• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lobby is pretty good right now.

Kevin Van Ord talking about reactions to his batman review. It's in the top 3 amount of hate he's gotten - apparently there was a Too Human defense force? the fuck?

Gave a shout out to 2 Human Video Thing too.

*BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP*

jgminto

You literally can't. Everytime you
destroy a gecko or the couple, they respawn before you can open the door. Moreover, there's the respawning sentries all around you. it's impossible.
. I have to sneak.

I can't turn off the alarm because I'm hiding in this place for the last 5 minutes, apparently unspotted after alarm set off.

Pretty sure you can, you just can't get hit. Mash that button, man.

danm999

I've finished the first episode, and really like the very Game of Thrones ending. I hope it holds up through the rest of the episodes.

Like a lot of Telltale stuff it begins real well, loses some steam in the middle, and will probably (hopefully) end decently.

The first episode is really good yeah, but I'm having trouble remembering subsequent ones.

Gestahl

Like a lot of Telltale stuff it begins real well, loses some steam in the middle, and will probably (hopefully) end decently.

The first episode is really good yeah, but I'm having trouble remembering subsequent ones.

Yeah it's kind of hard to keep interest in the dark politics of lumber disputes

C3BD2F5B2B3A47D8275494FA683D26C643DBD4BE

C2B81BDC2730A5E7DE27DF368545009C15FEADB9

guys i found a horse better than roach

danm999

Yeah it's kind of hard to keep interest in the dark politics of lumber disputes

It's true to the source material/s at least with the glacial middle pace.

I am kind of disappointed with the setting because I assumed that Telltale would base it in the thousands of years of undepicted history of Westeros and Essos where they'd have the freedom to tell any sort of story they wanted, at any scope.

Instead they have to do this sort of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead thing because I suppose they think this won't appeal to people unless Kit Harrington or Peter Dinklage is in it, even if we only see them during a smoke break or something and not during the important events of the book/show.

Volotaire

Pretty sure you can, you just can't get hit. Mash that button, man.

I give up for today. Third time in the game that I've been frustrated.
1st: Act 3, I was fine with all the tailing/sneaking mission until the very last segment (i..e 1 more minute of tailing until the car chase), where I lost my target. It took me quite a while to find a new target. 2nd time: Vamp boss fight. I knew how to kill him, but executing the syringe kill just didn't work for me multiple times because I was not grabbing him at the right time/way.

Also, given Dan's tweet, it's odd every year to hear about independence day celebrations in other countries. The UK has nothing like it.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Beats 1 is really eating my podcast listening time away :( I fear I'm going to become of these weirdos who thinks the BombCast is too long.
Weird. I received my first friend request on NeoGAF today. I forgot the feature even existed. Does anyone even use it here?
Nope.

Rainmaker

Banned
Alex is pretty fun on Twitter. He fits in with the people I follow anyway. People who don't like it are probably the people who didn't let us have that "poop joke" OT name that time!!!

Jeff said they decided for next year only 1 person will have a laptop out during their conference streams, smart cuz it did sometimes give the impression right or wrong that half the crew wasn't actually paying attention to the conference at any given time

No way, it's great.

I don't know, it's just the way Alex sort of fixates on something and hammers it long after it stops being funny. He's still on the Nic Cage internet bandwagon, for pete's sake. Jeff tends to latch onto stuff too, but he does so in moderation while Alex just keeps beating the dead horse. It's a me problem, I suppose. The speed of the internet has reduced my patience with funny internet jokes.

The minions are great and i'm actually looking forward to the next movie because of them (Despicable Me 3 as well but that's more for what could happen there given the status quo change that happened in 2)

Rainmaker

Banned
I don't know, it's just the way Alex sort of fixates on something and hammers it long after it stops being funny. He's still on the Nic Cage internet bandwagon, for pete's sake. Jeff tends to latch onto stuff too, but he does so in moderation while Alex just keeps beating the dead horse. It's a me problem, I suppose. The speed of the internet has reduced my patience with funny internet jokes.

I feel like Alex has gotten a lot better with this as of late and has upped his banter game 1000%. Minion jokes are in their prime right now. Tomorrow? No way.

They've said (and it's GB policy) to not start playthroughs if a game is released recently. Therefore, they've got a year or so.

What? They've said a few times they (ideally) want to finish MGS4 before V is released. I don't mean they'll be going straight into a playthrough of V!

It's true, I always look to Rainmaker for guidance. I will tolerate minion jokes for exactly 24 hours until I have a complete mental breakdown in front of you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom