• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Why did Huey, Eli, and the whole gang tag along for the
Sahelanthropus
fight? Seems so contrived, just so
Eli and Psycho Kid could take over Sahelanthropus.

why not Earthbound? might as well do that first.

So I've said in the past that EarthBound would be a good pick for a GB playthrough, but then a couple months ago I went and replayed that game all the way through and it's actually way grindier than I remember. Moreso than Chrono Trigger, for sure. I don't know that it would be very interesting to watch.

I've never played Mother 3 but supposedly it has a more engaging battle system and more of an actual narrative.

Why did Huey, Eli, and the whole gang tag along for the
Sahelanthropus
fight? Seems so contrived, just so
Eli and Psycho Kid could take over Sahelanthropus.

It makes some amount of sense for Huey to be there, but I can't think of any reason for Eli to be there.

Edit: Nevermind,
I remember that Eli sneaks onto the helicopter or something like that.

oti

Banned
Look I support anime

Shake-Head-No-GIF.gif

justjim89

Shaking my head at Drew tanking his way through this mission. That base is one of the like 5 decent places for interesting sneaking in that whole game.

Patryn

So I've said in the past that EarthBound would be a good pick for a GB playthrough, but then a couple months ago I went and replayed that game all the way through and it's actually way grindier than I remember. Moreso than Chrono Trigger, for sure. I don't know that it would be very interesting to watch.

I've never played Mother 3 but supposedly it has a more engaging battle system and more of an actual narrative.

I dunno. 90 minutes doesn't seem that grindy. Hell, it's shorter than the longer QLs.

Gestahl

You only need to mash some battles in at the very beginning and a bit when you get Paula. Otherwise if you just fight every enemy you come across you wind up fine.

You only need to mash some battles in at the very beginning and a bit when you get Paula. Otherwise if you just fight every enemy you come across you wind up fine.

Ehhh, there are some really nasty difficulty spikes later on like the department store, and the random encounter rate is pretty high throughout the game. If I hadn't had the ability to speed up the battles (*cough*) I probably wouldn't have finished it.

jaina

Grinding in Earthbound on an emulator at higher speed against enemies with auto-win was alright.
Yeah, not an interesting endurance run and they would get stuck several times.
Ehhh, there are some really nasty difficulty spikes later on like the department store, and the random encounter rate is pretty high throughout the game. If I hadn't had the ability to speed up the battles (*cough*) I probably wouldn't have finished it.
department store was the first time I needed grinding, I remember

I've been getting back into Borderlands:TPS recently doing a solo run and man, I'd have soooo much more fun in those games if the guns actually felt good to shoot. That's really what Destiny had going for it.

i used the tank to blow the fuck up out of that area, too. Took it as far as i could before it blew up, then somehow snuck through the rest of the base.

I haven't watched the latest MGScanlon, im a couple of episodes behind, but i knew exactly what you guys were talking about when 'tank' was mentioned lol

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I'd forgotten how paranoid Alexis got by the time they got to cheat engine.

You know you watch too much GB content when that video is the first thing that popped into your head. xD

It's what I thought of too. I've never been so fooled by a webpage as Vinny was by three or four consecutive download sites. The way you actually know that you watch too much GB content is when you read that news and immediately are reminded of Sleeping Dogs because of the Halloween DLC quick look which also descended into similar madness.

why not Earthbound? might as well do that first.

I mean, they're fairly unrelated (besides the one major way they are which I won't go into (but anyone who's played Super Smash Bros. Brawl will know what it is (thanks Sakurai))) so it doesn't really matter

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I only just saw there's a new playdate and I've been to the site at least 5 times today. They really sneak up on ya.

MOTHER 3 is a Top 10 Nintendo game.

If I absolutely hated Earthbound, would there be a chance I'd enjoy it? So far, Undertale has been a total bust for me too. Not having alternate saves kills it for me, because apparently the run I'm on is nearly impossible for me to beat.

SomberOwl

Anyone have any speculation on what Game Freak is up to? They didn't release a Pokemon game this year. New or remastered. They've been on a yearly cycle for a while with either a re-release or a new game.

I'm hoping they're working on that full fledged Pokemon game for a console people have been wanting forever. The NX maybe? Maaaan that would be a killer game to launch a new console with.

Anyone have any speculation on what Game Freak is up to? They didn't release a Pokemon game this year. New or remastered. They've been on a yearly cycle for a while with either a re-release or a new game.

I'm hoping they're working on that full fledged Pokemon game for a console people have been wanting forever. The NX maybe? Maaaan that would be a killer game to launch a new console with.

Pokemon Z is in the works, we know that for sure since there are movie tie-ins in Japan. But other than that I don't think there's anything known.

hamchan

On the latest ep of MGSV Dan continues with the worst advice telling Drew there's no path to the left even though there is, then tells Drew to shoot a rocket at the three guards.

Another guest article up on Giant Bomb-
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/guest-column-the-redemption-of-the-inquisition/1100-5390/

Huh uhm...aren't they blowing through their freelance budget by putting them up quickly in succession? I thought it would be a 1 every week kinda thing..(Not saying it's a bad thing, just wondering if they're uh, figuratively blowing their load quickly. But apparently according to Austins Twitter it's been in the works for a year or so?)

If I absolutely hated Earthbound, would there be a chance I'd enjoy it? So far, Undertale has been a total bust for me too. Not having alternate saves kills it for me, because apparently the run I'm on is nearly impossible for me to beat.

I've no idea, but MOTHER 3 is definitely better written than either of those games.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/guest-column-the-redemption-of-the-inquisition/1100-5390/

Huh uhm...aren't they blowing through their freelance budget by putting them up quickly in succession? I thought it would be a 1 every week kinda thing..(Not saying it's a bad thing, just wondering if they're uh, figuratively blowing their load quickly. But apparently according to Austins Twitter it's been in the works for a year or so?)

I'm sure they've crunched the numbers to figure out how often they can do this.

hamchan

Reads like a review of the Tresspasser DLC which apparently I need to play.

popo

I doubt it will be three a week, every week but freelance is relatively cheap - so might as well kick it off in style.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Austin chats with new Giant Bomb guest contributor Rowan Kaiser about MMOs, Strategy Games, Dragon Ages, and the perils of being a freelancer.

Yeah, that every item in that sentence means I can blissfully pass.

repeater

On the latest ep of MGSV Dan continues with the worst advice telling Drew there's no path to the left even though there is, then tells Drew to shoot a rocket at the three guards.
Everyone complains about MGS5 being too easy. Dan's just trying to even the odds and make it more interesting for the viewers.

Khezu

I haven't been paying attention to GB in the last few weeks.

What's up with the guest stuff?

Is there more to it then paying random people to do written articles?

daydream

Banned
I haven't been paying attention to GB in the last few weeks.

What's up with the guest stuff?

Is there more to it then paying random people to do written articles?

it's a whole thing

a cara article is all i'm interested in. the stuff published so far is pretty cookie-cutter, though i did enjoy greg's little blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom