while the nurse tended to the patients needs. The patient would ask 'Who the man at the back is' or 'who was the smartly dressed man who just left'. The nurses would obviously be puzzled and tell the patients that no-one else was/is in the room with them.

Also, these events only ever happens in one room of the hospital.

You could say that they where just hallucinating and the vision was a psychological effect of their body giving up. But why would they all be having the EXACT same hallucination? It's not as if these people are talking to each other or that the nurses are telling them of the man in the suit.

Ubersnug said:
I can't say I've had any paranormal experiences myself, but my girlfriends sister had a story to tell.

She is a nurse in Ninewells Hospital In Dundee (which is in Damp and Cold Scotland).

Apparently, there have been quite a few times where a terminally ill patient has described being visited by a man in a black suit. Not long afterwards the patient would then, sadly, pass away. Sometimes the man in the black suit would walk out of the room just as one of the nurses would walk in or he would be sitting behind at the back while the nurse tended to the patients needs. The patient would ask 'Who the man at the back is' or 'who was the smartly dressed man who just left'. The nurses would obviously be puzzled and tell the patients that no-one else was/is in the room with them.

Also, these events only ever happens in one room of the hospital.

You could say that they where just hallucinating and the vision was a psychological effect of their body giving up. But why would they all be having the EXACT same hallucination? It's not as if these people are talking to each other or that the nurses are telling them of the man in the suit.

I can't help but imagine the janitor from Scrubs doing it as a prank. :lol

I was really close to one of my old managers at work. she had lupus. we had gotten so close that she started calling me her son after awhile. I could ask her about anything, be silly with her, whatever. she was great. she started getting really sick but would still come to work and still try to remain as happy as possible even tho she was in lots of pain.

One day she was sitting at her desk doing something and i snuck up on her and popped a balloon. It scared the shit out of her but she thought it was so funny. She told me she would "get me". Not too long after that, maybe 2 months she passed away. She was very religious and had no fears whatsoever of dying. She'd always say he'll take me when he's ready.

At her funeral I was afraid to see her in her casket. I was sad, teary and didnt know what to expect but when i saw her it was so strange. It wasnt her laying there. It was just her body. A shell. All i could do was smile. I dont know why but i felt at ease.

Not even 2 weeks later I'm coming up the stairs after work to check my mail. got mail, turn around back toward the door what i just came thru and there was a balloon. Just floating in one spot. Not up, not down, eye level. I thought for a second ok where the F did that come from? Then i remembered the balloon from a couple months back and giggled and smiled. and as i did it started to slowly float up. She had gotten me just like she said she would.

althe13

my freind amanda swears that her dead gran visits her every now and again, she appears at the end of her bed. She rocks the bed and wakes her up.
All this started freaking me out, until she said 'I have a feeling she could appear tonight...' i was shit scared and couldnt sleep :(.

And one freind was such a good actor she convinced me and a couple of freinds that a spirit was following us, and touching our hair and stuff. Damn im gullible!

Jenga

Banned
starblade said:
(I can think of plenty a limbless torso could do)
Like running into you awkwardly repeatedly? I don't know, the image of a floating torso just repeatedly bonking into someone is funny to me.

Jenga

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Im so happy i actually stayed up tonight and will be sleeping in the morning, This thread has me creeped the fuck out.
I pray your rest is not plagued by limbless jinn torsos who'll stare at you while you sleep while messing with your lights for no particular reason

also make sure you're not resting above an indian burial ground/warsite/ceremony/etc

AniHawk

This didn't really freak me out, but I'll always remember it as something I cannot explain.

When I was young, my sister and I would often stay at our grandparents' house on the weekends (something like once a month). In the room with the main TV (the one that had cable :)), my grandfather would often spend time fixing this cuckoo clock that was mounted to a wall. Or try to fix it, anyway. He would wind the hour hands, pull on the weights, but mostly hit the pendulum to try and get it going again. He never had it taken to a clock shop to try and fix it. It just didn't work.

He died about ten years ago. He died in the room with the cable TV, under hospice care, and underneath the cuckoo clock. Some of the last memories I have of him living are pushing that pendulum on his deathbed, trying to make the clock work again, but nothing happened, because the clock didn't work. On the day he died, after they took his body to the morgue and took out the hospice bed, I walked over to the cuckoo clock and hit the pendulum once. It still works to this day.

A few months later, I learned from my mother that she and her family had made a promise that whoever got to heaven first would let the rest of the family know they got there okay.

Alright I'll bite.

When my cousin in law was younger he and his parents lived in an apartment that consisted of one long hallway and the doors to the rooms on one side and the bathroom at the other end. When his little brother had to go to the bathroom he would always wake him up to take him and when they went down the long hall they would always feel hands trying to grasp them.

Truant

Never experienced one myself, but my cousing who's a trustworthy guy told me a story once.

His dad, that would be my uncle, bought an old farm in Norway, where we live. These kinds of farms have a very distinct look. Check it out: http://home.online.no/~ksjohans/Gammel gard i Telemark_3.JPG - Warning: HUGE PICTURE.

Anyway, the whole family is at the farm one easter, as they usually are whenever they get the time, to renovate it and whatnot, because they intend to use it as a vacation resort.

During their last night, my cousing wakes up, and he can't see a thing. They have a light on in the hallway, so he knows he should be able to see that from under the door. Still, it's pitch black. Turning his head, he notices that the light is there, but that there's something blocking his view, right in front of him. He looks up and sees what he described as a very old lady looking down on him. He's never seen her since, but it really freaked him out.

Eteric Rice

Jenga said:
I pray your rest is not plagued by limbless jinn torsos who'll stare at you while you sleep while messing with your lights for no particular reason

also make sure you're not resting above an indian burial ground/warsite/ceremony/etc

And with that, I guess I should tell my dad's story. It's been a while since he told me about it so I can't remember the details or order ofthe story. All I know is this.

Their friend owned a camp and let my dad, my uncle, and a friend of theirs stay on the land for some reason. I think they were fishing oysters and the guy just let them stay there for a while.

Anyway, my dad starts digging in the dirt (I forget why) and finds some teeth and finger bones. It was then that my dad realized they were on top of an indian burial ground. From what he told me it wasn't always there, but when the camp was being built the builders dug up some dirt and put it there (I guess to get the camp higher in the air in case of hurricanes). They accidentally dug up an indian burial ground and moved it.

So anyway, that night they get drunk, and my dad told them about the teeth that he found. They, being drunk as hell, start dancing and singing around the fire like indians. That night, my dad's friend wakes him up, and it went something like this.

"Denny, wake up."

"What..."

"Come here, listen"

My dad gets up and goes by the window where his friend is. He listens, and doesn't really hear anything. His friend tells him to put his ear closer to the window. My dad does, and he hears the sound of drums playing. They stayed up and listened for a while before going back to bed.

The next day they decide they aren't going to do that shit anymore just in case. But, alas, that night they got drunk again, and got brave. They started singing and dancing around the fire again.

Later that night, they're sleeping. My dad and his friend are on the top bunk, and my uncle is on the lower bunk. Suddenly they wake up to the sound of the camp's screen doors opening. You know those old aluminum screen doors that make that "errrrr" noise when they open? Yeah, it was those.

The first door opens, and then SLAMS shut.

The second door opens, and then SLAMS shut.

They're listening to this, when all of a sudden my uncle starts screaming. They look down and see him half way out of the bed, holding on to the bed. My dad and his friend grab my uncle by the arms and hold on, something was pulling my uncle out of the bed. After a few moments whatever it was lets go. My uncle feels his legs, and they're ice cold.

Anyway, the next night they're drinking, but I don't think they were dancing or anything. But all of a sudden, everything gets quiet. No crickets, no animals, nothing. They're bewildered, trying to understand whats going on. All of a sudden a huge gust of wind comes through. They run inside for shelter. They figured that they got caught in a storm or something.

They decide to go to bed and wait the storm out. Well, there were these pieces of bamboo cane outside all stacked up. I forget what they were for, but that night during the storm they hear...

BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM

They were to scared to get out of bed, so they waited it out until morning. When they got up and went to the hallway part of the camp, the bamboo was sticking through the walls from outside. It was like someone took them and threw them at the camp like spears.

Well, after everything they went through they were freaked out. They thought it might have just been a tornado passing through that threw the bamboo, but when they went back to their boat, they found the tarpoleon that they had covered their oysters with, completely and perfectly folded. My dad described it like when solders fold the flag at another soldier's funeral. It was absolutely perfect.

