• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Nerokis

People don't want their money potentially going to someone who spreads a hateful message. Not sure why this is a difficult concept for you.

It's not.

But considering all the evidence that Danny is a good guy who has a lot to contribute to the industry, I think it's good for him to succeed. I'm disagreeing with the idea that anything he's done has particularly changed that calculation, including the possibility that a minuscule percentage of Colin's Patreon income will come from a minuscule percentage of Danny's Patreon income. More than that, I just don't see much good coming from a significant backlash in this case. The most likely scenario, in my mind, is that it would unnecessarily demonize/punish/push away someone who otherwise has always seemed pretty comfortable on our side of things, and be a boon to all the wrong people.

In any case, there are a million potential reasons to stop supporting a Patreon, and my intention isn't to convince anyone to give Danny their money. Just discussing the overall scenario surrounding the sudden burst of negative Danny posts.

Danny is a random dude on the internet I give a few bucks to, he's not my Dad.

Is this really the thread to talk as if a random dude on the internet can't also be your father?

I've heard every episode of bombcast so now I just listen to random old episodes when I need to hear voices while I work. The first couple EPS after Patrick arrives are so great... Brad bringing up Sasha grey retiring, Patrick saying he'll pay Vinny not to finish Dragon Age 2 lol

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know what I miss?

giphy.gif

Game Room.

Ketch

Danny is basically building the wall himself at this point.

So weird for him to come out as anti immigration. I know whose twitter I'm unfollowing!

#babyrage #shutitdown

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's not.

But considering all the evidence that Danny is a good guy who has a lot to contribute to the industry, I think it's good for him to succeed. I'm disagreeing with the idea that anything he's done has particularly changed that calculation, including the possibility that a minuscule percentage of Colin's Patreon income will come from a minuscule percentage of Danny's Patreon income. More than that, I just don't see much good coming from a significant backlash in this case. The most likely scenario, in my mind, is that it would unnecessarily demonize/punish/push away someone who otherwise has always seemed pretty comfortable on our side of things, and be a boon to all the wrong people.

In any case, there are a million potential reasons to stop supporting a Patreon, and my intention isn't to convince anyone to give Danny their money. Just discussing the overall scenario surrounding the sudden burst of negative Danny posts.

Is this really the thread to talk as if a random dude on the internet can't also be your father?

I don't and have not given Danny money. It's easy for me to understand why someone would stop however. Actions speak louder than words. For all his talk, giving money to someone opposed to diversity outweighs what he says on Twitter and elsewhere.

I've heard every episode of bombcast so now I just listen to random old episodes when I need to hear voices while I work. The first couple EPS after Patrick arrives are so great... Brad bringing up Sasha grey retiring, Patrick saying he'll pay Vinny not to finish Dragon Age 2 lol

When Bombcast was goat tier.

brad bringing up sasha grey retiring was so fucking random.

what the hell did he want to talk about?

hamchan

Danny O'Disappointed.

If the sight of seeing your Danny money get funneled into Colin money disgusts you then you should definitely stop giving money.

Salarians

I wonder if Vinny ever finished DA:I

or if he still has those signed copies of the DA novels

can you link the first episode after Patrick? I'm looking for old stuff to listen too later.

asking for myself, im friend

Is Moriarty's Patreon REALLY called Colin's Last Stand?

I mean... really?

I couldn't have come up with a more pathetic, feeble name if I was trying to take the piss out of the guy.

daveo42

Banned

I mean... really?

I couldn't have come up with a more pathetic, feeble name if I was trying to take the piss out of the guy.

Seems like he needed a way to make money on short notice after getting the axe from KF and Glenn Beck didn't straight out offer him a gig.

Hindl

I still have the Gerudo Highlands and Desert to explore, but so far the Goron dungeon is the best one. I think I'm gonna start heading to the end, and then focus on really exploring the desert area after beating the game

KillerAJD

aVJpqJV.png

Yeah, was probably going to do it soon anyway, but time to call it a day on Danny's Patreon.

Meanwhile he's out there re-tweeting a trans dev who's spent the last hour admonishing the industry's show of support for Colin. Really made a home for himself on that fence.

Well, that's a bummer. I too removed my (admittedly meager $5) pledge because of this. I completely understand wanting to support a friend, but yeah, Colin has said some absolute garbage, not only recently. I see no reason to throw a fiver somebodies way when they then turn around and give some portion of that back to a person like Colin. I've loved Danny's content, and wish him well, but nah. Not worth it.

I mean... really?

The title is funny in an ironic way. I know for a fact Colin is very well versed in US History. But, if Colin's Last Stand is, in fact, a play on Custer's Last Stand. Well, that didn't work out too well for old General Custer.

After the Civil War, Custer remained a major general in the United States Volunteers until they were mustered out in February 1866. He reverted to his permanent rank of captain and was appointed a lieutenant colonel in the 7th Cavalry Regiment in July 1866. He was dispatched to the west in 1867 to fight in the American Indian Wars. On June 25, 1876, while leading the 7th Cavalry Regiment at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in Montana Territory against a coalition of Native American tribes, he and all of his detachment—which included two of his brothers—were killed. The battle is popularly known in American history as "Custer's Last Stand." Custer and his regiment were defeated so decisively at the Little Bighorn that it has overshadowed all of his prior achievements.

Though, according to the Atari 2600, he did get his revenge ;p

Top Bottom