• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that? Like a speaker you attach to your seat?

It takes your device's low-frequency audio like a subwoofer, but instead of just amplifying it, the transducer converts it to frequency-accurate vibration.

In practice, it means in Star Citizen my whole chair shakes when I'm firing, taking hits, accelerating, etc. It's not just a binary vibration though, it is directly translating the audio so it feels right.

I watch best of Giant Bomb all the time with friends who aren't as invested in GB's work. It's cool that Giant Bomb is making these videos official, letting the creator get paid for his work as well as Giant Bomb probably getting some ad money.

That's great news about Best of Giant Bomb. That guy has put an unbelievable amount of work into those, completely for free. What an awesome thing for a GB superfan.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now that it's a paying gig, dude should really overlay the titles of the videos from which the cuts were taken from. I know they're in the description.

kvk1

Big congratulations to xpantherx/TurboMan.

I've wasted a good bit of time and lots of laughs watching his different compilations.

They're always good for a quick pick-me-up or to reminisce.

Here's to bigger and better things.

Myggen

When are they gonna hire me to put poorly edited clips of their podcasts on the site?

But seriously, good move and great for TurboMan. He was hinting at this a few months ago, glad to see it happen!

Myggen

Is there a point to watching those videos if you've already seen all the videos they're pulled from?

Going back to older best of videos are always a good time for me the same way I like to watch some highlights of my favourite comedy shows on YT from time to time.

valeo

That's pretty awesome. GB could've just easily kept letting him do it for free with no monetary compensation. They could've also told him to stop making them because of the inclusion of premium content (and would've been well within their rights to do so).

Good stuff all round.

hamchan

Awesome that Best of Giant Bomb is now on the site. xPantherx has been doing it for so long it's great that he gets recognition.

Do you enjoy clip shows from your favorite TV series?

I don't think I have one, honestly.

Edit:
Do you watch highlight shows when you've seen the full game?
Not really. I'll occasionally watch the last minute or so of a game if it had a really great finish, but that's about it. I find that highlights typically lose why something is so great in context.

Second Edit:
I wasn't trying to be snide with my previous question. I honestly didn't know if there were any extra enjoyment to be had via extra content or special editing.

Vinny talking about the kinda boring organizational stuff he's been dealing with lately makes more sense in light of the freelance writers/Best of Giant Bomb developments. I have to imagine there was a ton of red tape to deal with for hiring contractual work (if it's anything like the county I work for, at least).

All the anime, constant yelling and talking and insane effects in Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel makes me feel like i'm watching an anime vs anime fight in Saltybet.

neshcom

Banned
Vinny talking about the kinda boring organizational stuff he's been dealing with lately makes more sense in light of the freelance writers/Best of Giant Bomb developments. I have to imagine there was a ton of red tape to deal with for hiring contractual work (if it's anything like the county I work for, at least).

Oh god, yeah that must be awful. Contract hiring bureaucracy is the worst, especially in large organizations. Between tax stuff and payroll systems, this stuff is never fast. Or even slow.

Lunar FC

So happy we're getting Best of regularly! Is it going to be weekly? Or still on Turboman's schedule?

Think monthly would be ideal. Not enough content even comes out in a week to fill a 20 minute reel. Unless we want the highlights to be just a selection of random moments like the one Patrick put out.

Tubobutts

Holy cow. I didn't know Vinny had a text form.

This is crazy.

This is stupid but I like that my internet broke as I clicked the link so I just saw a Vinny gif and the 404 luchadeer page trying to take over the rest of the page. I think it was a good representation of text Vinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom