• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Videoball looks good enough to add to my collection of couch competitive games.

Recently I've just been playing Towerfall (still the most popular), Ultimate Chicken Horse, Gangbeasts, and Duck Game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd kill for a tiny Dreamcast with a built-in library.

Too bad all sorts of licensing issues would fuck up a lot of the big name games you'd want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where's the kickstarter for a spiritual successor to Crazy Taxi already? I don't need 8,000 Metroid and Castlevania-likes. I need Crazy Uber.

or someone can just buy me this
tumblr_o0ncbwOhGx1t51kf8o2_400.png

Jintor

It was probably impossible but I was really hoping someone would make a mod for Cities Skyline where you import your city and it just generates Crazy Taxi missions based on it

It was probably impossible but I was really hoping someone would make a mod for Cities Skyline where you import your city and it just generates Crazy Taxi missions based on it

Best part of Streets of SimCity back in the day was that you could import your SimCity 2000 cities and drive around in them in full 3D. Shit was freaking awesome.

Edit: Or SimCopter

Megasoum

Banned

Just like SimCopter with Sim City 2000!

Man... SimCopter was kinda rad

Just like SimCopter with Sim City 2000!

Man... SimCopter was kinda rad

I could've sworn Drew played SimCopter on UPF or something a few years back. Like I have vague memories of them commenting on what a broke piece of shit game it was. Am I going crazy? There's no linked videos under the Giant Bomb SimCopter wiki page.

Megasoum

Banned
I could've sworn Drew played SimCopter on UPF or something a few years back. Like I have vague memories of them commenting on what a broke piece of shit game it was. Am I going crazy? There's no linked videos under the Giant Bomb SimCopter wiki page.

It's not on the QLCrew list of games so I guess not.

FStop7

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed that they've ducked the CSGO gambling stuff. Austin or Patrick wouldn't let them off the hook like this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I found some guys youtube where he just uploads video of him driving down major highways around the country set to 80s rock.

and man. I'm pretty jealous.

SimCopter's still a well-regarded but rushed game as opposed to a cheap cash-in on car combat games that was completely out of character for Maxis

Haha what? I don't recall SimCopter ever being regarded as anything more than a broken piece-of-shit mess of a game. The only thing SimCopter was known for was the controversy surrounding its NPC models with fluorescent nipples.

My 8 year old self loved both those shitty games

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha what? I don't recall SimCopter ever being regarded as anything more than a broken piece-of-shit mess of a game. The only thing SimCopter was known for was the controversy surrounding its NPC models with fluorescent nipples.

My 8 year old self loved both those shitty games

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/simcopter-review/1900-2533016/
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/streets-of-simcity-review/1900-2533250/

SimCopter at least felt original. I don't remember anyone saying anything positive about Streets other than 'it's a broken piece of shit that really wants to be a car combat game'

Haven't touched SFV in a couple of months, but the release of the story mode got me back to playing online regularly.

Still in bronze, but I'm not dropping back into unranked anymore so thats alright.

I found some guys youtube where he just uploads video of him driving down major highways around the country set to 80s rock.

and man. I'm pretty jealous.

That's the dream, right there.

Oh damn, I didn't see the bottom one. I'm not as low on EXs as some other folks around here but yeah, I wish they had DXMD on their own.

Twist: it's Dave Lang for both of them.

Haven't touched SFV in a couple of months, but the release of the story mode got me back to playing online regularly.

Still in bronze, but I'm not dropping back into unranked anymore so thats alright.

That's the dream, right there.

Are we twins? Have you also found Magic Pixel comebacks snatching away your points?

Zereta

I'm kind of disappointed that they've ducked the CSGO gambling stuff. Austin or Patrick wouldn't let them off the hook like this.

I mean the Giant Bomb crew isn't the most new-sy in that sense. Since literally every other news outlet is reporting on it, I'm guessing Jeff and gang decided it would best for them to let those other guys do the reporting while acknowledging it in the podcasts and stuff.

Every time I see Tabletop sim on sale I think I should get it, then don't because I have nobody to play it with, then promptly regret not getting it within a week.

I started by convincing four other friends from school that it was a good way to get back to being able to play Seven Wonders like we used to, and by the end it ballooned to nine man secret hitler sessions.

Then everyone got too busy and we stopped.

Chuck

Still without luck
Every time I see Tabletop sim on sale I think I should get it, then don't because I have nobody to play it with, then promptly regret not getting it within a week.

It's great! I'm probably going to play a bunch more after how well clue went.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
My dad asked me what a Pokemon is. He didn't do that when I was super hardcore into Pokemon Red. Too late dad! Now I too am too old to understand it!

Fantastapotamus

Do they hire people to replace at least some of them? It really feels like Gamespot closing down is imminent. Obviously that won't happen cause the name is still big enough but I wonder if they will just get turned into a news site without any other content.

oti

Banned
I dunno, I've always felt like quick looks of bad games were among the more entertaining quick looks, I'm just not interested in watching them. Hell, Demo Derby might be my favorite feature on GB and I haven't bothered to watch the new one and I'm not really feeling the urge. The only thing I've watched are Ryan and Brad's Deadly Premonition videos.

I hate to say it, but I think it's Dan. It's like I need to take a break and recharge.

Dan: I hate recharging. And lemons. I hate lemons. When I was a kid I tried to put two whole lemons in my mouth and I had to go to the hospital. What's the difference between a lemon and a lime?

Jintor

austin was my dan recharging bomber, which is why it was great when they were together; it was like a perpetual motion machine

Fantastapotamus

I dunno, I've always felt like quick looks of bad games were among the more entertaining quick looks, I'm just not interested in watching them. Hell, Demo Derby might be my favorite feature on GB and I haven't bothered to watch the new one and I'm not really feeling the urge. The only thing I've watched are Ryan and Brad's Deadly Premonition videos.

I hate to say it, but I think it's Dan. It's like I need to take a break and recharge.

Problem is that most of those games were bad in a boring way. Mighty No. 9 is not some broken mess, it's just a sub-standard plattformer. Ghostbusters is not broken, it's just boooooring. I wish they would sometimes take a look at some weirder games on Steam. I miss the Drew/Dan "Horror"game Quicklooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom