• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Reading this thread, you'd have no idea GBWest put out a strong Bombcast, good QLs of Everything and ME, and a solid VRODEO this week.

You and me both. However, people have the right to voice their opinions as long as they're constructive especially since they're paying for said content(not everyone has disposable income). I think in the end it's more "they're doing content I'm not interested in" rather than "no content at all". I don't really see the crew as separate entities since both are working for a common goal so any content they do from both sides is a good thing(no shit). I don't complain because from the moment GB started I've had this mindset of wanting to support the guys so that they could keep doing their thing because I enjoyed their work at GS and they made me love gaming journalism even though it's not my line of work. I'm still in that mindset and probably will be for as long as this train keeps going because they've entertained me for more than a decade and continue to do so. I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that Classic Gamespot & GB made it easier for me to go through, deal with and ultimately overcome the shitty, fucked up times in my life.

East, West, North or South, I'm there.

Megasoum

Banned
So I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect 1 in the last couple of days.

I'm still having a bit of a tough time playing as FemShep but I'm starting to get used to it.

I thought about maybe also doing a Renagade playthrough for the first time but I just can't... For some reason I always have a super tough time being a dick in a game like that lol (the only exception is the inFamous series because those evil powers are soooooo much better).

Also that HD Texture mod for the PC version really helps A LOT.

Also #2, as much as I'm enjoying the game... I just can't fucking wait to get to the sequel.

lok1xux7.gif

So I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect 1 in the last couple of days.

I'm still having a bit of a tough time playing as FemShep but I'm starting to get used to it.

I thought about maybe also doing a Renagade playthrough for the first time but I just can't... For some reason I always have a super tough time being a dick in a game like that lol (the only exception is the inFamous series because those evil powers are soooooo much better).

Also that HD Texture mod for the PC version really helps A LOT.

Also #2, as much as I'm enjoying the game... I just can't fucking wait to get to the sequel.

Always renegade.

lmue3s6i.png

Always.

TraBuch

Banned
The problem with UPF is that the GB site is filled with fans that're all just yes men that refuse to criticize, thinking they'll upset their internet parents. And the times that there are complaints, in chat or on the forums, they immediately get banned by mods that seem to take personal offense to people that aren't satisfied with the output.

That first episode of the FOO Show is actually not great. Quadrilateral Cowboy is such a crazy looking game with an interesting art style, but in FOO you're just standing in a black void with a couple desks in front of you with a few assets on them.

That's a shame, sounds very basic. I wonder why it took them so long, is there any more depth to it than that?

Megasoum

Banned
The problem with UPF is that the GB site is filled with fans that're all just yes men that refuse to criticize, thinking they'll upset their internet parents. And the times that there are complaints, in chat or on the forums, they immediately get banned by mods that seem to take personal offense to people that aren't satisfied with the output.

That's one of the reason that I stopped visiting the site's forums and comments...

That's a shame, sounds very basic. I wonder why it took them so long, is there any more depth to it than that?

It was a very poor one for them to start with. It was filmed in front of a live audience at XOXO, so the audio isn't great and there are cuts. Because of the nature of them being physically tracked during the presentation, though, the cuts result in their character models physically jumping through space. It's very odd to see.

Also the developer seemed a bit nervous. They were in front of hundreds of people so I don't blame them, but I imagine much more interesting and comfortable conversation will come out of studio recordings in future episodes.

I still have high hopes for the rest of the season, but this was such a rough start.

I've definitely complained a lot on the main forums back in the day when I was premium and they had to share UPF time with Tested and Comic Vine. Premium content was pretty sparse and their quick looks were nothing but Kinect games. And Vinny was working full-time behind the scenes so he was rarely ever in any quick looks and live shows. Endurance run was a taboo thing where you were seen as entitled to want it and they refused to do it even when it could have really upped their content output during that dry season. There wasn't another giantbomb side to help with content. The premium backlog wasn't as extensive then. This was back when "they're still settling into their new offices" was not a joke.

I just resubbed last week after a long time of falling off of GB content. People are entitled to complain since it's their money. But it was worse before when GB as a whole was kinda lacking in interesting content. So I find it strange that people feel the need to separate the two as if they aren't all one website. It's not quite a whiskey media situation where you're splitting your subscription among GB, Tested, Comic Vine, and Alex Navarro's and Matthew Rorie's Screened. If GB East is putting our great content, I see that as a win for GB in general.

Giganteus

I've definitely complained a lot on the main forums back in the day when I was premium and they had to share UPF time with Tested and Comic Vine. Premium content was pretty sparse and their quick looks were nothing but Kinect games. And Vinny was working full-time behind the scenes so he was rarely ever in any quick looks and live shows. Endurance run was a taboo thing where you were seen as entitled to want it and they refused to do it even when it could have really upped their content output during that dry season. There wasn't another giantbomb side to help with content. The premium backlog wasn't as extensive then.

I just resubbed last week after a long time of falling off of GB content. People are entitled to complain since it's their money. But it was worse before when GB as a whole was kinda lacking in interesting content. So I find it strange that people feel the need to separate the two as if they aren't all one website. It's not quite a whiskey media situation where you're splitting your subscription among GB, Tested, Comic Vine, and Alex Navarro's and Matthew Rorie's Screened.
Yeah, people seem to have forgotten those period's of time in GB's history.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Giving up pizza was super easy for my diet since the amount of carbs in pasta/pizza is so insane that its not worth it

but Chinese food is so delicious.

Tagyhag

I just resubbed last week after a long time of falling off of GB content. People are entitled to complain since it's their money. But it was worse before when GB as a whole was kinda lacking in interesting content. So I find it strange that people feel the need to separate the two as if they aren't all one website. It's not quite a whiskey media situation where you're splitting your subscription among GB, Tested, Comic Vine, and Alex Navarro's and Matthew Rorie's Screened.

Actually this comes with human nature, people are easy to manipulate. It happened as soon as Giantbomb West and East were named. Never mind the fact that they're paying the same as they did when Giantbomb was just one office.

For example, if you gave half of the people here a blue username, and then the other half a red username, it would take a week before people were just flinging shit at each other and saying stuff like "Of course a RED user would think that".

hamchan

After this F&F:F&F I hope GBEast continue with more movies. Maybe if someone hasn't seen Rocky they could actually do Rocky I-VI + Creed.

Jintor

That cheat engine "educational short" on the Beastcast had me in stitches.

one of their better improv segments, though I was a bit dubious when Vinny just started into it. But Alex picking up the ball and running with it saved the bit.

Alex is low-key my fave pinch-hitter.

(I don't know what a pinch-hitter is but I assume it's good)

For example, if you gave half of the people here a blue username, and then the other half a red username, it would take a week before people were just flinging shit at each other and saying stuff like "Of course a RED user would think that".

Yo if gaf just did this at random one day that would be fascinating to watch play out and see if anything changes

Watching films and 40s....half way through and already finished my 40...think this is the first time I've been buzzed in a while. Had an old english, and it just kinda tasted like mediocre beer.

Actually this comes with human nature, people are easy to manipulate. It happened as soon as Giantbomb West and East were named. Never mind the fact that they're paying the same as they did when Giantbomb was just one office.

Sure, I hate those filthy non-medal wearing free users. Having fun little wrestling feuds is fun. But when people are going "ugh GB West sucks. They're gonna make people unsubscribe! They're not even trying! My premium is going to waste!" I just go like, things were way worse and if GBeast is picking up the slack while the West is down a video producer and personality, I don't see what the problem is. Back in the day, GB in general just sucked sometimes and there was no GBeast to pick up the content production. The Vinny economy was at an all time low.

Speaking of Film & 40s, how do the older ones that Drew and Dan did hold up? I got introduced to Film & 40s via the Fast and Furious ones and just wonder if anyone can comment if those are worth doing as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've definitely complained a lot on the main forums back in the day when I was premium and they had to share UPF time with Tested and Comic Vine. Premium content was pretty sparse and their quick looks were nothing but Kinect games. And Vinny was working full-time behind the scenes so he was rarely ever in any quick looks and live shows. Endurance run was a taboo thing where you were seen as entitled to want it and they refused to do it even when it could have really upped their content output during that dry season. There wasn't another giantbomb side to help with content. The premium backlog wasn't as extensive then. This was back when "they're still settling into their new offices" was not a joke.

I just resubbed last week after a long time of falling off of GB content. People are entitled to complain since it's their money. But it was worse before when GB as a whole was kinda lacking in interesting content. So I find it strange that people feel the need to separate the two as if they aren't all one website. It's not quite a whiskey media situation where you're splitting your subscription among GB, Tested, Comic Vine, and Alex Navarro's and Matthew Rorie's Screened. If GB East is putting our great content, I see that as a win for GB in general.

Because humans are all tribalistic idiots and everyone is unable to control their base instincts.

Speaking of Film & 40s, how do the older ones that Drew and Dan did hold up? I got introduced to Film & 40s via the Fast and Furious ones and just wonder if anyone can comment if those are worth doing as well.

I enjoyed the Rocky one.

I had a really relaxing night playing Lumo on PS+. It is a shame UPF sucked again but GBeast are knocking it out the park right now so hard to complain for me personally.

I also thought the Everything QL was great. No need for it on UPF though.

I skip UPF almost every week now.

Top Bottom