So that's when they decide to get the fuck out of there. A few months later the guy that owned the place burned it down because of similar shit that happened.

I might be wrong on some of the more minor details of the occurence (it's been a while since he told me about it), but the main parts are right. I brought it up to my uncle and he told me the same story.

I've had random encounters. Some a bit stranger then others.

One morning about 5:30 am, back in junior high I saw a glowing figure look into my room, turn and then very quickly head to my brothers room. My bro was sleeping on the couch downstairs when this happened. As the figure left my vision I saw a flash of light and what sounded like breaking glass. I fell back asleep just thinking I was dreaming.

After I woke up I went to see if I was dreaming, or if I really saw something. The lightbulb had exploded.

My mom and dad use to tell a story about our first night in that house. They both woke up when they heard a mirror crash and could never find the broken mirror.

zon

I've never seen a ghost myself, but there's a medieval castle called Glimmingehus not far from where I live that I could visit if I ever wanted to hunt ghosts. Lots of people claim they have seen strange things going on both inside and outside the castle during the night. One of the more famous ghost sightings which most people have seen is a man chasing a woman dressed in white along the moat that surrounds the castle, it always ends with the woman jumping into the moat.

Apparently there lived a monk and a woman a long time ago that fell in love, but the monk couldn't marry her because he was a monk (duh) and that's what he told her. When the woman heard that she could never be with him, she ran out and killed herself by jumping into the moat. The monk ran after her to but he didn't manage to stop her.

You know, I might actually visit the place during the night when I have my own car (and a license).

Very interesting read Hteng. I'm Hmong(a Asian ethnic group) and some of the shit you wrote hits very close to home. My people are very superstitious and believe in the supernatural. The OG's are always telling us to not stay up late because we may be followed by spirits. I've also heard practically hundreds of stories about other hmongs who were possessed or visited by spirits with malicious intent and so on. Whether these stories are true or not they weren't made up or meant to scare, they're very real to the people who supposedly experienced it.

As for myself, I've never been personally involved in one. But when I was 6 years old, my grandma had passed away. Although I don't remember anything myself, I was told by my older siblings and cousins that strange noises was happening during the night. Such as footsteps and the toilet being flushed. Just a year later we moved away. And as far as I know, nothing like that ever happened again.

Honestly I don't know if I believe in ghost or not, but honestly, I'd be happy if I never had a paranormal experience. Whether it'd be real or just my own paranoia. I'm going to go ask my friends again about some of the ghost stories they use to tell me. If I have a good one I'll come back to post it.

AniHawk

6918bo.jpg

Anyway, after reading this thread tonight, I brought the dog inside.

hteng

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Very interesting read Hteng. I'm Hmong(a Asian ethnic group) and some of the shit you wrote hits very close to home. My people are very superstitious and believe in the supernatural. The OG's are always telling us to not stay up late because we may be followed by spirits. I've also heard practically hundreds of stories about other hmongs who were possessed or visited by spirits with malicious intent and so on. Whether these stories are true or not they weren't made up or meant to scare, they're very real to the people who supposedly experienced it.

As for myself, I've never been personally involved in one. But when I was 6 years old, my grandma had passed away. Although I don't remember anything myself, I was told by my older siblings and cousins that strange noises was happening during the night. Such as footsteps and the toilet being flushed. Just a year later we moved away. And as far as I know, nothing like that ever happened again.

Honestly I don't know if I believe in ghost or not, but honestly, I'd be happy if I never had a paranormal experience. Whether it'd be real or just my own paranoia. I'm going to go ask my friends again about some of the ghost stories they use to tell me. If I have a good one I'll come back to post it.

haha i too have not encounter any of those but based on a few close friend's experience just makes it feel real but either way, most of the stuff i said are common practice in chinese communities (like prayer before taking a piss, i don't want to take the risk lol), this month is actually the ghost season (the initial opening has passed but it'll last through out the month) you might notice there are rituals going on in chinatown or something.

alright i just recall another one.

you know Karaoke is a very popular activity in asian countries? now karaoke shops are fairly common in city areas, the way they charge are according to head counts. So you get a medium size room, which would fit around 5-6 people. You will register your head counts first before entering, now some people would try to cheat by registering as few head counts as possible, get into the room, the rest will move in later. To counter these sort of mishap, the shop would usually install CCTVs in the rooms and keep an eye on stuff.

Now, a couple of friends (5 of them) reserved a room and was at it for bout 3-4 hours, which lasted till 2 am. They proceed to warp up for the night, at the cashier, they noticed that the pricing was incorrect, the head count was 6, they tried to argue with the cashier that it has been 5 all along, it was a heated arguement, even the manager was called in, then they had no choice but to show them the recordings of the room, it freaked the hell out of them, there was a figure sitting at a corner, it did nothing, just sitting there, incidently it was also a female ghost (from their prospective)

I have another story. I was about 9 years old and was staying at my neighbor's house, since my family was out and wouldn't be back till late at night (around 12AM I think it was). For some odd reason, my neighbor decided to kick me out of the house at around 9PM at night and leave me outside my house by myself till my family came home. As I waited outside, I decided that I needed to look for a way in, so I went around the house looking for an open window which I did not find. What I did find though was something that I could never find an explanation for. There was this red light in my basement that was moving around for about 30 minutes and it then disappeared. I never saw this light again and the area where I saw it moving about in the basement was empty.

When my ex and I where first getting to know each other, we were talking in my grandparent's living room and the light nearby started going on and off. I shouldn't have seemed odd but it wouldn't stop unless we looked at it. Once we realized that something larger than faulty electrical wiring, we started trying to figure out what was going on. I pointed out that the house we were in was built (like any number of 'frontier age' houses in New Mexico) and that it almost certainly saw some action and was old enough to have been witness to a number of deaths.

When I suggested that the house may be haunted, the light went mad, flicking on and off. My ex was spooked as hell. After that it played out a bit like a binary game of ouija with us asking questions and it only blinking on and off if the asnwer to the question was yes.

It didn't take too long for us to learn that the ghost was the vicitim of a shoot out that occured more than a hundred years previously. His murder was largely ignored by those with him (they were robbers or something along those lines) and he was unceremoniously buried beneath the house. All of this would actually be kind of cool accept that I asked the ghost if it was hostile towards it at which point the light started turning on and off without end. I started say "oh my god" and my ex was freaking out to the point where I started to get worried about her.

The light was remote-controlled so that my grandparents wouldn't have to get up and I was using it to screw around with my ex. It hadn't occurred to me that she was the type to buy into this stuff so fully and quickly.

I am a ghost.

CabbageRed said:
When my ex and I where first getting to know each other, we were talking in my grandparent's living room and the light nearby started going on and off. I shouldn't have seemed odd but it wouldn't stop unless we looked at it. Once we realized that something larger than faulty electrical wiring, we started trying to figure out what was going on. I pointed out that the house we were in was built (like any number of 'frontier age' houses in New Mexico) and that it almost certainly saw some action and was old enough to have been witness to a number of deaths.

When I suggested that the house may be haunted, the light went mad, flicking on and off. My ex was spooked as hell. After that it played out a bit like a binary game of ouija with us asking questions and it only blinking on and off if the asnwer to the question was yes.

It didn't take too long for us to learn that the ghost was the vicitim of a shoot out that occured more than a hundred years previously. His murder was largely ignored by those with him (they were robbers or something along those lines) and he was unceremoniously buried beneath the house. All of this would actually be kind of cool accept that I asked the ghost if it was hostile towards it at which point the light started turning on and off without end. I started say "oh my god" and my ex was freaking out to the point where I started to get worried about her.

The light was remote-controlled so that my grandparents wouldn't have to get up and I was using it to screw around with my ex. It hadn't occurred to me that she was the type to buy into this stuff so fully and quickly.

I am a ghost.

That's awesome. :lol

ahoyle77

Here's mine...
From the time I was 5-8, my family lived in a 70's style ranch home. It wasn't large, but we never used the biggest room, which was the living room. I hated to go in there by myself, and my family only went in there generally if there was company. So one day I get home, I'm guessing I was about 7 or so, and I hear the piano playing in that room. No one else was home. I just dropped all my stuff and ran to my friends house. I was always freaked out about that room, but just kinda rationalized it as maybe the cat hit a key and I imagined that it was playing, or whatever.

So, cut to about twenty years later, and I tell my family this story. This opened the floodgates that everyone in my family had a situation like this, from hearing things, tv cutting on by itself, cold spots, just a general bad feeling, etc. It was odd that everyone kept it to themselves, thinking they were imagining things, until I told them about my experience.

Only other odd experience I had was in high school. One night at like midnight my friends and I decided to hike out to a civil war grave yard that was supposedly deep in the woods. Well, we park on this dirt road, then proceed to walk about 20-30 minutes to where this is. There is kinda a path, but as we walked futher, it becomes rougher and rougher. So when we get where it is, you are literally having to move vines, brush, etc, out of your way to take a step. As our flash lights are searching for markers or anything, we see a small headstone with a fresh, live rose. Now this place looked like no one had been there in years, and this rose looked like it was placed there that day. Sounds stupid for something like that to freak you out, but wow did it terrify all of us.

Eteric Rice said:
And with that, I guess I should tell my dad's story. It's been a while since he told me about it so I can't remember the details or order ofthe story. All I know is this.

Their friend owned a camp and let my dad, my uncle, and a friend of theirs stay on the land for some reason. I think they were fishing oysters and the guy just let them stay there for a while.

Anyway, my dad starts digging in the dirt (I forget why) and finds some teeth and finger bones. It was then that my dad realized they were on top of an indian burial ground. From what he told me it wasn't always there, but when the camp was being built the builders dug up some dirt and put it there (I guess to get the camp higher in the air in case of hurricanes). They accidentally dug up an indian burial ground and moved it.

So anyway, that night they get drunk, and my dad told them about the teeth that he found. They, being drunk as hell, start dancing and singing around the fire like indians. That night, my dad's friend wakes him up, and it went something like this.

"Denny, wake up."

"What..."

"Come here, listen"

My dad gets up and goes by the window where his friend is. He listens, and doesn't really hear anything. His friend tells him to put his ear closer to the window. My dad does, and he hears the sound of drums playing. They stayed up and listened for a while before going back to bed.

The next day they decide they aren't going to do that shit anymore just in case. But, alas, that night they got drunk again, and got brave. They started singing and dancing around the fire again.

Later that night, they're sleeping. My dad and his friend are on the top bunk, and my uncle is on the lower bunk. Suddenly they wake up to the sound of the camp's screen doors opening. You know those old aluminum screen doors that make that "errrrr" noise when they open? Yeah, it was those.

The first door opens, and then SLAMS shut.

The second door opens, and then SLAMS shut.

They're listening to this, when all of a sudden my uncle starts screaming. They look down and see him half way out of the bed, holding on to the bed. My dad and his friend grab my uncle by the arms and hold on, something was pulling my uncle out of the bed. After a few moments whatever it was lets go. My uncle feels his legs, and they're ice cold.

Anyway, the next night they're drinking, but I don't think they were dancing or anything. But all of a sudden, everything gets quiet. No crickets, no animals, nothing. They're bewildered, trying to understand whats going on. All of a sudden a huge gust of wind comes through. They run inside for shelter. They figured that they got caught in a storm or something.

They decide to go to bed and wait the storm out. Well, there were these pieces of bamboo cane outside all stacked up. I forget what they were for, but that night during the storm they hear...

BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM

They were to scared to get out of bed, so they waited it out until morning. When they got up and went to the hallway part of the camp, the bamboo was sticking through the walls from outside. It was like someone took them and threw them at the camp like spears.

Well, after everything they went through they were freaked out. They thought it might have just been a tornado passing through that threw the bamboo, but when they went back to their boat, they found the tarpoleon that they had covered their oysters with, completely and perfectly folded. My dad described it like when solders fold the flag at another soldier's funeral. It was absolutely perfect.

So that's when they decide to get the fuck out of there. A few months later the guy that owned the place burned it down because of similar shit that happened.

I might be wrong on some of the more minor details of the occurence (it's been a while since he told me about it), but the main parts are right. I brought it up to my uncle and he told me the same story.

Dude, if that is true then that is an amazingly freaky incident. In fact most of these stories are awesome and scary. Thanks to everyone for making this such a great thread. Keep em coming. I 'm fascinated reading all of this.

My6cats

Banned
super-heated plasma said:
My mom swears she saw our dead dog on our porch. So it's possible.

Yes, I think it was Molly/ In life she used to scratch at my door to enter the romm, and always got on top of me when I was laying in bed, or just lay on the bed if I was in my room sitting at my computer. The sad thing, Chloe no longer will lay around my feet like she was that one night. Fhe will lay right beside me, or by my head, but not on my feet.

My6cats said:
Yes, I think it was Molly/ In life she used to scratch at my door to enter the romm, and always got on top of me when I was laying in bed, or just lay on the bed if I was in my room sitting at my computer. The sad thing, Chloe no longer will lay around my feet like she was that one night. Fhe will lay right beside me, or by my head, but not on my feet.
The behavior you've just described applies to just about every normal cat in the history of history, so I don't see how you recognize , and only recognize, your dead cat in it.

My6cats

Banned
Now that is kind of creepy. I finish typing my last post, and I feel something furry rub ny leg. Thinking it is Chloe my cat I put my hend down to pet her, and a feel a cold nose. I look down to say something to her, and nothing is there. I just looked for all the cats , and they are either in my brother's room or in my mom's room asleep.

Mash

My6cats said:
Now that is kind of creepy. I finish typing my last post, and I feel something furry rub ny leg. Thinking it is Chloe my cat I put my hend down to pet her, and a feel a cold nose. I look down to say something to her, and nothing is there. I just looked for all the cats , and they are either in my brother's room or in my mom's room asleep.

I interpret random feelings on my body as spiders descending from my ceiling because I have an irrational fear of them. It's the same thing in that your personality forces an interpretation but with you it's felines, whereas for me, my worst nightmare.

My6cats said:

between you and the other guy in the thread hearing stuff move when hes posting, I think we opened a gateway.

Or your guys minds are just playing tricks on you because the thread is creeping you out.

I'm open to all possibiliites. :)

Mash said:
I interpret random feelings on my body as spiders descending from my ceiling because I have an irrational fear of them. It's the same thing in that your personality forces an interpretation but with you it's felines, whereas for me, my worst nightmare.
Or when you have no underlying fear/have no special connection with death cats/are not posting in a ghost stories thread/... you just shrug and scratch your legs without thinking anything more about it.

It happens so often that something *weird* happens in my home, like hearing knocking on the wall, or lights being on while I'm sure I had turned them off, or that the telephone rings at night but nobody answers when I pick up, or ... But I just assume the noise comes from outside or don't notice it, just turn off the lights again, and put down the phone without thinking anything other than "huh, strange". Why would you immediately search for reasons that are far less plausible?

Now, I often think afterwards: What if I had just read ghost stories, or saw a scary film, or saw a documentary on aliens, or ..., I'd suddenly be extra careful and be freaked out by the noises, lights or the telephone call. So I'm fairly sure 90% of all cases of "weird things happening", is just because people somehow got in the 'mood' to immediately assume it's something supernatural instead of looking for actual answers. Also, a lot of those stories are from childhoods (when you've got a vivid imagination) or when you're in bed (dreaming, night terrors, ...).

My6cats

Banned
Souldriver said:
The behavior you've just described applies to just about every normal cat in the history of history, so I don't see how you recognize , and only recognize, your dead cat in it.

The thing is when I opend the door, there was no cat there at the door! I guess it was her becuase this event happend one day after she passed away. I belive she was coming back to say goodbye. Actually, the only two cats that have ever scratched at my closed door have been Molly or Chloe. Chloe was in the room with me, and Molly had passed away.

My6cats said:
Actually, the only two cats that have ever scratched at my closed door have been Molly or Chloe.

But how many cats do you have that you feel you can do an accurate cross section? I doubt you have more than three cats, and certainly no more than five.

X26

Banned
Once when I was a kid I looked outside the living room window and thought I saw donatello from the ninja turtles in a trenchcoat and hat peering inside.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'll add my stories later.

Souldriver said:
It happens so often that something *weird* happens in my home, like hearing knocking on the wall, or lights being on while I'm sure I had turned them off, or that the telephone rings at night but nobody answers when I pick up, or ... But I just assume the noise comes from outside or don't notice it, just turn off the lights again, and put down the phone without thinking anything other than "huh, strange". Why would you immediately search for reasons that are far less plausible?
You're a bit boring. :/

X26 said:
Once when I was a kid I looked outside the living room window and thought I saw donatello from the ninja turtles in a trenchcoat and hat peering inside.
As a child, I had a recurring dream in which Mac Tonight would ride by my window on a flying motorcycle and motion for me to join him.

Here are three weird things that happened to me, all of which were probably just my mind playing tricks on me:

I had sleep paralysis one night, and I saw a glowing figure in my room. It was in the shape of a person, but it was just light, no features. I could barely see it because my eye lids would only open a fraction, but I felt its light. I prayed to God and it disappeared and I went to sleep.

Another time I had a normal sleep paralysis but this was a terrifying one. It lasted a very long time, the damn thing wouldn't go away. I prayed to God and it went away.

One time in Calc 2, I was tired and uninterested, so I went to sleep. As I was falling asleep, I fell through the universe. I can't even explain the feeling, but at the same time I saw everything in the universe - I remember zooming out from Earth into space very rapidly - and I then fell into everything in my field of vision and saw a REALLY bright light. I then woke up and didn't go to sleep again that class.

Souldriver said:
The word your looking for is rational.

Being rational is great. I would like to think I'm a very rational person. However, being rational and so closed minded you are not open to possibilities is completely different. Maybe most of these stories can be explained, and maybe they are bullshit, but they are fun to read and make a great thread, while at the same time letting people see that there may be more to the life than the "I only believe if if I see it with my own two eyes" mentality everyone has now a days.

My6cats

Banned
CabbageRed said:
But how many cats do you have that you feel you can do an accurate cross section? I doubt you have more than three cats, and certainly no more than five.

At the time of Molly's death My family had 4 cats left. My family has had as many as 7 for a very brief period. So, I am very fimiliar with cat behavior, and what they do or don't do.

I got a few, first one from my grandmother

this happenened some 40+ years ago, when my uncle was around 4 years old, my grandmother was staying in a realtive's house for the night, she can't remember why tough. It was near a factory of sorts, that would blow a whistle every 30 minutes past the hour, and the rooms she was staying was in the second floor of the house, and the stairs leading there had around 20 steps.

When she went to bed she couldn't sleep, so she kept counting the whistles, after she heard the 3:30 am whistle she noticed that my uncle, who was next to her, was already asleep and then she started hearing steps coming up on the stairs, she thought it was her relative, coming up after drinking water or something, but even after 20 steps, the sound didn't stop, the footsteps kept coming up and up and up, her hair started getting up and she held on to my uncle while the footsteps still went on and on. she started shaking from fear and that's the last thing she remembers before waking up the next day, she never stayed at that relative again.

Now a couple of mine:

When my first brother was born, I was around 2 years old. My mom left my brother on one side of the couch right beside me while I was watching Thundercats, when she came back five minutes later, my brother was sleeping soundly across the room while I was still sitting in the same place and she didn't hear a single sound coming from where we were, and my brother used to cry a lot for no reason.

My room is set up so when I'm seating at the computer the door is right next to me but I can't see it unless I go back around 50 centimeters, there's a window right across the door so when someone opens the door there's a slight breeze that passes by me, so I know when someone enters even if I'm wearing my headphones. Every so often, I feel the slight breeze and wonder who enters, only to remember that I'm alone.

A sense of fear overcomes me I can't can't, for some reason, turn back to see who entered, I start lowering my head into the desk due to some pressure and I can only turn my head to see behind me when I feel the breeze again that somebody opened the door

Lionheart1827 said:
I've told this story many times before and people always would get skeeved out when I tell it, even I do just thinking about it now. Not really a ghost story per se, but it totally screwed with my head.

Anyway, when I was in my freshman year of highschool, I think around 2000-2001 or so, it was summer time and I remember my room would get super hot and usually I'd have my fan on but it broke. So I go to sleep with my window open(there's a screen on the other side of the glass). I remember having a dream that I was behind a killer with a huge knife chasing a girl in a dark forest, and I remember saying to myself "come on girl just keep on running, keep on fucking running, dont look back just run!" Eventually the girl trips and falls, and the killer catches up to her. He raises the knife and is about to stab her in the chest, and right as its about to hit her I wake up in a cold sweat, and all of a sudden, I hear the most blood-curdling scream of a girl in the distance outside my window.

It was in the distance but you definitely hear it wasn't just a normal scream. I remember I shut my window so damn hard and closed the blinds, turned my light on and watched TV for the rest of the night. In the morning I was watching the news and a girl had been murdered in my neighborhood, I didn't know her since she was from another town, but it totally messed me up.

I will never ever forget that, and the same day I went out and got a new fan, and I never sleep with the window open anymore.

Damn man, out of all the stories on this thread, this one creeps me out the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom