• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

strafer

Enjoy? I think?

FF XIII is a very flawed game but I enjoyed my time with it. Fantastic music too.

Haven't played that long. I'm controlling some weird little anime girl with a weird accent now.

But I do like the characters so far. The last Final Fantasy game I played was 10.

Cv395SNWEAAtx6J.jpg:medium

If you told me I could have this and nothing else as Giant Bomb's line-up, I'd be more than okay with it.

Patrick, Jeff and Vinny together :'( Two are coasts apart and one works on an entirely new site. Sad.

Sorry Brad, Dan and Drew, you ain't got shit on that dream team.

oti

Banned
If you told me I could have this and nothing else as Giant Bomb's line-up, I'd be more than okay with it.

Patrick, Jeff and Vinny together :'( Two are coasts apart and one works on an entirely new site. Sad.

Sorry Brad, Dan and Drew, you ain't got shit on that dream team.

You forgot Jason.
Rude.

robotrock

Banned
Did the pea, put my heatsink back on, should it sort itself out? I applied some pressure on the heatsink when putting it back on.

Not sure if this is the kind of thing that takes a week to set in or something

No no, you're overthinking it. The processor will heat up and the paste will spread across the surface.

Volotaire

No no, you're overthinking it. The processor will heat up and the paste will spread across the surface.

Yeh it's easy to feel worried about how the paste is applied after you put the heatsink on, but it will spread!

For one of my first builds, I was really nervous. I removed the heatsink off after I had booted the machine to check if it was ok. Paste was spread evenly!

robotrock

Banned
So you guys are saying I probably shouldn't have applied pressure right?

No biggie. If I have to reapply let me know. Wish I could take a peak at this thing

Today's Beastcast is a perfect example of why I personally still find Jeff Gerstmann and Giant Bomb as a whole to still be actually valuable, beyond just entertaining: because its so important that people with a decade plus of video game coverage experience are still working and weighing in. There's perspective there that younger journalists just don't have

Agreed!

As soon as I read the description of the episode I said to myself, "boy, this is going to be good!". What an excellent discussion between Jeff, Vinny and Alex. They all have a bunch of experience in the industry which as you pointed out gives them perspective on the shifts in the industry. I sometimes wonder if their swimming against the current. As you hear them describe, at one point in time GameSpot represented the forefront of game coverage. GiantBomb is kind of like a hybrid between the old way and the new. Almost like a bandaid or a bridge. Will we see the industry move towards self published content and YouTube influencers outreach?

Top Bottom