• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

mhanna49

Neo Member
Just tuned into UPF and it is the old games. I wish they had a show to show off this kind of hardware how well it runs the old games...maybe they could call it the old games show?

/s

Hopefully they finished Chapter 4 this week...

yea if they mainline the story they could probs finish it somewhat quickly. I think they should dabble with the real estate and cabaret club mini side stories a little, but they've already done a lot of the good sub stories and the main story really gets good.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't seen a Fast and Furious since the first one, and I hated that one about as hard as I could hate a movie at the time. There's pretty much zero chance of me ever watching the movies that were hated by even people who enjoyed that trash pile, but I might pick it up at Fast 5 to watch along.

Boy, imagine being a new subscriber in 2017.

It'd be great. Think of all the old videos they could watch for the first time.

That first episode of the FOO Show is actually not great. Quadrilateral Cowboy is such a crazy looking game with an interesting art style, but in FOO you're just standing in a black void with a couple desks in front of you with a few assets on them.

UPF isn't always this outright bad, but I'd say it's never really any good, either.

yea to be clear I haven't been watching, but I just don't have high expectations for UPF. really I don't think there's much else the dudes would be doing with this time (end of the work day on Friday) soo I don't really complain if i'm not enjoying a particular UPF

yea to be clear I haven't been watching, but I just don't have high expectations for UPF. really I don't think there's much else the dudes would be doing with this time (end of the work day on Friday) soo I don't really complain if i'm not enjoying a particular UPF

The thing that really gets me about it is that this is the feature the West crew hangs their hat on in terms of premium. It's the "flagship," marquee feature for subscribers, and it's just banal. They played two different games that had no music in them and a mobile word game this week, and you could just feel the life being sucked out of the studio. And this is with a guest.

I think East knocking it out of the fucking park (they had 3 premium features this week alone) really exacerbates all of that, especially considering that both offices have a similar staff right down to responsibilities (two editors and a producer, with one person from each side overseeing hiring duties). West has no energy or enthusiasm, and seemingly no excuse for it.

CrazyDude

The thing that really gets me about it is that this is the feature the West crew hangs their hat on in terms of premium. It's the "flagship," marquee feature for subscribers, and it's just banal. They played two different games that had no music in them and a mobile word game this week, and you could just feel the life being sucked out of the studio. And this is with a guest.

I think East knocking it out of the fucking park (they had 3 premium features this week alone) really exacerbates all of that, especially considering that both offices have a similar staff right down to responsibilities (two editors and a producer, with one person from each side overseeing hiring duties). West has no energy or enthusiasm, and seemingly no excuse for it.
Dan was the one who brought the energy to the West and the one who pushed a whole bunch of content.

mmm fair. I guess I don't really spilt the crew in my mind. I hadn't really thought about it but yes I guess the only west premium thing is UPF. soo yea maybe they could think about putting that on ice to try some other stuff.

If it were up to me they'd just do let's plays and off topic premium podcasts

It's probably best it's not up to me

Joeku

Man, Fast Five is pretty dang good. If there's one thing not hinted at going into future movies, it's the
Jason Statham
thing. I really hope that didn't get spoiled for them before the stinger in 6.

Man, Fast Five is pretty dang good. If there's one thing not hinted at going into future movies, it's the
Jason Statham
thing. I really hope that didn't get spoiled for them before the stinger in 6.

Pretty sure he's in the trailers for the new one, so I think they know about him

oh nvm if you're talking about a specific thing he does. I haven't seen 6-8 yet

Honestly, I'm just disappointed in the West team at this point. I looked forward to anything they used to put out, but man, the quality of everything they do is really bad now. I am feeling like they are relying on way too much technology. I was happy when they just sat down and played games. I miss them playing games and just talking. I don't need overly complicated new "better than tricaster" stuff, tons of transitions and different segments with different things all the time. Make sure the game runs before you start and just sit down and hang out and play some games you want to for two hours. It really isn't hard.

kingocfs

giant bomb east is drinking 40s and watching furious 6 right now

giant bomb west is solving crossword puzzles

UPDATE: giant bomb east is nes games, giant bomb west is master system games

Unwatchable Fridays

will wasn't bringing mobile word games to happy hours during the whiskey media days

they started fifteen minutes late for a reason

east coast is bringing in austin walker to get drunk and talk over the best fast & furious movie

west coast is bringing in will smith to troubleshoot stream issues and not pay attention to a video game they already quick looked

UPF has been aggressively boring this week

are u ok?

Scizzy

Reading this thread, you'd have no idea GBWest put out a strong Bombcast, good QLs of Everything and ME, and a solid VRODEO this week.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Reading this thread, you'd have no idea GBWest put out a strong Bombcast, good QLs of Everything and ME, and a solid VRODEO this week.

I'm not one to complain on a day that wasn't a call-in show, but mostly through faults of the games I couldn't make it halfway through the Mass Effect or VRodeo videos.

Top Bottom