• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny's new doc is going to be amaaazing. This is definitely one to be hyped up to the high mountains for.

Austin's solo stream had Far Cry and smooth jazz, we got Vinny on the guitar, Quakehat Brad (Legendary skin)... I'm okay with solo streams.

Also, mystery murder box. I really enjoyed all of last year's EL.

Is that the mini NES thing?

BSPdNby.gif

Vinnyvania is done!

Aww, I thought we would be having maybe one or two more episodes but that's fine! Can't wait to see the final episode and Vinny's final thoughts on all this.

0fRKXWY.gif

The Oestreicher family stream is always great.

YES. I'm hoping we get to see more of Jason's FMVs.

Mr. F

Banned
Extra Life really isn't even worth watching anymore, the whole split up situation sucks, I wish they would just nut up and do a 24 hour studio stream, or a 12 hour West, 12 hour East stream.

It's jarring to me that they didn't save a Mario party for Extra Life in-studio streaming, it would be a perfect fit and knock out a big chunk of time. Even live game tapes with donor goals for different tapes or some shit.

The schedule is a bummer, and the overlapping programming with UPF is dumb. I'd hope it means for some dumb east/west stuff during UPF that ties into Alex'a stream but probably no chance

Ashby

There is no freakin' way they're getting all the Mario Party Parties done before GOTY gears up and then Dan leaves.

Tagyhag

I'll be skipping the solo streams, Jeff is the only that can really hold my attention on them, but I hope that people enjoy them.

And hey, at least they're doing something!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm telling you they've been recording them.

Or they are the GOTY theme. Which would be nuts.

Salarians

The next Mario Party Party is just a video of Jeff burning every copy of Mario Party they have while Dan is forced to watch. Then Jeff, Brad, and Drew don paper party hats, toast with champagne, and eat fancy cheeses while Dan lies on the floor in a pool of his own tears.

Problem solved.

Giganteus

I guess I'm the only one who enjoys the Drew and friends stream
I love the Drew and Alexis extra life streams. If I had my way, it'd just be Drew + Alexis + anyone willing to go 24 hours each year.

I plan on watching the full 24 hours with them, because I'm crazy.

Maiorum

There is no freakin' way they're getting all the Mario Party Parties done before GOTY gears up and then Dan leaves.

Yeah. They do the GOTY podcasts/skits in the beginning of December, so they'd have to do one a week to get them done before then.

Tagyhag

The next Mario Party is the last big one.

They can do 9 and 10 on the same stream, the games are 45 minutes each board at the very longest. They have time.

Johndoey

Banned
Next Mario Party stream is Jeff, Dan, Brad, and Drew locked in the studio and playing every Mario Party 2 board.
--
Astro Boy Omega Factor is so damn good.

strafer

Well thats disappointing. They must really hate kids.

I miss that big extra life they did a few years ago, that was real dope.

Catching up on UPF, and ooh, there are still servers for FEAR Combat? Might need to look that up, that was way more fun than it had any right to be.

Johndoey

Banned
Man half the news from the Berserk game has been sketch as fuck. Koei is on some shit.

That announcement trailer was straight up nasty.

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff is right... The Titanfall 2 campaign is doing so really cool stuff

TF2 Campaign Spoiler:
Just escaped from the simulation dome

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I went to look at the comment section of the farming simulator quick look and it's apparently about climate change denial?

Can someone post campaign spoilers for titanfall 2 for me to explain why its so good? Have no intention of getting or playing it so yea...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can someone post campaign spoilers for titanfall 2 for me to explain why its so good? Have no intention of getting or playing it so yea...

I mean, the story's not the biggest part of why it's so good. It's a lot of really fun set pieces.

Like BT's alright but I hope no one's acting like the story itself is great.
I mean first of all, it's one day a year, second of all it's for the kids, third the fun for the viewer comes from seeing them go mad over the course of 24 hours, if I wanted to watch 1 duder play games for a few hours I would load up an old stream or go to twitch.

This is the thing. They'll make a lot of money for the charity and at the end of the day, that's what's most important. But Extra Life is supposed to be an Ironman. And it feels like another cop out. The whole thing is supposed to be toughing it out for the kids. It'd be like saying you're doing a charity run... but you're only doing 1/4th of it and you're handing the baton off to your buddies to do the rest of it.

Johndoey

Banned
It gets into some weird ass time distortion at one point and all the villains you fight are basically out of Running Man complete with showy finishing moves when you beat them. Besides that a significant amount of the game is in a prefab housing facility so you riding around in half built homes going up walls and shooting people. It's bonkers.

It's strength is not the writing it's the scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom